• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    MTs are pretty much a waste in Texas unless you play in the mud a lot (hence why they are mud terrains and not all terrains!).

I've been running MTs on my Wrangler since 2008, and when this current set finally wears out I will be replacing them with BFG KO2s! Those tires are far better suited for most Texas terrain...

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Y'all don't wheel hard enough then if you get by on ATs.

MTs aren't better than ATs just in the mud. They're far superior on the rocks and pretty much everywhere except the sand.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Lmao

ATs are often the best compromise especially for a street vehicle, but that doesn't mean MTs aren't still better in hardcore off roading.

If you're only on dirt roads and sometimes sand, a street oriented AT works just fine, like a BFG Rugged Trail or Michelin LTX A/T2

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I have MTs on my truck. Are they going to blow out driving them on asphalt and concrete? Very concerned. Someone please help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    On my last truck, a F150 I went through two sets of KO's and wasn't impressed. Within 40k miles has balancing issues and tread separation. When I bought my F250 three years ago I put on a set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs size 325/60/20. I currently have 45k on them and they still have another 15-20k worth of tread left and no issues so far. Think I'll stick with these when replacement time comes around.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I got the set of 5 AT ko2's 270/75/r18 for 1100 out the door mounted and balanced. Looking at alot of other tires I think I did ok.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Discount tire matched 4wd.com's price. The discount is a bit less but still 1070 for 5 and then you have to pay discount for the mounting.

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    5 for that price is indeed a smokin' deal. I have about 5,000 miles on the KO2's on my F250. Really liking them, but then again, I have run KO's, KM's, and KM2's on various trucks and have always liked them.

Only problem I ever had was when one of the KM2's chunked a huge section of tread at 70mph...lost control and the truck careened into the concrete divider and was pretty much totalled. BFG bought me one new tire. LOL!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Bumping a necro thread. How are you guys liking these KO2's now after a year? My dodge is going to need a new set of LT265/75R16 soon and this tire is at the top of the list from my research.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I ran them under 1500s and SUVs, but won't run them on my 2500. They're over priced and too soft anyway. In mild offroad they're ok. But get in mud and they turn into slick donuts. They were bad in snow & ice as well. Weren't all that great on wet roads.

Long story short, I think there are better all around performing AT truck tires for less money.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I ran them under 1500s and SUVs, but won't run them on my 2500. They're over priced and too soft anyway. In mild offroad they're ok. But get in mud and they turn into slick donuts. They were bad in snow & ice as well. Weren't all that great on wet roads.

Long story short, I think there are better all around performing AT truck tires for less money.

I like cheaper. Other tires I am looking at are the Nitto G2 Terra, Goodyear Authority Wranglers, and a Cooper ATS I think. They are going on a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4. It's a 5,200 pound truck unloaded. It has beefed up Springs with a SFA and pulls loads on occasion, but mostly unloaded. 90 percent on the street 10 at the ranch on rock and dirt and cactus. I have Passenger rated tires and want to ditch them for a good 10 ply for just better everything.

Top Bottom