• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    On my last truck, a F150 I went through two sets of KO's and wasn't impressed. Within 40k miles has balancing issues and tread separation. When I bought my F250 three years ago I put on a set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs size 325/60/20. I currently have 45k on them and they still have another 15-20k worth of tread left and no issues so far. Think I'll stick with these when replacement time comes around.

A little update on my Duratracs. Currently at 63k and should easily get 70k out of them. I don't haul much but I am lead footed so I see my traction control light blink often. I imagine if I drove like a typical old man these things would easily get 80k or more out of them. Yeah a new set is gonna cost me 2 grand but with the miles I get out of them they are cheaper in the long run.
    Target Sports

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Bumping a necro thread. How are you guys liking these KO2's now after a year? My dodge is going to need a new set of LT265/75R16 soon and this tire is at the top of the list from my research.

They are better than most stock tires. But if you are going to do any serious wheeling that involves anything other pavement or slickrock, they will not cut it.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I like cheaper. Other tires I am looking at are the Nitto G2 Terra, Goodyear Authority Wranglers, and a Cooper ATS I think. They are going on a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4. It's a 5,200 pound truck unloaded. It has beefed up Springs with a SFA and pulls loads on occasion, but mostly unloaded. 90 percent on the street 10 at the ranch on rock and dirt and cactus. I have Passenger rated tires and want to ditch them for a good 10 ply for just better everything.

I encourage you to also look at Cooper AT3 too.

My 7200lb 2500 is wearing them now. Load E 285/70/17. Now they are 2ply sidewall vs 3 so they're less stiff than a 3ply counterpart. But for the truck's current duty of daily street driver, infrequent full load and no towing, they're doing well. I've been most impressed with wet weather traction, a problem area for this nose-heavy, light butt Cummins. <--- wow didn't know that was a cuss word lol

ktmguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2016
    San Antonio
    I have bfg all terrain ko2's on my 06 f150 fx4 right now, 285/65/20. I'm had ko1s on it before and the ko2s are smaller even though I bought the "same" size. Bfg claims them to be 34.5 tall by 11.5 wide and when new they were just under 33.5 by just over 9 wide. The three sets of the exact same size ko1s that Ive had on my truck were just over 34 maybe 34 and an 1/8 by just under 10. That's alittle more than 3/4 of an inch in height and width, So that really bothered me, especially for the price. High speed cornering is definitely not as good as the ko1s but for just putting around they seem to work ok. They are good for dry off-roading and dirt roads but not much more technical wheeling than that. Over all they are mediocre and I am not buying them again and that's after buying ko1s three times in a row and really liking them after nitto terra grapplers, which were also pretty good. I'm considering toyo's muds for my next set.

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Still quiet 12K miles on them no problems with balance or them falling apart. I have not priced them this year but would have no problems putting another set on especially if I got them for the same 1100 bucks for 5 mounted and balanced.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Lots of choices out there for AT's. I put about 25-30k a year on tires driving for work. Really wanting a long lasting set for the pavement, but not wanting a highway tire just becuase of the little ranch use it does see.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I like cheaper. Other tires I am looking at are the Nitto G2 Terra, Goodyear Authority Wranglers, and a Cooper ATS I think. They are going on a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4. It's a 5,200 pound truck unloaded. It has beefed up Springs with a SFA and pulls loads on occasion, but mostly unloaded. 90 percent on the street 10 at the ranch on rock and dirt and cactus. I have Passenger rated tires and want to ditch them for a good 10 ply for just better everything.

I am currently running a set of Goodyear Authority Wranglers A/Ts (which are actually M/Ts, as they matched the tread on my Firestone Destination M/Ts) on my 2005 Jeep Wrangler...

238e9be9-80db-476c-9d7c-5d4834ca0cc0_1.a6d676f12f16bbd2d5b331feb83934b4.jpeg

They are holding out fairly well (I don't have the exact mileage but it's recorded on a spreadsheet at home), but they got loud fairly quickly and aren't the smoothest running tire around.

I work with another Jeep owner that has the BFG A/Ts on his Wrangler and loves them, but he doesn't put a lot of miles on his Jeep and I don't think he wheels much if at all.

I did see the new Goodyear DuraTracs at Walmart this weekend and they look a lot like the BFGs...

908340ac-f230-4c42-bb10-653c6bfe30b8_1.40e2776d8ac4e2def1fdac87d109a21c.jpeg

I am not sure of the price or how well they work, but based simply on the tread pattern I have to admit I am interested. Even though I haven't had the best experience with the set I have on it, these are more A/T in design and more suited for what I need (mostly road with some wheeling). I have to read up more on them, but I'm in no rush as I still have plenty of wear left in the Authorities I am running.

Cheers! M2

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I am currently running a set of Goodyear Authority Wranglers A/Ts (which are actually M/Ts, as they matched the tread on my Firestone Destination M/Ts) on my 2005 Jeep Wrangler...

238e9be9-80db-476c-9d7c-5d4834ca0cc0_1.a6d676f12f16bbd2d5b331feb83934b4.jpeg

They are holding out fairly well (I don't have the exact mileage but it's recorded on a spreadsheet at home), but they got loud fairly quickly and aren't the smoothest running tire around.

I work with another Jeep owner that has the BFG A/Ts on his Wrangler and loves them, but he doesn't put a lot of miles on his Jeep and I don't think he wheels much if at all.

I did see the new Goodyear DuraTracs at Walmart this weekend and they look a lot like the BFGs...

908340ac-f230-4c42-bb10-653c6bfe30b8_1.40e2776d8ac4e2def1fdac87d109a21c.jpeg

I am not sure of the price or how well they work, but based simply on the tread pattern I have to admit I am interested. Even though I haven't had the best experience with the set I have on it, these are more A/T in design and more suited for what I need (mostly road with some wheeling). I have to read up more on them, but I'm in no rush as I still have plenty of wear left in the Authorities I am running.

Cheers! M2

Can't go wrong with the Duratracs. I'm at 62k and still going. Even though the tread pattern looks aggressive their surprisingly quiet and grip is outstanding even in snow and rain

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I like what I am reading about those Duratracs. One good thing about Walmart is that they are everywhere. So if I ever need to use the road hazard it won't be far away. Just wish I could the work instead of having them do it.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Yeah, the DuraTracs do look good; but the price! :O

Yeah their expensive but as many miles they last they come out cheaper in the long run. I'm going to have to replace mine within the next 10k miles and a new set is going to run a little over $2k installed.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yeah their expensive but as many miles they last they come out cheaper in the long run. I'm going to have to replace mine within the next 10k miles and a new set is going to run a little over $2k installed.

Well, that ain't gonna happen for me.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    For a 90/10 Street/Mud they are ok will clean out with enough rpm in 4lo, For a 50/50 mix I had great luck with TOYO Open Country M/T

Hee Haw and Merry Christmas

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I went to get a set of tires at my local shop and they didn't have what I was looking for, but offered me a deal on these Firestone transforce a/t's that I couldn't pass up. Not super aggressive or anything, but should hold up nice on the road. I'll see how it goes with these and report back.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    They consider that an A/T tire?

Not in the conventional/recreational sense: "The Transforce AT is Firestone's On-/Off-Road Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multipurpose full-sized pickups, vans, sport utility and commercial vehicles looking for heavy-duty light truck tires that can combine traction on the highway, as well as at work jobsites..."

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    They consider that an A/T tire?

That was my first question when he offered them. $560 mounted and balanced for an LT tire is a good deal though. They are nice and quiet on the road. When I get out to the family's property in a few weeks I'll see how they do off road .

Top Bottom