• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So if you have the new style BFG KO2' do you like them ?

Are they loud ?
    how well do they work in the rain?
    Not to worried about snow :)

I am looking for answers from people that have them and not from guys that owned a pair 5-15 years ago and they sucked so will never own them again. I tried the regular review places and seems like one review is awesome the next says they suck and proceed to say what they own are the best.

Just looking for some real feedback

I will probably go with 275/70 r18s due to cost but think some 305's would fit my 2000 land cruiser perfect lol
    Venture Surplus ad

swoope18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    The KO2 are a new tire came out just recently.

Check out newmexicobackroads.com

He has been running them and has a good writeup

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I had a set BFGs on a full size bronco 10 years ago and now have about 10K miles on a set of KO2s on my 13 GMC 1500.

GMC_BFGKO2_1.jpg

GMC_BFGKO2_2.jpg

No wear is apparent.

KO2s are a lot quieter than the previous set ... 10 yrs ago ... best I can recall.
    I changed shocks and tires about the same time, so the ride is a little rougher. Not sure if its the tires, the Bilsteins or combo ...

doesn't seem to be any issues in the rain. But I don't drive like a maniac, either. Usually in the slow lane 5 or more under the limit.

Mileage is down about a tenth, according to the lie-o-meter.

My truck handles heavy loads much better now. Shocks? Tires? Combo? Who knows.

HTH

Last edited:

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    How quiet is quiet for those tires? The stock tires that came with my Tacoma are nice but I want something with more grip while keeping the road noise at the level it is now or less (which is really quiet right now).

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    How quiet is quiet for those tires?

I guess that is a relative term.

I use hands-free without a problem.
    Hold normal conversations with any passengers.
    I hear no "singing".

I don't have the best of hearing.
    But I also haven't been diagnosed as needing hearing aids either after my annual audio exam at work.

But, they aren't whisper quiet like you might find with a hiway tread.

All I can say is they are no more noisy than my previous generation A/Ts (best I can recall) and as quiet as the General Grabbers that came on the truck from the factory.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I plan on these being the next set of tires I put on my Jeep. MTs no longer appeal to me, there's really no reason for them in Texas unless you like to play in the mud (which I don't). For most of the terrain around here, a good AT will work and you won't pay the price on the road!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am the guy that ran them in the past and will never own them again. These were the original series MTs just before they redesigned them about 10 years ago or so. So OP just disregard my post but I wanted to throw in my experiences.

I have had three separate catastrophic failures at highway speeds with them. None of the tires had previous damage and only one gave any sign of giving out.

I hope they make a better tire now and you get them and love them.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I've got a new set of them now. 275 60r 20's on a 2013 GMC 1500 all terrain trim. Got them last month and I've put about 4000 miles on them already. Mine are 8 ply so not as smooth of a ride as the previous tires but no deal killer. I don't consider them noisy. Traction including wet is very good so far. I'm currently in route to Colorado for the week so I'll know how they do in snow very soon. Price wise? I still think I should have stayed with the cooper ATP 275 60r 20 (Discount tire exclusive). That is a very good tire and best bang for the buck. I like the BFG KO2's and I'm sure they are probably a little better in wet, mud, & snow but to be honest the Cooper's did well and so much cheaper. You can't go wrong with the KO 2's but you do have to pony up when you purchase them. They're proud of 'em.

Last edited:

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    The KO2s are great, and ever popular for a true all-terrain tire. They are OK in the rain, but not great. If you actually do wheel your LC then these are a great option. If it's a pavement pounder with the occasional trip down a dirt road or grass parking lot, then I'd recommend something like the Michelin LTX A/T2 or the Nitto Terra Grappler2. They're much better in the rain, very quiet, and wear like iron.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    thanks for all the info

as far as the 10 year old stuff. If its a new tire how can you use data from something that is not the same as what you are looking at. Its like saying all Kel Tecs are junk

and I personaly like KT too.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    thanks for all the info

as far as the 10 year old stuff. If its a new tire how can you use data from something that is not the same as what you are looking at. Its like saying all Kel Tecs are junk

and I personaly like KT too.

It was simply a comparison to another tire you yourself might've owned ... 10 years ago.
    Thought that was clear enough.
    I think you will like them.

And I own a Kel Tec too. ;)

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    well i have 30 miles on them and they are quieter than the discoverers were but I duno how the discoverers sounded new I got the land cruiser used.
    lc.jpg

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Yep after our Colorado trip i can say the KO 2's are very good tires. They are better than the Cooper's in wet and slush so the sipes in the pattern really stand out in those conditions. They are quiet considering how aggressive the tread is and the real test with be the longevity. I got 50k out of the Cooper's but so far the KO's are a better tire. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    When I get a truck or Jeep, they will be wearing KO2s. Had a pair of BFG ATs on my old Cherokee, they were fantastic. Apropos of nothing, Pro Comp ATs are shit.

Top Bottom