• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    History of the pier and possible replacement, I fished this pier for years before it was torn down. They said it was from time and just being old, but the truth is that when they built the new causeway, barges constantly bumped into and tied up to the old fishing pier. One barge actually caused 2 sections to collapse when it bumped into it. FWIW, I live 1 mile from the causeway pier on the Lamar side. My Son and I spent 1999 and 2000 New Years Eve's fishing the pier at midnight. We were the only ones on the North side and had a mile of pier to ourselves. If you went after 10pm the office was closed and you could fish till 0600 for free...Good times.....

Copano Bay Fishing Pier, Rockport, Texas​

Gun Zone Deals

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A couple of things not in the video......

One our young locals while highly inebriated got his car onto the North end and smashed through the barricade at the end, .then hit the water. He had broken up with his girlfriend. One of our local deputies was driving over the causeway at the time and saw him Peter Pan into the bay.......... His body resurfaced two days later.

A an older gentleman working at the office to collect money was found shot to death. He was placed on his knees and shot in the back of the head execution style with a .25 auto. No money or anything was taken and no arrests have ever been made.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    We were just there this last weekend. I did not know this pier was torn down until I drove by there Saturday. I attended the Texas Outdoor Media Association Banquet meeting and conference in Fulton and I asked the organizers what happened to the pier and they attributed to the last hurricane for reasons of tearing it down. I remember last fishing there in 2016 catching my sheepheads and speckled trout.

Fishin4guns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Rockport
    I have fished Copano pier since I was 3, so fished it for almost 40 years. Have many many great memories fishing that pier with my family, staying out all night and into the next day with my dad and brother, just catching fish after fish. Really hated to see it torn down, and would love to see a proper replacement go up in it's place.

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    It’s was closed as a bridge when the replacement bridge was opened in about 1964 ,60 years , so it was probably 90 to 100 years old and in terrible condition, and Harvey probably finished it
    I remember going across many times

AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    Have some great memories there. Caught my first redfish out there and the last time I went I caught some sand trout.. Also the record breaking catches they used to have in the office/store were cool to look at.

Top Bottom