• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Easiest solution would be move to 1 of those states or man up or buy a generator or quit crying or…… you have options.

The only people crying are the ones complaining about why they can’t do it. I have a generator, I also currently have power at my house. Doesn’t mean above ground lines shouldn’t be a thing of the past. Strange how people want to defend shitty infrastructure.

Want to tell me why we should find it acceptable to be told the power grid won’t hold up to demand next?

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    The only people crying are the ones complaining about why they can’t do it. I have a generator, I also currently have power at my house. Doesn’t mean above ground lines shouldn’t be a thing of the past.
    Then pay for it bro, you seem to have it all figured out. Go submit your plans for approval, get a crew, sign the check and get busy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gotcha. Must be why no other states bury their lines. Oh, wait…

They don’t bury all of them.

Lots of new construction is underground, especially when as it gets closer to the customer where line loss becomes less of an issue. But you are talking about replacing existing infrastructure which is a completely different animal.

You sound the same as leftists arguing that we just need more wind turbines. Ignore all the issues, refuse to become educated on the subject, and argue from a position of complete ignorance because the truth doesn’t fit the narrative you’ve built in your head.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    They don’t bury all of them.

Lots of new construction is underground, especially when as it gets closer to the customer where line loss becomes less of an issue. But you are talking about replacing existing infrastructure which is a completely different animal.

You sound the same as leftists arguing that we just need more wind turbines. Ignore all the issues, refuse to become educated on the subject, and argue from a position of complete ignorance because the truth doesn’t fit the narrative you’ve built in your head.
    I didn’t say everything was buried, but most should be buried.

I’m not ignoring issues, unless the issue is people actually having to work hard. I’m literally suggesting something that is common and works.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I’m not ignoring issues, unless the issue is people actually having to work hard. I’m literally suggesting something that is common and works.
    Buried lines are already common, in situations where it makes sense to do so.

And what are you talking about with “people actually having to work hard”? The people that would do the work changing everything over are already doing that work every day. You’ve once again said something so incredibly stupid that I’m finding it quite challenging to respond in a way that I feel you could comprehend given your obvious lack of critical thinking skills or even basic intelligent thought.

You see something work in one place and due to your ignorance you mistakenly believe it is the answer in another situation. Yet you are completely ignorant of the costs, drawbacks, of logistical issues with implementing that solution in another situation. But the real embarrassment is that you continue to cling to your ignorance despite having multiple people who have extensive knowledge on the subject explain to you why it is not a great solution. That’s when ignorance becomes stupidity.

Wallow in it. I’m gonna go check out some funny pictures.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.

Cost and line loss is exorbitant, but you knew that. Due to this most should not be buried, and are not, but you know that, right. genius

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

And what are you talking about with “people actually having to work hard”? The people that would do the work changing everything over are already doing that work every day. You’ve once again said something so incredibly stupid that I’m finding it quite challenging to respond in a way that I feel you could comprehend given your obvious lack of critical thinking skills or even basic intelligent thought.

You see something work in one place and due to your ignorance you mistakenly believe it is the answer in another situation. Yet you are completely ignorant of the costs, drawbacks, of logistical issues with implementing that solution in another situation. But the real embarrassment is that you continue to cling to your ignorance despite having multiple people who have extensive knowledge on the subject explain to you why it is not a great solution. That’s when ignorance becomes stupidity.

thanks for clearing that up for me. as it turns out, today the news reported on Centerpoints plans to bury more lines. Perhaps I’ll send their CS an email and let them know that Younggun on TGT said they won’t be able to do it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    thanks for clearing that up for me. as it turns out, today the news reported on Centerpoints plans to bury more lines. Perhaps I’ll send their CS an email and let them know that Younggun on TGT said they won’t be able to do it.
    Oh my goodness! They’re going to bury “more” lines?! As in, an undefined number greater than currently buried, which they would already be doing because that happens?

Holy shit, this fits right in with your question of why they won’t just bury all the lines! You’re so smart to take a little quote and pretend it actually supports anything you’ve said and somehow discredits everyone who’s pointed out how ignorant you’ve been.

Except it doesn’t and you trying to pretend one comment validates the nonsense you’ve been spewing only makes you look that much worse. Probably the most pathetic performance I’ve seen on TGT in years. Quite sad really, knowing you live with such delusions of grandeur.

Anyways, off to fly digital airplanes in VR. You have a nice evening. Maybe settle back and reward yourself with a nice scotch or something for getting me so good.

lol, what a character.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Day 5 with no power
    Wite unit is beginning to crack.
    It started raining again and she started crying and yelling. Houses directly across the street have had power for 36hrs now.
    I went to Kroger awhile ago. Store up and running like normal. After gathering some things i went to the check out line. Every last person glided thru the process. As the cashier was finishing up scanning my last few items THE FVCKING POWER GOES OUT. Power came back on in afew seconds.
    So I try to pay with my debit and the damn thing won’t scan. I don’t have enough cash to pay. The cashier and them some doofuss manager literally did not know what to do. I stood there for like 5 minutes and they were clueless. So i told them to keep their groceries.
    Drove down the road to HEB and bought groceries there. No issues
    Trot across the street with a couple extension cords?
    I know, but sucks for the wife unit.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

a369f2d54b920aea954a17436d213fd6.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom