• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    They could bury them over time as they do maintenance, and start with burying newly installed lines. They can also tunnel under ground and don’t have to dig trenches everywhere the lines go.
    It couldn't be done all in one go anyway, but the logistics of burying short sections, with set-up/tear-down costs, and battle of "why are they first", "why am I last" would make it even more of a nightmare.

This isn't burying a valved water line for some sprinklers in your back yard... it is mountains of permits, studies and planning that go out of date and couldn't possibly be coordinated with normal maintenance.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    ^^^^^ Completely WRONG. And depending on the rules, most utilities are Co or city owned to the meter. Dad drove me down the Kansas Turnpike where they ( his Co) just installed underground lighting from KC to Topeka (his contract). About 1954. No overhead lines!

OldPhart

On Everyone's Ignore List
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    When Laura hit a few years ago, we were without power for roughly one week. We didn't lose power this time thankfully. What saved us with Laura was our 24' camper and a generator. We have thought of selling it as we don't use it much anymore but probably will keep it as an emergency shelter. The generator, a Champion dual-fuel 6.5 kw ran very well but it goes thru a tank of gas in less than 5 hours and is very noisy. Also, the switch that controls the type of fuel has broken twice so I converted it to run straight gasoline. If I had to do it over, I'd bite the bullet and get a Honda inverter/generator like the EB6500. they are much quieter and last longer per gallon.....buy once, cry once.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Day 5 with no power
    Wite unit is beginning to crack.
    It started raining again and she started crying and yelling. Houses directly across the street have had power for 36hrs now.
    I went to Kroger awhile ago. Store up and running like normal. After gathering some things i went to the check out line. Every last person glided thru the process. As the cashier was finishing up scanning my last few items THE FVCKING POWER GOES OUT. Power came back on in afew seconds.
    So I try to pay with my debit and the damn thing won’t scan. I don’t have enough cash to pay. The cashier and them some doofuss manager literally did not know what to do. I stood there for like 5 minutes and they were clueless. So i told them to keep their groceries.
    Drove down the road to HEB and bought groceries there. No issues

Hope your situation improves soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    ^^^^^ Completely WRONG. And depending on the rules, most utilities are Co or city owned to the meter. Dad drove me down the Kansas Turnpike where they ( his Co) just installed underground lighting from KC to Topeka (his contract). About 1954. No overhead lines!
    What is completely wrong? Your little arrows point to Cam’s post asking who is lying.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Judge Keough has more Centerpoint news for Montgomery county, this time it's positive....

ETA: Sorry it doesn't appear to work, but there are 1k more workers coming.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It couldn't be done all in one go anyway, but the logistics of burying short sections, with set-up/tear-down costs, and battle of "why are they first", "why am I last" would make it even more of a nightmare.

This isn't burying a valved water line for some sprinklers in your back yard... it is mountains of permits, studies and planning that go out of date and couldn't possibly be coordinated with normal maintenance.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Yep. Sounds like they should get working on it.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    You are mostly wrong, you are not in Kansas anymore.

1720815269861.png

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Hildago.
    The vid in the link shines light on it.
    Patrick texted her with the offers over 4 days, she texted back no thanks.
    Hildago's spokesperson said not true, the judge never talked to Patrick.
    Pfffft.
    Ropes have a twist to them also.

^ This.

Plus, I don't think I'd readily believe Lina Hidalgo about much of anything, even if she was pumped full of sodium thiopental and strapped into a polygraph machine.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Hildago.
    The vid in the link shines light on it.
    Patrick texted her with the offers over 4 days, she texted back no thanks.
    Hildago's spokesperson said not true, the judge never talked to Patrick.
    Pfffft.
    Ropes have a twist to them also.

She never did TALK to Patrick.

but..

She did TEXT him.

See the difference,

Top Bottom