• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jherico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Clearlake
    I understand your opinion and most of it makes sense but using the word foolish is arrogant in a debatable situation like this. Also, please explain the, "a man with a gun is a threat...by design," view.

** CENSORED **by Jherico
    Due to liberal content
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    As an example, imagine you are standing on a street. Two strangers approach you, one from the left and one from the right. The man on the left has a gun, the man on the right is carrying a sign that says "Death to Gun Owners". They are both walking towards you with intent. Your life may or may not hang in the balance. Which man is the threat and which is not?

Given that I own guns, the known threat is from the right.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    In the context, "foolish" could be exchanged for "dangerous" or "unwise" or "ill conceived". Meant to convey, again in context, that breaking the law with a gun in your hand is not a smart thing to do unless there is no other choice.

"a man with a gun is a threat...by design" is the notion that the known, and universally understood, function of a firearm is to dispense deadly force. Be that on an animal or human or milk jug. To carry a deadly weapon is to include in your pool of readily available options the use of deadly force. To do so overtly, as in walking down the street with an AR strapped to your back, advertises that option to all within range. Weather your intentions are peaceful or otherwise does not diminish the effect on bystanders because they can never fully know your thoughts or intentions. It's one of the reasons people respect the soldiers, police and other law enforcement. They are authorized wielders of deadly force. The presence of the gun implies to all the option of deadly force. This is a universal concept.

As an example, imagine you are standing on a street. Two strangers approach you, one from the left and one from the right. The man on the left has a gun, the man on the right is carrying a sign that says "Death to Gun Owners". They are both walking towards you with intent. Your life may or may not hang in the balance. Which man is the threat and which is not?

Another example. You see a man screaming crazy things on the street corner. You think "that dude's crazy" and laugh it off. Now you see that same screaming man with a gun in his hand. You think of him as a serious threat, to you or others. Why? Because the gun gives the crazy man the option of deadly force.

I have no problem with you and am not coming at you with an aggressive attitude, but you're really starting to come off as a liberal type. I'm pretty sure you have a good point to get across and just have to find a better way to word it. Read through your post. I'm confident you'll see why one could get riled up about it. Especially a person who sees firearms as tools. I do this as well, sometimes. So I can see that you mean well but it's coming across not so well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What is one good thing that can possibly come from these guys marching in to DC with loaded rifles?

Jherico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Clearlake
    I have no problem with you and am not coming at you with an aggressive attitude, but you're really starting to come off as a liberal type. I'm pretty sure you have a good point to get across and just have to find a better way to word it. Read through your post. I'm confident you'll see why one could get riled up about it. Especially a person who sees firearms as tools. I do this as well, sometimes. So I can see that you mean well but it's coming across not so well.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. I'm not sure I see the problem you're talking about but you're not the first to say that so I'd like to figure it out. In my line of work I write a lot of contract language, staff reviews, policies, that kind of thing. Vigorous argument with people way smarter than me is also common...

...wait a minute, I think I just got it. About the previous post. HO...LY...SHIT!....DUDE!! That post needs to be deleted. OMG! That does sound liberal WTF!!!! I'm not being funny here. I seriously see exactly what you mean.

I can't believe I actually penned "They are authorized wielders of deadly force". Like the government decides who can and can't own a gun. I think I was too focused on trying to make a good argument and not enough on, as you said, the way it was sounding.

JColumbus, thanks for tossing that out there the way you did. When you said I sounded like a libtard I was stunned. I went back and reread it with that in mind and I saw exactly what you meant.

Is this how the snake thread sounded? I'm going to have to go reread all my posts.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    What is one good thing that can possibly come from these guys marching in to DC with loaded rifles?

I can't imagine what WOULD be accomplished, if anything. I don't think it's the best way to go about making the point either. When I first read about it, I was thinking, "Yikes, that doesn't sound like it's going to go well", but I loved to see that there was activism in the air. Activism that was stern and passionate.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Constructive criticism is always welcome. I'm not sure I see the problem you're talking about but you're not the first to say that so I'd like to figure it out. In my line of work I write a lot of contract language, staff reviews, policies, that kind of thing. Vigorous argument with people way smarter than me is also common...

...wait a minute, I think I just got it. About the previous post. HO...LY...SHIT!....DUDE!! That post needs to be deleted. OMG! That does sound liberal WTF!!!! I'm not being funny here. I seriously see exactly what you mean.

I can't believe I actually penned "They are authorized wielders of deadly force". Like the government decides who can and can't own a gun. I think I was too focused on trying to make a good argument and not enough on, as you said, the way it was sounding.

JColumbus, thanks for tossing that out there the way you did. When you said I sounded like a libtard I was stunned. I went back and reread it with that in mind and I saw exactly what you meant.

Is this how the snake thread sounded? I'm going to have to go reread all my posts.

Well, I'm certainly not the smartest guy on the forum either. I wasn't trying to insult you either but now that you see what I'm saying, I'm sure you're not insulted. Sometimes I'll post something, go to bed, wake up to someone responding in a way I don't understand, until I read my post again. Then, I find myself wondering why the hell I wrote that. It's actually worse than what you did, cause you just kind of got it out wrong. Sometimes, I write oposite of what I mean or not even on topic of my point. That's how me and TXARguy met. I typed something and he was like, "WTF", and I was like "I got a migrane man, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about". I really did have a migrane but that's no excuse for being a jerk or whatever it was. So yea, we all do it. I'm just glad you're NOT a liberal. Unless you are, got caught and are now trying to cover your ass. LIBERAL SPIE! Seriously though, those boxes were too big and should have been broken down before you threw them in the recycle bi... Ah damn, there I go again!

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    I will just add this to this discussion. This is April 19, 1775 in reverse. This is not " Come and Take it " this is a call to arms - and meant to be precisely that. Think this scenario through. The march will be confronted at the earliest practical point. Here's the rub. No one knows what the mood will be on July 4th . Bengazi hearings arejust now beginning to pay dividends. Obama's eligibility issue is going to be aired on center stage in Alabama by then.

This "march" can take on a life of its own by the 4th of July.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think it's this rather startling piece that most of the media has completely ignored. Turns out Obama and Clinton shouldn't have been on Indiana ballots in 2008. Signatures on the ballot petition by the thousands were forged badly, then checked for accuracy by the forgers.

Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud | Fox News

From what I've read on this the most it would cost him is indianas electoral votes. Not enough to take him out if office.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom