• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Eh, I've known a lot of right leaning and libertarian (small L, not capital) leaning types that have nose rings (septum or stud) and other body piercing and tattoos.

While *generally* one's appearance - such as brightly colored hair, piercings, tats, or certain clothing choices could be an indicator of someone's political leanings, I don't find that to be nearly as true today as it could even 10 or 20 years ago.

Some of the staunchest conservative people I've met have been covered head to toe in tats, and dress like homeless bikers. I think political conservatism for a long time was handcuffed to some christian-fundamentalist Leave it to Beaver type image where everyone wore button down shirts, khakis and loafers, and women were very modest and wore only necklaces and tasteful earrings.
    ARJ Defense ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My brother went in the Navy in 1968. He had a bunch of tats. The obligatory Naval anchor. A ship of some sort. A couple of wives names. Some others I think. It was edgy in the 60's and 70's.

I think piercings are just the newest form of expression. People trying to be newish different, just like the tat craze of the 60's through 90's. And the tats are bigger and more unique these days, as are the piercings. I have a daughter with 4 or 5 piercings in each ear.

My way of expression is to do none of the above. Don't care. Not interested. No ink. No hardware. Don't care if you do, and not impressed if you do or don't.

ETA - ran into a lady once when I was out to lunch who actually had a very cool one that I did like. It was a flat earth on her back shoulder. As she traveled around the world, she colored in each country she visited. It looked very cool with a bunch of different colors for the countries. Must have been 20 or more on the various continents.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    One of the leftist mantras is: Don't be judgemental...

If it is, it's one they sure as hell don't follow. They judge everyone who isn't in lockstep with their leftist, authoritarian ideas. Pretty sure the only leftist mantra is "OBEY! CONFORM! COMPLY!"

I've always followed a conservative mantra: I don't care what you do as long as you're not violating anyone's rights or harming anyone. Doesn't mean I'm gonna go head-over-heels for someone with blond dreds and eight piercings in her face, but I tend not to be judgmental until someone actually expresses an ignorant or offensive opinion rather than me assuming they have one. Lord knows I've had that done to me enough in my life not to want to be the one doing it to others.

But as I've said before, you do you.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My brother went in the Navy in 1968. He had a bunch of tats. The obligatory Naval anchor. A ship of some sort. A couple of wives names. Some others I think. It was edgy in the 60's and 70's.

My mother's cousin (who happened to be the church elder who baptized me) had a huge eagle-globe-and-anchor on his right forearm that he got in WWII. You couldn't have hoped to know a better man than Bill.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    GZ,

Thanks!

I 'am' doing me.

And yes, the 'don't be judgemental reproval' is a leftist mantra, though as you rightly pointed out, they're the 'most judgemental' when it comes down to their unending chastisement if you're Conservative.

One cannot judge them for being marxists...tell them it's the worst form of totalitarian/dictatorship and their heads will explode!

You can't go through life without being positively judgemental.

Without judgement one would be s.o.l.

You can's serve on a jury, buy clothes, slow down or speed up for a yellow light, pick out ripe fruit or a sketchy looking guy, etc., without being judgemental.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My mother's cousin (who happened to be the church elder who baptized me) had a huge eagle-globe-and-anchor on his right forearm that he got in WWII. You couldn't have hoped to know a better man than Bill.
    FUNNY STORY MY UNCLE BILL HAD THE SAME TATOON HIS ARM FROM HIS TIME IN THE NAVY DURING VITNAM WHERE HE SERVEDTWO TOURS

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I pierced my wife's nose 2 months ago. While it's not a ring, it's a diamond stud through the left nostril. I think it looks phucking hot on women.

I like this
    View attachment 368156

I don't like this
    Image result for nose ring

Looks like your garden is safe. She shouldn’t be able to root around in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    In the past couple of years, it appears more and more young women are sporting 'nose rings', sometimes more than one.

Is this a political or fashion statement or both?

In addition to 'nose rings', many also display 'look at me - look at me' wildly unnatural hair color like blue, pink or purple.

Most of those women doing this almost always seem to be 'leftists' and they want you to know they're 'leftists'...

Or, is my highly critical perspective...um, ah, 'codger-ly'..?
    HUH?
    E92C5E4E-69E6-4F1F-90C3-61223CF6BF11.jpeg

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I pierced my wife's nose 2 months ago. While it's not a ring, it's a diamond stud through the left nostril. I think it looks phucking hot on women.

I like this
    View attachment 368156

I don't like this
    Image result for nose ring
    I do not believe that you are mistaken.
    But it reminds me of a question I asked my own dear daughters when they were considering such piercings: if you have the stud out, does it whistle when you blow your nose? I just wanted them to consider all angles...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I had a “tough guy” grab my nose ring ( side piercing, not a cattle ring)and yank it out way back in the day.

He watched too many movies showing it to cause a man to collapse into the fetal position crying like an infant.

Real life is much, much different.

Think about the “Hulk like” rage you get when to mash your finger with a hammer, but you did it to yourself so nothing to really direct that rage at.

Having the nose ring pulled out is almost exactly the same. Except the cause of that discomfort is standing less than three feet in front of you.

He probably still walks with a limp.

Top Bottom