APOD Firearms

Any Real Estate agnets feel like showing me a property in 78611 Friday morning ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You would be surprised. I've seen houses on the market lately that didn't last 4-hours before it was under contract. I've had several buyers in last couple of months submit offers bases on MLS pictures only, and offer is usually over list price.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I understand that. But that just isn't how I do things. I very seldom ever buy something sight unseen. I understand some people do, and that's their business. But something as expensive as land, or a house and property, I want to see it in person before making a decision to go any further.
    Hurley's Gold

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    I understand that. But that just isn't how I do things. I very seldom ever buy something sight unseen. I understand some people do, and that's their business. But something as expensive as land, or a house and property, I want to see it in person before making a decision to go any further.
    Exactly, and that's what I tell them all, but in the long run, do what your "boss" tells you to do.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    16 years ago the wife and I down sized (didn't need 2800 feet and more, just she and I)

Since I was traveling a lot, we got our own realtor, told her what we were looking for. Most of the homes she showed my wife were listed by another realtor. Wife and our realtor would pick out several houses that all of us could check out when I was in town. The house we bought was listed by another realtor with another company than ours and all of the negotiating and paper work was done by our realtor.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    well i dundidit

lowball offer submitted ;)

Ya I am one of them slimy Californians looking for a deal, oh wait they pay 3x value in cash.

I must be one of them white privileged overlords.

I evacuated California 14 years ago.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well we came to a verbal agreement. Just sent the final offer to there agent lets see if they sign

From original asking to agreed selling price was a drop of 125K. It was over priced and we ended up at a price my buyers agent said it should sell for lol.

Still its going to take a ton of work I am excited and terrified all at the same time lol and this is the 5th home I have purchased over my life

not sure I can live with no central A/C lol.

after its all said and done I will post some pics

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So I guess a verbal agreement don't mean chili with beans. After sending a signed offer to them with the agreed on price I get crickets.

I had my agent reach out and ask whats the deal. Now they say they want me to send a new contract saying I will pay 1/2 the survey cost <about 500>

My response was send it as a signed counter offer.

I will only have a fat wallet if I sell my current paid off home over renting it out for income :).

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Expect multiple changes to contract.
    Even minute changes require an update.
    Everything in writing.

Oh there is no doubt and I have sent over 4 signed contracts and none of the counters were in the form of a written counter.

At this point I wanted at least something that says the seller has seem my offer and its not just the agent screwing with me.

It also puts me in the position of when I sign it its a valid contract. Over me sending it to them and they can decide if they want to squeeze more juice out of the pickle.

I can see how he does not want to do written as the listing agent is in Austin and the sellers don't do electronic paperwork.

All of mine have been done with docusign and from the time my agent posted it it was signed and done in under 10 minutes.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I sold my house in Kingsville while up here in The Woodlands.
    All was done electronically.
    Only had to go back for the final paperwork.
    I still had stuff to get, so it wasn't a big deal.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well now I really did done do it.

Docs all signed off to get a loan and the 10,000 other thiings that need to be done.

never thought I would move to be 5 minutes closer to work

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    and the saga continues.

had a home inspection scheduled for today. Told my agent we need to arrange a 9am appointment on Wednesday to do the home inspection

Tuesday night text agent are we good for tomorrow 9am for the home inspection.
    agent> Yep

Wednesday I and the inspectors are at the place 10 minutes early. Chain on the gate. I let them know when I did a walk though the lady was not a minute early.

At 9am Call my agent.

Oh I thought it was Thursday at 9am.

No one was happy. agent agrees to pay them for there time and reschedule for Monday day 8 of my 10 day no cost to me cancel for any reason.

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!!!!

Miss a call from my agent. He texts me. The 10x18 shed with power a/c blah blah is not included in the sale.

my answer It is listed as a permanent fixture and described in the MLS listing how can they say its not included.

agent sends the listing agent a message saying that and added that it is real property and should be included.

Crickets no response.

All this fun and we have not even gotten to the hard part of the sale LOL.

So whats next in poking the bear.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    and the saga continues.

had a home inspection scheduled for today. Told my agent we need to arrange a 9am appointment on Wednesday to do the home inspection

Tuesday night text agent are we good for tomorrow 9am for the home inspection.
    agent> Yep

Wednesday I and the inspectors are at the place 10 minutes early. Chain on the gate. I let them know when I did a walk though the lady was not a minute early.

At 9am Call my agent.

Oh I thought it was Thursday at 9am.

No one was happy. agent agrees to pay them for there time and reschedule for Monday day 8 of my 10 day no cost to me cancel for any reason.

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!!!!

Miss a call from my agent. He texts me. The 10x18 shed with power a/c blah blah is not included in the sale.

my answer It is listed as a permanent fixture and described in the MLS listing how can they say its not included.

agent sends the listing agent a message saying that and added that it is real property and should be included.

Crickets no response.

All this fun and we have not even gotten to the hard part of the sale LOL.

So whats next in poking the bear.

Sounds like more of a pain in the áss than it’s worth. I’d question the competency of the buyer agent if he/she/it fücked up something that simple.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Oh I questioned the sellers agent from the start when she told me that property was not available with her sign in front of it lol

and them not responding to emails and calls to see the property

the most ironic part was the inspection guys laughed and said watersinternational is the worst company they have ever dealt with, I just kind of laughed on the inside err well maybe on the outside too.

Along with my agent contacting them about it I also sent the listing agent a copy of the MLS add stating the shed was a permanent structure.

Hey its a big deal that was going to be my reloading den :).

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Oh I questioned the sellers agent from the start when she told me that property was not available with her sign in front of it lol

and them not responding to emails and calls to see the property

the most ironic part was the inspection guys laughed and said watersinternational is the worst company they have ever dealt with, I just kind of laughed on the inside err well maybe on the outside too.

Along with my agent contacting them about it I also sent the listing agent a copy of the MLS add stating the shed was a permanent structure.

Hey its a big deal that was going to be my reloading den :).
    If the shed wasn't part of the deal, it should have been explained in the very beginning to you that it wasn't.

Changing that in mid-contract seems like a way to negotiate for a better deal on their end.

Like @toddnjoyce with all these problems, I'd walk. Tear up the contract before the time runs out and walk. IF they are serious, they will call you, and negotiate with you. It seems their listing agent might be the biggest part of the problem.

Top Bottom