DK Firearms

Any Real Estate agnets feel like showing me a property in 78611 Friday morning ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Looking for a buyers agent to show me 1 property in 78611 Burnet Tx.

I have had no luck in getting the listing agent to call be or email me back. If I don't hear from him in a few hours I am done with him lol

So your not going to have to drive around showing me 30 different dumps.

prefer Friday mornings.
    Hurley's Gold

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Looking for a buyers agent to show me 1 property in 78611 Burnet Tx.

I have had no luck in getting the listing agent to call be or email me back. If I don't hear from him in a few hours I am done with him lol

So your not going to have to drive around showing me 30 different dumps.

prefer Friday mornings.
    Why would you be calling the listing agent? He will not have your best interest at heart, as he works for the seller.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Why would you be calling the listing agent? He will not have your best interest at heart, as he works for the seller.

Yep. Get your own agent. It's not costing you anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    If its just to see the property, whats the harm?
    I am a listing and buyer's agent. As a listing agent, if you are just wanting to look at a property, then it would be a waste of my time. I've actually had people ask me to show them a property and telling me their Realtor is busy and can't show the property. I tell them, sure, I will show you the property as soon as you sign this Buyer's Rep agreement with me. Oops, no, I want my Realtor to represent me. Okay, ask him when he is not busy.

Kind of like, let's say you are a fishing guide. I call you and say, hey, I'm not really wanting to fish, but will you take me out with you on your next guided trip so I can look and see where all your fishing holes are at....

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I am a listing and buyer's agent. As a listing agent, if you are just wanting to look at a property, then it would be a waste of my time. I've actually had people ask me to show them a property and telling me their Realtor is busy and can't show the property. I tell them, sure, I will show you the property as soon as you sign this Buyer's Rep agreement with me. Oops, no, I want my Realtor to represent me. Okay, ask him when he is not busy.

Kind of like, let's say you are a fishing guide. I call you and say, hey, I'm not really wanting to fish, but will you take me out with you on your next guided trip so I can look and see where all your fishing holes are at....

How is it a waste of your time? Are you assuming no sale could occur? I've looked at and purchased several properties with no buyers agent. I sure haven't purchased any after the listing agent refuses to show it.

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    How is it a waste of your time? Are you assuming no sale could occur? I've looked at and purchased several properties with no buyers agent. I sure haven't purchased any after the listing agent refuses to show it. Sounds like you are buying properties as an investor
    What kind of work do you do?

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Not yet. To date, I've only purchased properties because I like them. I am looking for a ranch in NE TX...
    K. I'm just saying, the listing agent is not representing the buyer. Let's say a buyer does not want to use a Realtor, well, as you know by your comments, you do it. As the listing agent, I'm looking out for the best interest of my client, the seller. You can ask me questions all day long about what you should offer, what you should ask to have repaired after inspection, and so forth. Only thing I can tell you to offer is what it is listed for, and as for repairs, sorry, you will have to figure that out.

As an investor, you already know what you can offer and what you are going to repair.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I have a contract on a property in OK now. I did have a buyer's agent, but only because he's my best friend's dad and I wanted him to collect the commission. He has actually been helpful but that's not normally how I like to buy.

I still don't understand why you'd assume a contact from a buyer is a waste of time. Their time is just as important as yours, typically. I typically look at 20 properties to 1 I buy. From the listing agents' perspectives, I suppose all but 1 felt I wasted their time.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    K. I'm just saying, the listing agent is not representing the buyer. Let's say a buyer does not want to use a Realtor, well, as you know by your comments, you do it. As the listing agent, I'm looking out for the best interest of my client, the seller. You can ask me questions all day long about what you should offer, what you should ask to have repaired after inspection, and so forth. Only thing I can tell you to offer is what it is listed for, and as for repairs, sorry, you will have to figure that out.

As an investor, you already know what you can offer and what you are going to repair.

Yeah, a realtor is the last person I'd ask what to offer.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I would assume the listing agent if they want to actually sell their clients property would make time to show a property and not waste a Buyers agents time who will get nothing if a person is looking at only 1 property because of its location as the buyers agent gets nothing if the home is not purchased.

Now if you were just looking for a home sure a buyer agent makes total sense. They know the local inventory and can show you what you are looking for if you tell them your needs.

In my case the day the sign went up I contacted the realtor by the phone number on the sign and was told that listing is not in the MLS
    and is not for sale. I said well then why did your company put a sign up ?, she did not know.

I asked if she would contact me again if it actually went up for sale she said sure am I interested in anything else. I let her know not unless it backs up the park like the one I asked about.

It showed up as active on Zillow 3 days latter. No call back from the listing company. I emailed the actual listing agent 2 days no contact. I called the actual listing agent left a message with my name number and property location. I then called the number on the sign again Friday left 2 more messages with no call backs.

said screw it filled the contact info area of zillow to have a local agent contact me. 3 minutes later I was on the phone with a agent. 45 minutes latter I was viewing the property.

I frequent the park and wanted the property but after seeing the inside of the tiny home and a few other issues the seller of the property pointed out I decided to pass on it.

I did let the seller know how her agent treated me and she might want to find a new one.

The Buyers agent really did not help all that much but did end up saying what he thought the property was worth and it was 5K less than I was considering to offer.

So you may think blowing off showing someone a property you have listed, you may want to reconsider that attitude.

The current home I am in was purchased from the listing agent and I had no problems using them as my buyers agent.

But that was a case of I need a place to live as the company I work for moved out here so i did not care other than if fit a few key points as it would become a rental when I find the place I really want to live in.

If you know what you are looking for and have lived a life full of maintenance so you can spot neglect/damage You know what you are willing to spend. What good is a buyers agent ? Its not their listing they have never seen the home so have the same vantage as a buyer in spotting problems and they sure are not going to open electrical service boxes to check for funky visible problems. As said before they should know the local market to help guide in an offering price and if there is some kind of "gotcha" in the offer process like a 10% good faith deposit or only 3 days to inspect.

Meh I have gone on long enough

And I do say thanks for the responses and comments.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Maybe the wrong analogy, or not, but how many people buy a used car without looking under the hood or taking a test drive?

Sometimes people like to shop for something before deciding which one they plan on actually buying.

And when a house and property, or just property is listed being for sale, I wonder how many people look at it, before someone actually commits to buying it? One? Two? Several? Many?

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    And when a house and property, or just property is listed being for sale, I wonder how many people look at it, before someone actually commits to buying it? One? Two? Several? Many?

You would be surprised. I've seen houses on the market lately that didn't last 4-hours before it was under contract. I've had several buyers in last couple of months submit offers bases on MLS pictures only, and offer is usually over list price.

Top Bottom