Guns International

Any Real Estate agnets feel like showing me a property in 78611 Friday morning ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    ya peer and beam.

Still not 100% sure I am going to spend money to repair it over building a new home

ya I am I am to cheep to build a new home ;)

From the calls I did about leveling it. The guesstimate on leveling it based on the info given 1200-2500 bucks but they have to inspect it before a real price can be given.

That's way, way better than I thought it would be.

We've got some friends with a slab-on-grade built home, that is sinking toward the back side of their house since it last flooded - they were quoted something like 80K to level the house out, which is half the price of their home.
    Lynx Defense

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Slab Vs Peer and beam I guess or I get suckered with my quotes lol

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Once you have the engineering report in-hand, which directs the foundation folks to precisely place the new piers, you shouldn’t be paying more than $350-$450 per pier…that’s the general rate you should target

Make sure the engineer is in no way connected to the folks doing the repair. He should get around $650 for his report

Edit: typo for clarity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Once you have the engineering report in-hand, which directs the foundation folks to precisely place the new piers, you shouldn’t be paying for the $350-$450 per pier…that’s the general rate you should target

Make sure the engineer is in no way connected to the folks doing the repair. He should get around $650 for his report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thanks

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    before and after mowing down the weeds oh and a nice shot of the pile of junk wood

weeds1 shrunk.jpg

weeds2 shrunk.jpg

weeds3 shrunk.jpg

weeds over mower shrunk.jpg

Weeds be gone :) well kind of.

weeds be gone shrunk.jpg

weeds be gone2 shrunk.jpg

weeds be gone 3 shrunk.jpg

Attachments

• weeds1 shrunk.jpg
      weeds1 shrunk.jpg
      1,012.9 KB · Views: 56

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    let the demo begin

So I am not a construction guy.

Why on earth would you put up wood paneling with the good side to the studs then glue and screw drywall to it ? And use 20K screws :(

It was a good thing we took down the drywall < stupid screwed up "cool finish" covered by several layers of paint was impossible to sand smooth.

Took 4-5 hours with me and my brother pulling down the drywall should have been 2-3. Now its time to unscrew 20K screws

We found water damage under the wall ac unit and under the bathtub

Looks like a bathroom remodel is coming now too. the sub floor under the drain of the tub might be done for could not really get a good look and feel at it till we get the paneling down and insulation out.

WHY insulate a wall that separates the bathroom and master bedroom.

the exterior walls I am glad to know are insulated.

demo 1.jpg

demo 2.jpg

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Day 1 of foundation repair and leveling

they replaced the twisted beam on the outer kitchen wall and will be back today to finish leveling all the other piers.

I know they did something because now the front door does not stay closed with the handle at least the dead bolt still locks.

I think I am glad I left this one to the pro's I was going to try to do it myself but chickened out.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    When you open walls of an older home, you never know what you’ll find.

Decades of previous homeowner repairs will typically leave you scratching your head wondering WTF were they thinking LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    When you open walls of an older home, you never know what you’ll find.

Decades of previous homeowner repairs will typically leave you scratching your head wondering WTF were they thinking LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My uncle's home had newspapers from the early 1900's used as insulation in the walls.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    but just think the next owner gets to pull apart what I am doing and say WTF was he thinking.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    When my wife and I lived in our house built in 1959, she had a saying every weekend when we'd start a project "Next on this week's adventures in This Old House".

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So apparently the correct contact to have a vehicle removed is code enforcement

Well i don't really know what call or contact I made that got the sail boat removed.

I called code enforcement and they actually called back and said its a process.

They contact the owner of vehicle and they have time to remove it. If they give code enforcement a date then after that date a 48 hour removal ticket is placed and it can be towed after that 48 hours go by.

Owner told CE that it would be gone by Monday. Some time after Sat morning it was removed.

So I am assuming CE contacted them and got it going.

dont really care how it got done just overjoyed its outa there.

Top Bottom