any of you not full fledged republicans?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    Ok it hasn’t been asked or if it has my bad.

In regard to your view on federal troops: was Randy Weaver justified if he wanted to shoot at federal agents?

See Ruby Ridge Idaho. Famous case.
    idk a lot about that admittedly. the waco thing always fascinated me more. I will say from what little I know, the feds seemed to be a bit too aggressive and pushy, and they should really only bother people with warrants or high degree of probable cause of seriously illegal activity. I don’t even know what the beef at ruby ridge was about actually. So i really can’t say much more

Edit: alright, I read a bit more. My additional thoughts: if the feds wanted him that badly, they probably should have outwaited him. There was no reason to rush it and go in when they did. 2. Even if what he did was against the law (which I probably don’t agree with the law anyways, they need to have discretion about what they really pursue. As for shooting those feds, no. if he was captured alive, he should have been charged with shooting at them

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    idk a lot about that admittedly. the waco thing always fascinated me more. I will say from what little I know, the feds seemed to be a bit too aggressive and pushy, and they should really only bother people with warrants or high degree of probable cause of seriously illegal activity. I don’t even know what the beef at ruby ridge was about actually. So i really can’t say much more
    A few clicks on the internet...

You will learn more than you want to know about Mr. Weaver & his MURDERED Wife & son...(the FBI was busted for entrapment)....

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Edit: alright, I read a bit more. My additional thoughts: if the feds wanted him that badly, they probably should have outwaited him. There was no reason to rush it and go in when they did. 2. Even if what he did was against the law (which I probably don’t agree with the law anyways, they need to have discretion about what they really pursue. As for shooting those feds, no. if he was captured alive, he should have been charged with shooting at them
    So the agents had no reason to develop a plan to get kids out first as to protect life? You feel they ran an acceptable operation by terminating weavers son and wife?

fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    So the agents had no reason to develop a plan to get kids out first as to protect life? You feel they ran an acceptable operation by terminating weavers son and wife?
    No, they did not run an acceptable operation. They should have been held liable even more than they were. I think at the same time, those who shot at the feds should still be pinned for it. If feds come to arrest my friend because they falsely identify him for instance, I don’t think he should have the right to kill them, avenue of court only

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    No, they did not run an acceptable operation. They should have been held liable even more than they were. I think at the same time, those who shot at the feds should still be pinned for it. If feds come to arrest my friend because they falsely identify him for instance, I don’t think he should have the right to kill them, avenue of court only
    We can agree to disagree on that one. It’s not as common but police can disengage at any time if the public is at risk or in this case women and children are being subjected to the immaturity of others. The fbi was started by a homosexual. A homosexual that engineered his agency to be political. In hindsight, they have done very little law enforcement work that’s been helpful to the public.

So after killing one child in Idaho, I guess they needed to up the score and kill way more in Texas? So if you can see agents should have been held accountable, how does the punishment still fit the crime for the civilians? I mean, if a man goes up against a corrupt agency, gets set up by the batf, gets his son and wife killed by the help of folks just looking for some blood shed; if I was a juror, I’d push for nullification.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Just a little clarification, Randy Weaver and his daughter won judgments against the federal government along with Kevin Harris, and both were exonerated on criminal charges. With the exception of one misdemeanor charge against Randy Weaver.

Also the state of Idaho wanted to pursue murder charges against several federal officers for the murder of Vickie Weaver and Samuel Weaver...

I would recommend reading about Ruby Ridge before passing such quick judgement without knowing what took place.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Just a little clarification, Randy Weaver and his daughter won judgments against the federal government along with Kevin Harris, and both were exonerated on criminal charges. With the exception of one misdemeanor charge against Randy Weaver.

Also the state of Idaho wanted to pursue murder charges against several federal officers for the murder of Vickie Weaver and Samuel Weaver...

I would recommend reading about Ruby Ridge before passing such quick judgement without knowing what took place.

Exactly why when at the time it happened; such unnecessary loss, should jury nullification been applied.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    So you think just because someone wears a badge, that they are immune from being treated like a criminal if they are acting like one?

Anyone breaks into my home in the middle of the night, even if they have a badge, will find their blood and brains painted all over the wall.

Do some reading of "No-Knock" warrants gone bad, and LE officers and homeowners both being killed during the encounter.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Exactly why when at the time it happened; such unnecessary loss, should jury nullification been applied.
    Lon Horiuchi should have stood trial for murder, but AG Janet Reno pretty much gave him immunity for those deaths.

Then at some point later, he was also acting as sniper in the Waco fiasco.

fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    We can agree to disagree on that one. It’s not as common but police can disengage at any time if the public is at risk or in this case women and children are being subjected to the immaturity of others. The fbi was started by a homosexual. A homosexual that engineered his agency to be political. In hindsight, they have done very little law enforcement work that’s been helpful to the public.

So after killing one child in Idaho, I guess they needed to up the score and kill way more in Texas? So if you can see agents should have been held accountable, how does the punishment still fit the crime for the civilians? I mean, if a man goes up against a corrupt agency, gets set up by the batf, gets his son and wife killed by the help of folks just looking for some blood shed; if I was a juror, I’d push for nullification.
    I mean I agree that the family shouldn’t have been pursued to begin with. I just disagree that shooting at the feds was alright. My belief is that their aveneue was the court only

fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex

I don’t think the officers themselves are responsible. The heads of agencies in the bureaucracies and maybe even the scene commanders, should have got prison sentences, but not the average officer

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics