• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    While we are waiting for bdee to gather his w-2 and get back to us, let me explain a personal view of mine.

I believe that those who contribute are worth more( yeah I said it) than those who do not. The welfare brood mares that lay up in the section 8 trailer park breeding with her brothercousins and downloading litter after litter of pointy headed offspring contribute absolutely nothing to society but expect those of us that take the risks and reap the rewards of that risk to see to their needs. They should have no say whatsoever in how tax money that is taken from the rest of us at the point of a gun should be spent.

This includes proposals to raise property taxes. If you rent( or if your rent is being subsidized by the taxpayers) you should get no say at all in deciding if my property taxes should go up to fund an entitlement program.

I AM NOT saying that renters should not be allowed to vote, just not on property tax issues. They have no skin in the game.

Now back to waiting for bdee to get his numbers.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    But aren't renters paying the property tax, just not writing the check to the county?
    If a renter has his rent go up to cover an increase in property taxes, they can simply move at the end of their contract if they decide that the increase is too much. If you have a mortgage, or own your home outright you have been left holding the bag.

No no skin in the game, I said it and I will stand by it.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    If a renter has his rent go up to cover an increase in property taxes, they can simply move at the end of their contract if they decide that the increase is too much. If you have a mortgage, or own your home outright you have been left holding the bag.

No no skin in the game, I said it and I will stand by it.

OK, I see your point. Fair enough.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    BDee, just ball park it if you don't know to the penny.( although when I am robbed at gunpoint every April 15, I know how much is taken, to the penny)

I really do want to continue this discussion, but only if you participate.
    Between federal, state taxes (I was in Georgia), sales taxes, property taxes, and other "fees" by various governmental agencies, more than half of my income went back to some governmental agency.

As for federal I was in the 25% tax bracket.
    http://www.efile.com/tax-service/tax-calculator/tax-brackets/

But I doubt this is all that useful, nor is it actually any of your business. I don't ask people their weight, women's their bra size, or even if they like scrambled or fried eggs. It is just plain rude.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It is not so much about who paid the most, but who actually pays anything at all. I paid almost as much in 2014 as I grossed in my last year as a public servant.

I have held the "hateful libertarian views " I mentioned in the previous post even when I was a renter( which was my entire life until 15 years ago) and lived paycheck to paycheck.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Between federal, state taxes (I was in Georgia), sales taxes, property taxes, and other "fees" by various governmental agencies, more than half of my income went back to some governmental agency.

As for federal I was in the 25% tax bracket.
    http://www.efile.com/tax-service/tax-calculator/tax-brackets/

But I doubt this is all that useful, nor is it actually any of your business. I don't ask people their weight, women's their bra size, or even if they like scrambled or fried eggs.
    Do you feel like your money was put to good and responsible use?

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Do you feel like your money was put to good and responsible use?
    No, but elections have consequences. The majority of voters got exactly what they wanted. People in this country want bigger government, not smaller. They vote on politicians based on what they will do for them, and that necessarily encourages politicians to 'do' stuff.

But no I don't think we need to be paying for 51% of the world's military budget. I think states are better capable of handling education. I think if we charged a 20% flat tax on individuals and businesses with absolutely no deductions, we could get rid of the IRS. I have more, but I am not in the mood to write a manifesto.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yet you seem to espouse that the minority who pay into the system should be responsible for the majority who take from it. I will tell you what percentage of my labor should go to the brood mares. Zero.
    Dan already answered about roads as well as I could ever hope to.

As to knowing what is on the label of what you are eating. Get real. That does not happen now or the amounts of acceptable bug and rodent parts would be on the label. Or what is in the pink slime at fast food places.

Knowing if a shitbag company is dumping toxic sludge in the drinking water, again, get real. Fluoride anyone( and no, my tin foil is not wound too tight, it is a toxin)

Bad guys are already on our shore. Seems like the taxes are going to further the erosion of our rights more than doing anything to protect them. The 2nd Amendment was written with "bad guys on our shore" in mind.

As to having emergency surgery, that responsibility is mine and mine alone. Nowhere in the Constitution does immediate medical care get even hinted at.

I do agree with a 20% tax on every new product you purchase, but before that could work the IRS would need to be dismantled and abolished.

I am the one who risks my SCBA having a leak and sucking in a lungful of H2S and dying an agonizing but quick death.
    I am the one that risks kidnapping by terrorists on my way to and from work, or having a "fishing" boat take down the chopper I am in on my way to and from the rig with a rocket.

I am the one who takes 100% of the risk involved in providing a better life for my family, and I'll be damned if I will ever believe that some sign flying drunk at an intersection will ever deserve even .0000000000001% of my labors.

Not.One.Cent.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Back to that risk/reward thing, anyone from the lunch crowd, or anyone else want to tell bdee what job I left to do what I do now, and who my employer was.

A hint, it was a job that would have been very hard to lose, and I loved almost everything about it.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Back to that risk/reward thing, anyone from the lunch crowd, or anyone else want to tell bdee what job I left to do what I do now, and who my employer was.

A hint, it was a job that would have been very hard to lose, and I loved almost everything about it.

Tangential: I paid about as much in taxes last year as I made as a rookie police officer in a smallish town (8,000 folks?), give or take (base salary, not including OT, extra jobs, etc.).

What it REALLY means is my wife STARTS in the 28% tax bracket for any work she does. Depending on how successful she is in a year, we might hit the 33% bracket together. Yippee!

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Yet you seem to espouse that the minority who pay into the system should be responsible for the majority who take from it.
    The thing is, those that get welfare receive bread crumbs compared with the benefits some of our wealthiest citizens receive.

In terms of farm subsidies, getting paid to NOT farm, how is that not welfare? Corporate agriculture has driven out the majority of family farms, so these corporations are collecting massive amounts of welfare. More, in fact, than all of the ebt cards combined.

You talk about these brood mares, so as to dehumanize them, yet all the money they get dwarves in comparison to the direct subsidies, not tax breaks, actual cash payments. that corporations receive.
    http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/corporate-welfare-federal-budget

So rethink who you direct your anger at.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    So what you're saying is that government intervened to artificially drive down food prices so they dont get called out on the dollar value and FED activity?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-of-earners-pay-84-of-income-tax-1428674384

Add to that 45% of the US pays no taxes.

I was going to keep this civil bdee,but if you want to get snarky and play " let's see who can be the biggest asshole" well, you will lose.

Oh, the bottom feeders should get the same thing percentage wise as the farm subsidies.
    . Zero

But you are obfuscating. The question you posed had nothing to do with corporate welfare. Stay on topic( the topic you originally brought up)

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Scott mentioned the original article was poorly written. Here is another one...not saying it is better.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/48163325-story

People say "oh they just have to switch plans they still have a choice" but gov has no business forcing you to make a choice in the private market and then limiting your choices with regulations. I'd argue this is particularly true in a product like healthcare.

Imagine if gov drove Ford out of business but then their retort is "what is the problem? You can choose a Dodge or Chevy still" and on top of that they increase the price on the Dodge and Chevy.

Hillary wins this thing... she doubles down on this madness.

Top Bottom