H Read first time 02/18/2013 394
    H Filed 01/24/2013

doncom

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Marble Falls, TX
    I have no idea what this says.

After a bill is filed, it is read and referred to a committee. If it is voted out of committee, it is read the second time on the floor and then is finally adopted on the third reading. The above is the trail of the bill. Lots of other stuff usually happens, but this is the simple process.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    After a bill is filed, it is read and referred to a committee. If it is voted out of committee, it is read the second time on the floor and then is finally adopted on the third reading. The above is the trail of the bill. Lots of other stuff usually happens, but this is the simple process.

Let me rephrase. On tapatalk, the formatting is such that I can't tell what this is.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361246457.330710.jpg

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Well the speaker was wily tonight, I never saw him among the general public at the dinner. I did however talk to a few other reps about keeping the speakers feet to the fire about getting these bills acted upon...

Zekester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Uvalde
    Bill had it's first reading and was referred to the Homeland Security and Public Safety...2-18

Chair: Rep. Joseph Pickett
    Vice Chair: Rep. Allen Fletcher
    Members: Rep. Philip Cortez
    Rep. Tony Dale
    Rep. Dan Flynn
    Rep. Tim Kleinschmidt
    Rep. George Lavender
    Rep. Kenneth Sheets
    Rep. Ron Simmons

They have 53 bills as of now....alot to do with firearms.....look them over and write your emails!!

Okiebryan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Since I'm not plugged in to the legislative process in Texas, I'm wondering if you could list the email addresses of the members of this committee? I have some information and words I'd like to send them about open carry.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Here you go. You can click on whoever you want to write and send them an email.

Texas House of Representatives : House Members

I will make one other comment from the Reagan dinner the other night. Speaker Strauss was not very available to talk too, but the Chairman of the Wilco Repub party (a good friend of mine) got a jab in for us. After the speaker got done speaking he was presented with a window sticker as a thanks. The speaker didn't seem impressed but a bunch of us in the crowd got a kick out of the look on his face.

Notice_Firearms_Welcome.jpg

Zekester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Uvalde
    What I wrote....

02-21-2013

To: Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee Chairman and Members

Ref: HB700

Dear Committee,

As a Texan, a registered voter and a staunch advocate of the 2nd Amendment of the US constitution, it surprises me that the State of Texas is one of only a few States that does not allow some form of Open Carry.

Texas is currently in the same class as California, Illinois and Washington D.C. I find this appalling and disrespectful to the great citizens of Texas, who since 1836 have prided ourselves in the fact that we are Texans and knowing without the use of firearms, Texas would not be a State today.

Although I support HB700, the fact that we must have a “license” to exercise our rights as Texans and as American Citizens is contrary to the 2nd Amendment as it was conceived by our forefathers, and Sam Houston, who were smart enough to realize that the carrying of arms was essential to the freedom of this state and our country. Imagine if Colonel Travis was only able to have men who had a concealed carry permit to come to the aid of the Alamo. Did all these brave men die in vain?

Why does the Government tax law abiding citizens for a right granted by GOD and confirmed by the Constitution of the United States? We license vehicles because it is clearly a privilege, not a right. We do not tax newspapers for their right to print any and all things, true or not, because it is their right to do so.

I think HB700 is a flawed bill, but I do ask that you support HB700 and move it through your committee as soon as feasibly possible. It is not the perfect bill, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

I thank you for your time and your service to the great State of Texas.

I respectfully request you reply to this e-mail to inform me on your intentions in regards to HB700.

Zekester

Zekester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Uvalde
    What I got from Rep Lavender

Dear Mr. Zekester –

Thank you for contacting the House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety on HB 700.

Rep. Lavender appreciates your support for his open carry legislation. We agree that our bill doesn’t fix the problem but we believe that it takes us one step closer to what we inevitably want.

Continue to speak out on this issue.

Best regards,

Noah Gilliam

Legislative Director

Rep. George Lavender

Texas House District 1

noah.gilliam@house.state.tx.us

Capitol Office

Capitol Extension - E2.606

512.463.0692 phone

512.463.0902 fax

District Office

2600 Robison Rd., Ste. 190

Texarkana, Texas 75505

(Located on the Texarkana College

Campus in the Texas A & M - Aikin Bldg.)

903.791.0386 phone

903.791.0384 fax

Zekester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Uvalde
    Here you go. You can click on whoever you want to write and send them an email.

Texas House of Representatives : House Members

I will make one other comment from the Reagan dinner the other night. Speaker Strauss was not very available to talk too, but the Chairman of the Wilco Repub party (a good friend of mine) got a jab in for us. After the speaker got done speaking he was presented with a window sticker as a thanks. The speaker didn't seem impressed but a bunch of us in the crowd got a kick out of the look on his face.

View attachment 19020

I have that sticker on my place of business!!!!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What I wrote....

02-21-2013

To: Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee Chairman and Members

Ref: HB700

Dear Committee,

As a Texan, a registered voter and a staunch advocate of the 2nd Amendment of the US constitution, it surprises me that the State of Texas is one of only a few States that does not allow some form of Open Carry.

Texas is currently in the same class as California, Illinois and Washington D.C. I find this appalling and disrespectful to the great citizens of Texas, who since 1836 have prided ourselves in the fact that we are Texans and knowing without the use of firearms, Texas would not be a State today.

Although I support HB700, the fact that we must have a “license” to exercise our rights as Texans and as American Citizens is contrary to the 2nd Amendment as it was conceived by our forefathers, and Sam Houston, who were smart enough to realize that the carrying of arms was essential to the freedom of this state and our country. Imagine if Colonel Travis was only able to have men who had a concealed carry permit to come to the aid of the Alamo. Did all these brave men die in vain?

Why does the Government tax law abiding citizens for a right granted by GOD and confirmed by the Constitution of the United States? We license vehicles because it is clearly a privilege, not a right. We do not tax newspapers for their right to print any and all things, true or not, because it is their right to do so.

I think HB700 is a flawed bill, but I do ask that you support HB700 and move it through your committee as soon as feasibly possible. It is not the perfect bill, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

I thank you for your time and your service to the great State of Texas.

I respectfully request you reply to this e-mail to inform me on your intentions in regards to HB700.

Zekester

Your letter has a mistake. Texas allows several forms of open carry.

If we are going to argue for open carry we need to have our facts straight, or present them correctly.

Top Bottom