• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Yes, I want this also. Not that I'd carry openly normally, but I certainly believe I have the right to do so.

Also, my handgun is full-sized and fairly hard to conceal. I might run into some jackass cop who spots it and will claim I wasn't really trying to conceal it.
    Legal open carry will take care of those situations.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Humm, under the bill a person can only open carry if licensed, and if carrying unconcealed, the handgun must be in a shoulder or belt holster with two levels of retention.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yes, I want this also. Not that I'd carry openly normally, but I certainly believe I have the right to do so.

Also, my handgun is full-sized and fairly hard to conceal. I might run into some jackass cop who spots it and will claim I wasn't really trying to conceal it.
    Legal open carry will take care of those situations.

Some jackass citizens really don't try to conceal.

Open carry only helps you if you carry a level 2 holster. The majority of IWB holsters don't have that.

warmachine77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    United States
    I hope your on the fence about if you would open carry if passed. Not on the fence on if you feel like everyone should agree with your position on our rights?

Personally i'm on the fence about open carrying myself, if someone else wants to open carry if it passes i have no problem with it.

Last edited:

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Humm, under the bill a person can only open carry if licensed, and if carrying concealed, the handgun must be in a shoulder or belt holster with two levels of retention.
    Yes, I have a CHL. But what's this about concealed carry? What about small pistols in pocket holsters? What about ankle holsters? And what's this about two levels of retention? I didn't see that in the text when I searched.

EDIT - I think you meant if carried openly it must be in a shoulder or belt holster, right?

warmachine77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    United States
    Yes, I have a CHL. But what's this about concealed carry? What about small pistols in pocket holsters? What about ankle holsters? And what's this about two levels of retention? I didn't see that in the text when I searched.

EDIT - I think you meant if carried openly it must be in a shoulder or belt holster, right?

Top of page 10

(8)AA"Unconcealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded
    handgun carried upon the person in a shoulder or belt holster with
    at least dual points of resistance that is wholly or partially
    visible.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Yeah, fixed my words.

Top Bottom