• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    This thread is worse than Beto O'Rourke.

<>

‘’Beto’’ was/is a total FAKE.

Sad that Beto was the best the TXoc’RATS could come up with. . . . TWICE !

But, like’em or not, both .30SC & GLOCK are very real.

Also sad that this entire thread, which was borne of a real question as to .30SC vs) .380/9mmK, was another waste. Turned into a long joke.

We are all growing older. We see & hear many folks on here downsizing from .45ACP to 9mmPB.

Some of us are even older & less able; so are considering what next after 9mm. Or, post .357.

We have long heard that .25ACP & .32ACP are inadequate for personal defense, and agree.

But, the .380/9mmK has always been a gray zone, even after decades of improvements in bullets, propellants, weapons, etc.

I have personally cared for very serious, life threatening and certainly DISABLING/INCAPACITATING, injuries from a single well-placed center-mass .380 bullet.

Could we have a non-comical discussion of 30SC vs) .380ACP/9mmK ? With data & opinions from actual users, not companies trying to sell their “improved cartridges” ?

My PPKS has slept long & hard; she wants to go-out again.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    <>

‘’Beto’’ was/is a total FAKE.

Sad that Beto was the best the TXoc’RATS could come up with. . . . TWICE !

But, like’em or not, both .30SC & GLOCK are very real.

Also sad that this entire thread, which was borne of a real question as to .30SC vs) .380/9mmK, was another waste. Turned into a long joke.

We are all growing older. We see & hear many folks on here downsizing from .45ACP to 9mmPB.

Some of us are even older & less able; so are considering what next after 9mm. Or, post .357.

We have long heard that .25ACP & .32ACP are inadequate for personal defense, and agree.

But, the .380/9mmK has always been a gray zone, even after decades of improvements in bullets, propellants, weapons, etc.

I have personally cared for very serious, life threatening and certainly DISABLING/INCAPACITATING, injuries from a single well-placed center-mass .380 bullet.

Could we have a non-comical discussion of 30SC vs) .380ACP/9mmK ? With data & opinions from actual users, not companies trying to sell their “improved cartridges” ?

My PPKS has slept long & hard; she wants to go-out again.

leVieux

<>

The issue with. 30SC is that it tried to compete with 9mmP instead of. 380ACP, making a cartridge that recoils as much as 9mmP without the ballistic or economic advantages. Had they throttled .30SC down to a round that recoiled less than .380ACP but with similar or better ballistics and capacity (like a .32ACP Ultra), then it would be a great success.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    They were popular back in Illinois to make major power factor in competition.
    Personal pet peeve, that. In the beginning, 9mm made major in IPSC. All you needed was plenty of Blue Dot and a willingness to load the book max (which might have been too much for some pistols but definitely not all).

Then the asshats who prayed at the altar of the .45 ACP made any rule changes it took to keep 9mm out of major. They just couldn't stand the idea of their little game taking the 9mm seriously since they'd spent their lives belittling it.

Asshats.

The same goes for any shooting game rule makers who make it impossible to make progress by gaming the rules. Whether it's the NRA's "spirit of the rules" or the "failure to engage" or "failure to do right" rules employed by various other shooting sports, any shooting sport whose rules make it illegal for competitors to be smarter than the people who wrote the rules is garbage...at least a little.

Hell, in my beloved silhouette shooting, Elgin Gates didn't hesitate to break his own rules to enforce his own prejudices, i.e. he hated European pistols and made it almost impossible to use any in production class.

I seriously hate when sport officials use the rules to protect their own egos and not for the betterment of the sport.

Sorry for the rant.

Like I said - personal pet peeve.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Personal pet peeve, that. In the beginning, 9mm made major in IPSC. All you needed was plenty of Blue Dot and a willingness to load the book max (which might have been too much for some pistols but definitely not all).

Then the asshats who prayed at the altar of the .45 ACP made any rule changes it took to keep 9mm out of major. They just couldn't stand the idea of their little game taking the 9mm seriously since they'd spent their lives belittling it.

Asshats.

The same goes for any shooting game rule makers who make it impossible to make progress by gaming the rules. Whether it's the NRA's "spirit of the rules" or the "failure to engage" or "failure to do right" rules employed by various other shooting sports, any shooting sport whose rules make it illegal for competitors to be smarter than the people who wrote the rules is garbage...at least a little.

Hell, in my beloved silhouette shooting, Elgin Gates didn't hesitate to break his own rules to enforce his own prejudices, i.e. he hated European pistols and made it almost impossible to use any in production class.

I seriously hate when sport officials use the rules to protect their own egos and not for the betterment of the sport.

Sorry for the rant.

Like I said - personal pet peeve.
    Not to further drag this into 9 vs 45 territory.. but I WANTED to be a 45 guy. Then, competition and experience taught me that I'm really a 9mm guy. The way I see it, the more the better..

Top Bottom