21 "drawbacks" of moving to Texas that people regret after relocating.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Before I lived in Central Texas, I was doing my time in Illinois in the Missisipi River Valley where the humidity has no to place to escape. Summers were not as long as here, but any sissy complaining about the heat in Texas, needs to spend a week in August where I was.
    1724705001998.png

I came from the same place, to the same(ish) place. When I explain the Central TX climate to those back in the cornfields, I tell them to imagine the hottest day of the year in IL and then extend it to last 3-4 months straight. Not only that but how it doesn't cool down to the low 60's, even 50's, at night. We've been here long enough to not even mention the weather, it is what it is.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Let’s not forget the constant crying about:
    - not enough Indian ( dot, not feather) restaurants
    - not enough queer bars
    - not enough rave parties
    - no satanic churches
    - too much Christian music in public places

The above are all frequent whines on the Tyler, TX Reddit subforum. Of course, Reddit is ground zero for libs, but I have seen the Tyler subreddit turn 180 degrees in the last 5 years. The number of queers and commies moving to East Texas is ridiculous.

DustyDuds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Fort Worth
    I do take issue with the school taxes. I just don’t feel like I’m getting my moneys worth. I don’t have any kids, but I have a niece and I had to tutor her, (because her parents were too busy trying to earn a living) throughout her high school years due to her teachers being worthless, absolutely worthless. Some people blame it on Covid; I just don’t see the schools focusing on the basics. I’m done with my rant.

Oh one more thing, the Texas “rainy day fund” is theft from the taxpayer, plain and simple. Government should be running on a budget no more and no less than they need.

OK, now I’m done.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The number of queers and commies moving to East Texas is ridiculous.

and this right here is the paradox I can't figure.
    Every day there are moans and wails and hair pulling about how backward Texas is. A land of cactus, heat, and neanderthals.
    Nobody wants to live there.
    Yet, here the progressives are.
    I'm reminded of the scene in ZULU when Colour Sgt. Bourne warns his officers, "Sentries report Zulu to the southeast Sir. Thousands of'em."
    If its so horrible here, then why are you here? No one invited you.
    And referring to Colour Sgt. Bourne again, Look to your front! Mark your target as it comes.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I think they are referring to access to baby murder services

<>

Sorry, I didn't think of that.

I still can’t get how killing an innocent is viewed by some as “Health Care”.

I delivered over 550 live babies & didn’t kill a one of them.

I ask “abortion-on-demand” proponents whether their Moms should have aborted them ? Crickets. . . . . . .

<>

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    <>

Sorry, I didn't think of that.

I still can’t get how killing an innocent is viewed by some as “Health Care”.

I delivered over 550 live babies & didn’t kill a one of them.

I ask “abortion-on-demand” proponents whether their Moms should have aborted them ? Crickets. . . . . . .

<>
    I cant imagine what my European ancestors went through for me to be alive today... Plague, famine, warfare, high infant mortality rate, etc. And these whores today are willing to sacrifice their babies for the convenience of sleeping around like a two buck hooker.

I really feel that if you sever a person from their roots and have them turn their back on God, you can then finally convince them to murder their own children.. As a father I can't think of anything more heinous

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Hey, here's an idea. When the whiners decide to leave this horrible state to go back to some blue utopian sanctuary state, they can take a carload of illegals with them. Think of it as carpooling. It's good for the environment, and it's probably the only thing they will ever do for the common good of Texans.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    8.) Limited Cultrual Diversity in rural areas.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. I'm in an extremely rural area in NE Texas. Out among the cows and cotton fields. I live outside three different tiny towns - towns so small they don't list the population on the signs. We've got a HUGE hispanic population, black families who've been here for multiple generations, the local donut shop is owned by a great Cambodian family, the local mom-and-pop store was owned by a family from Nepal before they sold it to a hispanic family last year, my son and his gf hang out with a Japanese girl he graduated with...

But hey, I guess it's just not culturally diverse here because we don't have...I dunno...Egyptians?

Also, it's not uncommon to see a redneck get out of his pickup with Confederate battle flag stickers on the bumper, walk over to a black guy, and start catching up because they haven't seen each other in a couple of weeks.

Where I grew up was very much the same in the 80s. Hispanics, blacks, whites, Cambodians, Koreans, you name it. We all got along.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The overall State taxation levels in the Gulf Coast States where I’ve lived totaled about the same. Texas & Florida have no state income tax; but FL has big sales taxes, TX has high property taxes, while LA has State income tax, but lower property taxes; so the burden seems about the same in all 3.

New Mexico has its malicious ‘’gross receipts’’ tax under which small businesses with low incomes, or even overall business LOSSES, still must pay high State taxes.

<>

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    <>

The overall State taxation levels in the Gulf Coast States where I’ve lived totaled about the same. Texas & Florida have no state income tax; but FL has big sales taxes, TX has high property taxes, while LA has State income tax, but lower property taxes; so the burden seems about the same in all 3.

New Mexico has its malicious ‘’gross receipts’’ tax under which small businesses with low incomes, or even overall business LOSSES, still must pay high State taxes.

<>
    Talk about high property tax try living on LI, NY.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Let’s not forget the constant crying about:
    - not enough Indian ( dot, not feather) restaurants
    - not enough queer bars
    - not enough rave parties
    - no satanic churches
    - too much Christian music in public places

Don't forget too much country music, too.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    8.) Limited Cultrual Diversity in rural areas.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. I'm in an extremely rural area in NE Texas. Out among the cows and cotton fields. I live outside three different tiny towns - towns so small they don't list the population on the signs. We've got a HUGE hispanic population, black families who've been here for multiple generations, the local donut shop is owned by a great Cambodian family, the local mom-and-pop store was owned by a family from Nepal before they sold it to a hispanic family last year, my son and his gf hang out with a Japanese girl he graduated with...

But hey, I guess it's just not culturally diverse here because we don't have...I dunno...Egyptians?

Also, it's not uncommon to see a redneck get out of his pickup with Confederate battle flag stickers on the bumper, walk over to a black guy, and start catching up because they haven't seen each other in a couple of weeks.

Where I grew up was very much the same in the 80s. Hispanics, blacks, whites, Cambodians, Koreans, you name it. We all got along.
    These idiots have no idea what rural life is. I grew up in a rural Northern California area in a town of 60 people where the country seat had a population of 10,000. In my town there was one family of Mexican descent, no blacks or Asians. I moved later to another rural county and went to a high school with 200 students. There were no blacks and two Japanese families who had farmed there for 50 years.

Rural means that the basic industries are farming and ranching. Other than that, there are limited attractions for folks who do not come from those backrounds. I don't care if you live in Henderson County, TX or Colusa County, CA; you will not find what the idiots consider "diverse". They want every town to have a population divided up into 15% segments which shows how ignorant they are.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    These idiots have no idea what rural life is. I grew up in a rural Northern California area in a town of 60 people where the country seat had a population of 10,000. In my town there was one family of Mexican descent, no blacks or Asians. I moved later to another rural county and went to a high school with 200 students. There were no blacks and two Japanese families who had farmed there for 50 years.

Rural means that the basic industries are farming and ranching. Other than that, there are limited attractions for folks who do not come from those backrounds. I don't care if you live in Henderson County, TX or Colusa County, CA; you will not find what the idiots consider "diverse". They want every town to have a population divided up into 15% segments which shows how ignorant they are.

<>

During my decades in academia, I often attracted ire & enmity of career academics when I responded their demands for “diversity” by demanding we have some DIVERSITY of OPINION first.

“Diversity of Opinion” is their Kryptonite or garlic festooned crucifix.

They cannot even recognize their own mandatory group think.

I’d much prefer to live in a World without professors than without farmers, plumbers, & truck drivers !

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom