21 "drawbacks" of moving to Texas that people regret after relocating.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    These idiots have no idea what rural life is. I grew up in a rural Northern California area in a town of 60 people where the country seat had a population of 10,000. In my town there was one family of Mexican descent, no blacks or Asians. I moved later to another rural county and went to a high school with 200 students. There were no blacks and two Japanese families who had farmed there for 50 years.

Rural means that the basic industries are farming and ranching. Other than that, there are limited attractions for folks who do not come from those backrounds. I don't care if you live in Henderson County, TX or Colusa County, CA; you will not find what the idiots consider "diverse". They want every town to have a population divided up into 15% segments which shows how ignorant they are.

<:>

You forgot Chicken Watching while Beer Drinking.

<>

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    da73596dc27120a1d76613c4303d558a.jpg

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I can't tell you how many recent transplants have asked, "We're new here, where do we sign up for benefits?"

They run their air conditioners at 68 degrees and complain the house isn't staying that cool and how high the bill is. Hey, stupid, run it at 78 like you should and not only will your bill be a LOT lower, you'll get acclimated and it won't feel so hot!

A lot of them do leave, there are several Facebook groups to assist them returning back where they came from. Hell, there's even Realtors that specialize in helping alphabet people and such leave...

Eli

Last edited:

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    We have a very large turn around in are area as well. Mostly Californians but a few other states too New York comes up alot.
    Even if it's work related what the phuq is an East coaster expecting to find here?

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We have a very large turn around in are area as well. Mostly Californians but a few other states too New York comes up alot.
    Even if it's work related what the phuq is an East coaster expecting to find here?
    I found a woman, she was why moved to TX. Dated in 1969, hadn't seen each other for 31 years. Came out to visit, married in 2003.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I found a woman, she was why moved to TX. Dated in 1969, hadn't seen each other for 31 years. Came out to visit, married in 2003.
    You came for a life with a woman whole different ballgame then 99% of the others. They come to attempt to save $$$$ problem is they don't know how to do it anways so they get low and bail before going broke.
    Now they're just gonna be broke elsewhere because they have to start all over.

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    and this right here is the paradox I can't figure.
    Every day there are moans and wails and hair pulling about how backward Texas is. A land of cactus, heat, and neanderthals.
    Nobody wants to live there.
    Yet, here the progressives are.
    I'm reminded of the scene in ZULU when Colour Sgt. Bourne warns his officers, "Sentries report Zulu to the southeast Sir. Thousands of'em."
    If its so horrible here, then why are you here? No one invited you.
    And referring to Colour Sgt. Bourne again, Look to your front! Mark your target as it comes.
    The 24th Regiment of Foot (The South Wales Borderers) was the Regt one of my grandpas served in.

bagman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Texas
    Saw this article about refugees moaning & wailing about Texas.

Let's discuss.

1.) Intense heat.
    Oh for crying out loud. Do you stupid fvcks never do one ounce of research before you move somewhere? Like Texas in the summer just suddenly became hot for the first time today? Shut up about it already. We know.

2.) Property taxes.
    Yep. They're here. Get used to it. Pay up. Again, do you locusts never research anything before you move here? This also plays into many of the later gripes.

3.) Traffic congestion.
    LMMFAO - it wasn't so bad before all you locusts moved here. But hey lets throw eleventymillion cars onto roads that were built in the 1980's for a much lower population.

4.) Allergens.
    Allergens? LOL. These so called allergens effect locusts that spend 99% of their time cooped up in the A/C? My heart bleeds.
    I grew up in the cedar country. Never heard of them.

5.) Water scarcity.
    Here we go again. Water didn't seem to be an issue until eleventymillion locusts moved to Texas. Watering that carpet grass gets pricey don't it?

6.) Distance between Cities.
    Distance between cities? Well no sh*t you dumbashes. Who knew it was 800 miles from El Paso to Orange or 250 from Houston to Dallas. This information just appeared overnight on maps and sh*t. Somebody needs to move Corpus closer to Fort Worth.

7.) Political Climate.
    Basically it isn't libtard friendly so lets b*tch about it. Whaaaaaa. Then why did you move here? Because your former home got fouled with libtard cr@p?
    Naaaaaa couldn't be that. So lets change your new home into the exact mess you ran away from.

8.) Limited Cultrual Diversity in rural areas.
    Oh come the fluck on. Move into a teeny tiny farm town and b*tch about it not looking like the sidewalk in downtown San Francisco? Go ahead. I won't wait.
    You can't be THAT dumb. Oh wait.

9.) Natural Disasters.
    These things happen. Even to liberals. Tornados, hurricanes, Heat, etc. Better not do any research that might educate or prepare you for these absolutely unheard of occurrences. Save yourselves! Run. Run! Run far away! Maybe to New York. I hear its cooler there.
    Coloardo and California do not have natural disasters. Ever. There has never been an earthquake, mud slide, Blizzard, wildfire, or flood there.

10.) Education System Challenges.
    In other words I can't send my precious snowflake to a top notch school for free. Hey locusts, see b*tch #2. If little Susie Snowflake needs a better school send her to private school. Oh thats right, somebody ELSE needs to foot that bill.

11.) Job Market Fluctuations.
    Oil field has always been boom or bust. Learn to code. Oh wait.
    You want me to actually get my hands dirty? Are you insane?
    No factory has ever been closed in Michigan.

12.) Health Care Accessibility.
    I don't know about you folks but I can get to a doctor. It just takes a little effort. Like one or two phone calls. Do people really have that much difficulty finding medical care? No, it ain't free or down around the corner.

13.) Housing Market Boom.
    Gee here we are again. It wasn't like that before eleventymillion locusts decided to move here driving up cost and taxes. and we're back to b*tch #2.

14.) Social Services Limitations
    Where are my FREE social services? Waaaaaaa. They're out there. Quite a few actually. Just takes some research to find them. Funny how these things always rotate back to b*tch #2.

15.) Cultural Adjustment
    Basically the locusts don't like the Texan Pride thing. It makes them feel like outsiders. Grow up ya pansies. Join the team or go home.

16.) Enviromental Regulations.
    Locusts unhappy with the LACK of environmental regulations. I guess when Bubba next door poured waste oil from the brodozer driveway oil change along Karen's side fence to kill the weeds she wet herself. According to Karen there are areas in Texas that rival the PRC in pollution levels. Somebody needs to do something!

17.) Crime rates.
    Texas is the only place in the world with crime now. Liberal Utopias like NYC, San Francisco, Saint Louis, and Minneapolis have no crime at all.
    But hey lets keep voting blue and it will get better.

18.) Lack of Public Transportation
    Here we go again. This takes money. Public money. Paid for by taxes. So let's raise your taxes again to pay for that $87billion light rail line from MLK drive out to Karens's gated suburban neighborhood. Who would be against that?
    Besides we Texans LIKE our car and trucks. We ain't gonna use that cr@p.

19.) Seasonal Allure
    WTF is this. More whining that outdoor events don't happen as often as they do during the spring and fall. See b*tch #1 ya wimps. Or go ahead and have your marathon in August. See how many show up.

20.) Invasive Species
    Evidently Karen Locust does not approve of wild hogs tearing up her perfectly manicured lawn. SOMEBODY needs to do something! For free. Without hurting the animals.
    and those terrible fire ants! See b*tch #16. You can't put that poison out! Somebody think of the children! God forbid they drink out of the garden hose or anything.

21.) Retirement Considerations
    More moaning and crying about climate, healthcare, transportation, etc. Once again a little research might have learned ya something. Or just keep raising those taxes on everybody to pay for the free sh*t. Zing! we're right back to #2.

All of you should move out of Texas today! Save yourselves!
    AMEN BROTHER!!!! Don't need 'em, Can't stand 'em, and CAN'T AFFORD THEM locusts......

CaptHowdy

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Houston
    ERR,

12.) Health Care Accessibility.
    I don't know about you folks but I can get to a doctor. It just takes a little effort. Like one or two phone calls. Do people really have that much difficulty finding medical care? No, it ain't free or down around the corner.

TEXAS has the Word’s premier health care facilities right in TEXAS MEDICAL CENTER, bar none !
    Amen to that! I'm alive today because of the doctors in Houston.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I hope the media spreads the word far and wide that Texas is terrible so that people won’t move here. Hopefully their readers will tell their friends.

I do kind of laugh when people complain about property taxes though. We have no income tax, our tax burden at the state/local level is lower than most of the country.

Top Bottom