21 "drawbacks" of moving to Texas that people regret after relocating.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

During my years in South Texas’ Coastal Bend & RGV, i encountered many who had been sent there by large company careers or government/military.

During their first year or so, they’d complain endlessly about lack of urban services, ‘’direct’’ flights, heat, few Italian restaurants, & hurricanes.

But, when it came time to get transferred out a few years later; they’d do anything to stay. Even abandon their careers.

<>

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    <>

During my years in South Texas’ Coastal Bend & RGV, i encountered many who had been sent there by large company careers or government/military.

During their first year or so, they’d complain endlessly about lack of urban services, ‘’direct’’ flights, heat, few Italian restaurants, & hurricanes.

But, when it came time to get transferred out a few years later; they’d do anything to stay. Even abandon their careers.

<>
    Mon vieux, arrêter ca.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    8.) Limited Cultrual Diversity in rural areas.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. I'm in an extremely rural area in NE Texas. Out among the cows and cotton fields. I live outside three different tiny towns - towns so small they don't list the population on the signs. We've got a HUGE hispanic population, black families who've been here for multiple generations, the local donut shop is owned by a great Cambodian family, the local mom-and-pop store was owned by a family from Nepal before they sold it to a hispanic family last year, my son and his gf hang out with a Japanese girl he graduated with...

But hey, I guess it's just not culturally diverse here because we don't have...I dunno...Egyptians?

Also, it's not uncommon to see a redneck get out of his pickup with Confederate battle flag stickers on the bumper, walk over to a black guy, and start catching up because they haven't seen each other in a couple of weeks.

Where I grew up was very much the same in the 80s. Hispanics, blacks, whites, Cambodians, Koreans, you name it. We all got along.
    What they mean by cultural diversity isn’t diversity...

They want to take a actually diverse population and create a monoculture. Like taking your plate of food and putting it in a blender so you can drink it through a straw and calling it "diverse".

The diversity they want lacks all uniqueness, except in depravity.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Let’s hope that article catches on and spreads like wildfire. The more folks who think twice about moving here the better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Let’s hope that article catches on and spreads like wildfire. The more folks who think twice about moving here the better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully some who have come here will realize their mistake and leave for other parts.

Top Bottom