• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'd forgotten he was married to Marlo Thomas.

One of the most beautiful women ever! They have been married since 1980!

However, it appears she had a lot of work done on her later in life. I know she's 86, but that's not natural aging we're seeing...

1724089617294.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    While I didn't agree with him on much of anything, I was always grateful to the Phil Donahue show for teaching me not to believe experts talking on TV.

I was watching Donahue and there was a representative of the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, at the time a relatively new organization, being interviewed. He said, with a straight face, that 50,000 children go missing every year. Everyone in the audience did their duty, acted shocked, and then got scared. (CMEC, now the National CMEC, is a story all on its own and OT here.)

I remember thinking that something didn't sound right. 50,000? In high school history we had talked about the number of casualties in Vietnam. It was around 50,000. Every family I knew had someone killed or wounded in Vietnam.

But missing kids? I didn't know anybody who had a kid missing. Something seemed off. Way off. Based on my experience, if there were that many missing kids every year, the entire USA should grind to a halt. Nobody would go to work or school. Everybody would be out looking for missing children related to them!

A full analysis of that stat is also OT here but the interview did what it was supposed to do; it scared people. And we all know how the media and bad actors can monetize fear.

It also taught me a valuable lesson; just because someone is on TV doesn't mean they know what they're talking about or telling the truth. (Yeah, I was pretty naive at the time.)

I know it wasn't your aim to teach me that, Phil, but thanks, anyway.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Dr, Phil graduated from my HS district, never thought much of him. Yea, Thomas stopped ads for the research center yrs ago. Another one is Maria, whats-her-name singer.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    One of the most beautiful women ever! They have been married since 1980!

However, it appears she had a lot of work done on her later in life. I know she's 86, but that's not natural aging we're seeing...

View attachment 468999

Just happened to be on an episode of "Friends", this is from 2002.

20240819_134402.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A woman who grows old gracefully can become an icon of mature beauty. She had that potential.

So many folks can't accept that truth, though, and it's a real shame.

NOTICE: The image of Helen Mirren below is not an indication of her passing!

Helen Mirren is an excellent example of a woman growing old gracefully! She is still the goddess she's been over the years!

1724108607629.png

Top Bottom