• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Wonder if they gave the relatives the chance to come secure the stuff.

Looks like LAPD has beat the crap out of the guns, piling them up for photo op. Hope the heirs get a good lawyer.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Which heirs? Who owns them now? Being California, probably the state until they're processed through probate. That's not unusual - you give them to the wrong person, you could be liable. There are laws about how ownership will progress, depending on if he has a will, if it's contested, etc.

Looks like LAPD has beat the crap out of the guns, piling them up for photo op. Hope the heirs get a good lawyer.

You have no way of knowing how the weapons were handled or what state they were in before. MANY look used. Piling them up looks horrible, but there's no indication AT ALL of how they were, how they were handled, etc. during the process.

Speculation much?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    But as a consolation, California offers them drivers licenses and piles of public assistance money. Maybe even voter registration.

You've missed the joke.

The guy was a human/alien hybrid, so his fiancee claimed.

An interplanetary alien may or may not be legal depending on whether the CIA gave it citizenship and/or naturalized it, depending on the intergalactic treaty terms.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    You've missed the joke.

The guy was a human/alien hybrid, so his fiancee claimed.

An interplanetary alien may or may not be legal depending on whether the CIA gave it citizenship and/or naturalized it, depending on the intergalactic treaty terms.
    Thanks for pointing that out--I did indeed miss the joke. So we can assume that aliens are now flocking to California from all over the galaxy, in addition to more traditional points of origin? That still kind of validates my point.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    As crazy as this whole situation is and is progressing, I think he's my real father.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Meh. So what, if he was eccentric? If that was a crime, half of Hollywood would be in prison.

If his hoard is mostly bolt action and lever fudd guns I doubt he was funneling them to the Mexican cartels. His relatives, spawnmother, galactic overlord or whatever better get in contact with a lawyer quick if they want to save his stuff from the crusher.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You have no way of knowing how the weapons were handled or what state they were in before. MANY look used. Piling them up looks horrible, but there's no indication AT ALL of how they were, how they were handled, etc. during the process.
    Speculation much?

Piling them up cannot do anything but add damage regardless of prior condition.

Any other nits to pick?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Piling them up cannot do anything but add damage regardless of prior condition.

Any other nits to pick?

If putting a rifle in a pile damages it, it's not something I want to bet my life on. God forbid it get treated like a battle rifle and thrown, dropped, banged, etc. Damn sure better not shoot it - no telling what damage firing off a round with it could do.

It's wood, plastic and metal we're talking about. Not fine china.

Take a pill and get back to your game shows.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Pretty sure if those gorillas tossed something like this into the bottom of that pile and gouged the wood its value would be severely negatively impacted.

Double-Rifle-Gallery-3.jpg

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Pretty sure if those gorillas tossed something like this into the bottom of that pile and gouged the wood its value would be severely negatively impacted.

Mighty big assumption that they were a) tossed and b) neat, pristine and new. LOOK at them in the pics. Look at the pics of the ammo, in the garage, how packed everything was. I can only imagine what this looked like, "Hoarder" perspective.

I know what 12 guns takes up, space-wise, in my 2000 square foot HOUSE. Imagine 1200 in something smaller, PLUS tons (literally) of ammo... and who knows what else.

Most cops are gun guys. At least ONE there is reverent and drooling, I'd bet.

You guys need to RELAX. Jeez.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If putting a rifle in a pile damages it, it's not something I want to bet my life on. God forbid it get treated like a battle rifle and thrown, dropped, banged, etc. Damn sure better not shoot it - no telling what damage firing off a round with it could do.

It's wood, plastic and metal we're talking about. Not fine china.

Take a pill and get back to your game shows.

Not all damage affects function. Do I really have to point that out to you? Surely no one can be that ignorant.

Just because you don't care about the appearance of your firearms does not mean others don't. And appearance certainly can have a huge effect on value, so whoever inherits those guns could see the value seriously degraded by that treatment.

Really wanted to pick a fight that bad?

Nothing like a Philadelphia lawyer.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Are the cylinders not firing in the right sequence for you to see reason? How do you figure LEO's "have the right to take dead people's property?"

Anyone else getting the feeling that "The Dan" must have driven the van "The Lox" rode in on from Kommiefornia?

Could be? Lots of Tards being shook loose in TGT lately

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Really wanted to pick a fight that bad?

Nothing like a Philadelphia lawyer.

No, but I want your psychic powers. Remote viewing is a neat trick. Or were you on site that day to WATCH how they were handled?

Oh, nevermind, you're just as clueless as the rest of us speculators... you just prefer to assume that since it's the police, they're being wantonly negligent with the decedent's property.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

oldag that's the picked through pile. The good ones are in their trunks on the way to their new homes. You worry so much!

Guns-ammo.jpg

Rifles.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom