• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    "Notify next of kin..." That's it. They don't have the right or legal authority to remove ANY of the firearms or ammunition without probable cause of a crime being or about to be committed. They say they don't expect any foul play, so this looks like a another LAPD/CHP screw-up.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    "Notify next of kin..." That's it. They don't have the right or legal authority to remove ANY of the firearms or ammunition without probable cause of a crime being or about to be committed. They say they don't expect any foul play, so this looks like a another LAPD/CHP screw-up.

yeah, they will fire up the chop saws if they can and destroy that private property

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

They definitely have the authority, for the same reason firearms found in unoccupied homes in disaster areas are seized.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    They definitely have the authority, for the same reason firearms found in unoccupied homes in disaster areas are seized.

Yes. The police have the right, and it is the right thing to do. Sounds as if some of you guys would prefer to see it all left unattended in a vacant house, just waiting for Casper, Lil Smokey y la cliqua to make their residential burglary rounds. (Man, there sure are a bunch of cop-hating, ambulance-chasing, armchair-quarterbacking wanna-be defense attorneys up in here---not referring to you, karlac.)

As for the cop's comments, consider that what he actually said versus what was ultimately printed was filtered through the LA Times editors at least once.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Yes. The police have the right, and it is the right thing to do. Sounds as if some of you guys would prefer to see it all left unattended in a vacant house, just waiting for Casper, Lil Smokey y la cliqua to make their residential burglary rounds. (Man, there sure are a bunch of cop-hating, ambulance-chasing, armchair-quarterbacking wanna-be defense attorneys up in here---not referring to you, karlac.)

As for the cop's comments, consider that what he actually said versus what was ultimately printed was filtered through the LA Times editors at least once.

So if your father dies, the police have the right to go into his home and seize all of the firearms he had before you have a chance to get there? I don't think so. I don't know the details about this man or his family. The police are not saying that they are taking the guns for "safe keeping," they are saying they have to check each one to see if they were used in any crimes. On what grounds?

Maybe there is something more to the story, maybe the guy was involved in illegal activities or something, but on the surface the story seems strange and nobody here is being a "cop-hating, ambulance-chasing, armchair-quarterbacking wanna-be defense attorneys" for dare questioning what the commies do in that commie state of Kalifornia.

Double Action

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    I've talked to a few different California LE in the past. I'll give it a guess. Since California has very strict laws about locking firearms, they just need to find one unlocked firearm in the home to create "probable cause" to examine them all. One LE told me violent crime dropped so much in Southern California that they were redirecting crime lab people to firearm crimes. Not violent crime, but looking for guns with illegal accessories, illegal configurations, etc. They don't need them to draw chalk lines around bodies anymore, so they look for things like illegally stored firearms. The dead guys guns might be perfectly legal, BUT if they are not stored properly, then LE will confiscate them. I'm sure they will destroy them. Just like they'll destroy the ammo. They'll probably take it home to personally "destroy" it.

CombatM3D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    Fort Worth
    I've talked to a few different California LE in the past. I'll give it a guess. Since California has very strict laws about locking firearms, they just need to find one unlocked firearm in the home to create "probable cause" to examine them all. One LE told me violent crime dropped so much in Southern California that they were redirecting crime lab people to firearm crimes. Not violent crime, but looking for guns with illegal accessories, illegal configurations, etc. They don't need them to draw chalk lines around bodies anymore, so they look for things like illegally stored firearms. The dead guys guns might be perfectly legal, BUT if they are not stored properly, then LE will confiscate them. I'm sure they will destroy them. Just like they'll destroy the ammo. They'll probably take it home to personally "destroy" it.

This is why I couldn't wait to leave California(Kommiefornia) after I got out of the Army.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I've talked to a few different California LE in the past. I'll give it a guess. Since California has very strict laws about locking firearms, they just need to find one unlocked firearm in the home to create "probable cause" to examine them all.

Or they could just be a bunch of world class fuckups, power tripping and out of control like they demonstrated pretty well during the Dorner manhunt. When they tried to kill 2 little old ladies who did not match the race, gender, physical characteristics, number, or vehicle's make/model/color of the murder suspect.

Then they had the nerve to say 'Sorry we shot you and your truck 40 times and tried to kill you. Here's a check to repair your windshield we filled with bullet holes. That's all you're getting because it's your own fault we tried to make you both dead, driving around in the wee hours of the morning delivering papers like that. We square now?'

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So if your father dies, the police have the right to go into his home and seize all of the firearms he had before you have a chance to get there? I don't think so. I don't know the details about this man or his family. The police are not saying that they are taking the guns for "safe keeping," they are saying they have to check each one to see if they were used in any crimes. On what grounds?

Maybe there is something more to the story, maybe the guy was involved in illegal activities or something, but on the surface the story seems strange and nobody here is being a "cop-hating, ambulance-chasing, armchair-quarterbacking wanna-be defense attorneys" for dare questioning what the commies do in that commie state of Kalifornia.

Well said.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas

I'm not an armchair quarterback for saying I support personal property and freedoms being kept well away from police intervention and confiscation without probable cause. What are you, liberal?
    There's a woman on the deed listed as the legal owner of the house still in residence, so it wasn't unoccupied.
    Then unless there is more to this story, it looks to be the unlawful seizure of private property by the police without justifiable cause.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Probably an FFL that closed up shop and moved his inventory to his home.

Or they could just be a bunch of world class fuckups, power tripping and out of control like they demonstrated pretty well during the Dorner manhunt. When they tried to kill 2 little old ladies who did not match the race, gender, physical characteristics, number, or vehicle's make/model/color of the murder suspect.

Then they had the nerve to say 'Sorry we shot you and your truck 40 times and tried to kill you. Here's a check to repair your windshield we filled with bullet holes. That's all you're getting because it's your own fault we tried to make you both dead, driving around in the wee hours of the morning delivering papers like that. We square now?'

One of the best reports I saw After that incident was that LAPD was trying to find a local dealer to donate a new Tacoma to these ladies. As in not pay for. None of the dealers would do it.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    One of the best reports I saw After that incident was that LAPD was trying to find a local dealer to donate a new Tacoma to these ladies. As in not pay for. None of the dealers would do it.

Yeah that was ludicrous. Articles say LAPD eventually settled for $4.2 million to their two victims after they lawyered up, but I'll bet none of the officers involved were reprimanded or taken off the streets.

The real irony is Chris Dorner was very discriminate and only shot the targets he perceived as having wronged him in some way. The LAPD went out guns blazing and indiscriminately tried to kill 2 old ladies and a white dude in a SUV. Makes you wonder which is the greater threat to the general public?

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    $50 says his heirs don't get but a fraction of what they should.

Between the police chief picking out a few pieces of 'evidence' to safely store in his home and his minions throwing them all into barrels full of moisture.

I hope the deceased has a very detailed will listing out every item and their condition. Would love to see LAPD involved in another multimillion $$ lawsuit for fucking up again.

If they get anything at all. I'll bet YEARS and YEARS go by and by then each and every LEO will get a pick. Say good but to 1150 firearms that they are "still investigating".

Yeah right.

Top Bottom