• Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The family needs an attorney NOW.

Even at a conservative $400/firearm average, that represents nearly $500,000 of his estate. Not counting the ammo.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So I took Dan's comment literally.
    66e9c472ed56b38b6d9cabc03be31d9e.jpg

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll go on record: something is fishy about having this many guns of apparently the same type, etc. Whether it's hoarding, an incredible deal he got from a shipping container auction, or something else...

That said, fishy is NOT illegal, and until it's determined to be illegal using a constitutional approach in terms of due process, etc., it's none of my business - or the law's.

Sad that the family is getting drug through this, but I'd love to hear more about this collection, collector, etc., especially WHERE he got a lot of these - but ONLY from a curiosity point of view. NOYB is an appropriate answer if the family so chooses.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Some of you are rabidly anti-authority no matter what, and I get that. However, those California police are doing everything according to laws that are on the books out there, and those laws exist for good reason.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

No. They don't.

And those jack wagons have no business going through people's property without a warrant unless they are evidence in the guy's murder.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Dead LA man who had 1,200 guns, underwater car identified; believed to be ‘part alien’ secret government worker

"Lash was also believed to be an alien "sent to Earth to protect us," according to Laura VadBunker, the mother of 39-year-old Dawn VadBunker, who used to work for Nebron."

"They also discovered a Toyota SUV designed to drive underwater among the 14 vehicles registered in his name."

"Braun said Nebron parked him in a car down the street from the condo they shared after he died. He had trouble breathing but refused to go to the hospital or call 911, the attorney said."

You gotta go watch the video at that story in the link above! "He was higher than the CIA!"

I bet he was.

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Nice to see they are taking such good care of the deceased's estate: throw all his shit in a big pile on the stone.

Pretty much unfolding just like everyone said it would, now they just need to take the best guns for themselves, destroy a bunch of the rest, and then give the remaining 200 rusted and gouged up guns to the next of kin.

usa-california-gun-cache-found.jpg

Of course the resident jack booted thug apologist will see nothing wrong with all this.
    Looks like a lot of bolt actions. Strangely, the PD miscounted and there's actually only 900. Strangely enough they just received 200 more ARs and all the officers their seemed to grow one in their personal collections as well....

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    (Edit: Saw Chirpy beat me to this - kudos to Chirpy!)

Okay, upon more reading, this thing is STRANGE.

http://ktla.com/2015/07/22/dead-man...ons-linked-to-disappearance-of-oxnard-mother/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-with-cache-of-1-200-guns-20150722-story.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-alien-secret-agent-sent-save-human-race.html

Dead for two weeks, decomposing in a car. Girlfriend went to an attorney to tell HIM, he called LAPD, she's fled to Oregon.

13 SUV's fitted for different terrains were also owned by him and on/at the property, including one for amphibious work

LOTS of cash. More than $1MM in cash+ammo+guns according to LAPD.

To date, they suspect nothing illegal, but there's nobody to turn the property over to. No wife, as earlier reported - just a mother and nowhere-to-be-found girlfriend.

No suspicion of murder.

Oh, yeah, and he was a human/alien hybrid spy working for the US government sent to save the planet. I shit you not.

More pics here - most ammo was boxed:

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/photos/pcb.10153543165374614/10153543162244614/?type=1&permPage=1

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Just saw this quote in the article:

"LAPD Deputy Chief of Detectives Kirk Albanese said he does not believe he was doing anything illegal with the weapons."

They just admitted right there that they have no probably cause for taking the weapons.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Just saw this quote in the article:

"LAPD Deputy Chief of Detectives Kirk Albanese said he does not believe he was doing anything illegal with the weapons."

They just admitted right there that they have no probably cause for taking the weapons.

There's no such thing as probably cause.

And they do - nobody able to secure them. I'd assume they're going to inventory and secure them, then turn them over as part of the probate process if an eligible-to-possess heir is identified and they're California-legal.

Mom doesn't live with him.

Girlfriend (not an heir) fled to another state.

No other family.

It's reasonable for them to impound them pending due process - it won't be reasonable for them to hold them once probated.

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

And they do - nobody able to secure them. I'd assume they're going to inventory and secure them, then turn them over as part of the probate process if an eligible-to-possess heir is identified and they're California-legal.

Mom doesn't life with him.

No other family.

It's reasonable for them to impound them pending due process - it won't be reasonable for them to hold them once probated.

I guess I see your point here. Still doesn't change the fact that this situation is screwy as hell from all angles.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I guess I see your point here. Still doesn't change the fact that this situation is screwy as hell from all angles.

Yep. But I think we're in agreement that with no criminal investigation, all of this goes to the heirs, period.

I'd LOVE to see this auction when they sell it all. Might even fly out for that.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge

Mom doesn't live with him.

No other family.

This is exactly the point that I was trying to make....and got called a (D) for it.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    13 SUV's fitted for different terrains were also owned by him and on/at the property, including one for amphibious work

LOTS of cash. More than $1MM in cash+ammo+guns according to LAPD.
    Dude sounds like a lot of fun to me...

Is it reasonable to stack them on top of each other in a huge pile on the concrete? The initial article said many of the guns were still in their original boxes.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Dude sounds like a lot of fun to me...

Is it reasonable to stack them on top of each other in a huge pile on the concrete? The initial article said many of the guns were still in their original boxes.

I don't trust the media any farther than I can throw them.

To answer your question, though, it's not ideal, but it's probably what they were working with. They did put a tarp down. Considering they need to check each firearm to ensure it's not loaded, verify the serial number, model number, etc. for their log, I can't complain.

His heirs can file a complaint for damage if they believe it happened. LAPD is civilly liable for damage, I'd suspect, if they're not being reasonably safe.

Top Bottom