Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    More than here? Lol

Guess I'm never frequenting arfcom
    Per capita? No.
    Pure volume? Yes.

Think of it as a TGT on a continental scale. News stories, yes, but fifty times as many. Duplicate posts, yes, but fifty times as many. Assholes, yes, but fifty times as many. Know-it-alls, Tier-0 operators, trolls, etc.

I have found myself on the forum less and less since finding TGT.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    About the instant case, I have no opinion. (ETA: This has changed. See my post #121.) However, I do have a couple of general observations.

I would have thought that after all these years, the Moral panic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia on this issue would have died down, yet TMZ and other muckrakers continue to squeeze it for ratings and page views.

IMO, You know you're accused mostly as a part of a moral panic rather than entirely on evidence when, as the examples up-thread show:
    • Just the accusation ruins your life,
    • Fighting the threat of an accusation is something your lawyer tells you is a complete loser of a proposition, and
    • Truly clearing your name, even with the testimony of the victim on your side, is never possible.
    I believe child molestation happens more frequently than we know and is a terrible crime deserving the worst punishment the state can hand out. But, from what I've seen and read, it seems to me that false allegations of child molestation are more common than actual molestation and there seems to be little or no penalty for making those allegations.

Last edited:

gcarrillo004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    How can anyone make an opinion that Will Hayden is a douche? Its TV for goodness sake. the last time anything aired real on TV was the NASA moon landings and people believe that was was faked. hahah. At the end of the day we need to keep the child in question in our thoughts and prayers. If Will is being falsely accused then her mother has just caused a major form of child abuse, if Will is this monster then the child has been abused calling her father hateful things only make it worse.

My ex was going to use that on me as well since i gained custody of my step-daughters. Told her to go for it, the kids were well above the age of being manipulated by anyone. Told her I would sue her and her POS lawyer from here to the end of times. btw, her lawyer represented JH....if you do not know who JH is you haven't been in Houston that long. They backed off and we went to mediation..heck i didn't even sue for child support, just wanted her gone.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Back to "Sons of Guns": Justice in Louisiana has historically been corrupt. There could be a real "game-changer" in the works.

Or the party with the most influence and money could win, as is often the case in corrupt things. If it generates media attention along the way and happens to boost ratings, I wouldn't be surprised if the judge was shown in an episode finding him innocent of the charges.

(I don't watch much TV so you'll have to fill me in later to see if this prediction comes true.)

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    How can anyone make an opinion that Will Hayden is a douche? Its TV for goodness sake.
    People have made opinions based on far less...

If you don't want to look like a douche, don't let the editors make you look like a douche. It's his show — if he doesn't like the way he's portrayed he can choose not to participate. Fact is, he enjoys the ratings, publicity, cash and notoriety and doesn't mind coming across as a slob with an ego.

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    People have made opinions based on far less...

If you don't want to look like a douche, don't let the editors make you look like a douche. It's his show — if he doesn't like the way he's portrayed he can choose not to participate. Fact is, he enjoys the ratings, publicity, cash and notoriety and doesn't mind coming across as a slob with an ego.

Don't be naive.
    He's a paid employee of the producers.
    He has little or no influence on the show's direction or content.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Huh?
    Are you saying he could quit?

Sure, going to work in order to support one's family is definitely a choice.
    The alternative is what motivates workers.
    Those are lyrics from a Rush song...

Thing is he can still go to work to support his family. He doesn't have to be on TV to do that. He's a well-known gunsmith, not an actor.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/805064

Reality stars, she said, "all share a personality trait that allows them to believe that once a week millions of viewers are going to tune in and watch them engage in everyday activities like going to the mall, having dinner with their friends. When taken to an extreme, this personality trait is known in mental health care circles as narcissism."
    Narcissism is characterized by extreme egocentricity, vanity, pride, and an excessive focus on meeting one's own needs, even at the expense of others, she said.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Those are lyrics from a Rush song...

Thing is he can still go to work to support his family. He doesn't have to be on TV to do that. He's a well-known gunsmith, not an actor.

I recognized the lyric ... ;)

Not disagreeing ... we each chose to go to work each day and get paid as much as we possibly can.
    And he is a paid employee just like you and me ... paid to be on TV, not producing TV shows.
    He's parlayed his gunsmithing into more than gunsmithing.

However, acting is not an essential crendential.

Lots of terrible "actors" make a lot of money.

Last edited:

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I watched this "show" maybe 3 times, when it first came on. I was not impressed by their
    "gunsmiths" or the "boss", who if he had talked to me, the way he did some of his employees,
    would have been wearing some new knots on his head! But, having said that, I've known some
    friends that were accused of the same thing, and their lives were never the same, even after
    their accusers had re-canted their stories. I wish the guy good luck!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Having known a person falsely accused, I truly hope the man has his day in court and the truth emerges.
    If he actually did molest a child he should fry.

I watched the show a few times. It made gun owners look like dolts. Will never watch the show again.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Having known a person falsely accused, I truly hope the man has his day in court and the truth emerges.
    If he actually did molest a child he should fry.

I watched the show a few times. It made gun owners look like dolts. Will never watch the show again.
    You shouldn't say anything bad about the show or the "actors" they'll crucify you!

Top Bottom