• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    So how many would watch the show if it had less drama, Vince and Flem as lead builders/gunsmiths, no more goofy 'game changers', and the Fords are gone????

Not unless their hackjob gunsmithing went away.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Sorry to ruin it for you two (and others), but a show about a high quality gunsmith taking the slow, painstaking steps to make a premium build would be too boring for 99 & 44/100's of the TV viewing public.

Drama, hackjobs, and personality conflicts is what makes for TV these days.

I don't mean any disrespect to Vince and Flemming but I couldn't watch it anymore period .
    Im just burnt out on the whole thing. They need to just fade away into the sunset and do their own things

Woah woah woah...

The show is done. Over with.

The show was a poison pill from the start.

I don't mean any disrespect to Vince or Flem either but neither one is doing great.

I enjoy Vince's writings on his blog whenever he finds time to update it which is rare, he has a tiny shop (Mesa Kinetic) that specializes in AK builds but offers no "products" and everything is "under development", his website has potential but not much meat. He has a Larue Tactical clone billet lower listed for sale that is most likely manufactured and machined by Stubborn Mule and roll marked Mesa Kinetic (I'm assuming the roll marks, not the manufacturer. I'm dead on with that) for $279.99 with a single upside down, from the top right pic (no roll mark pics? C'mon Vince, you ain't foolin' nobody), no description other than "MKR Billet 7075 Aluminum AR-15 Lower" or anything at all telling the shopper why they should buy it over two Runner Runner Texas flag (or any number of shops') billet lowers for the same price. His site has a wholesale LPK listed, again no description telling the shopper why it is special or different from a DPMS, Rock River, Palmetto State, etc. parts kit. And that's about it. It is obvious that he is working to capitalize on the exposure he's gotten being a part of the show and I don't blame him one bit for doing it. I would be too if I were in his shoes. I'd just be going about it a different way but suum cuique.

I like Vince. He's just doing it all wrong and that bugs me.

The reason I mentioned Vince in my 'if I were giving Joe advice' post was purely born from the fact that Vince is local to Red Jacket and not a full on retard and local is cheaper than non-local.

Flem.

Flem..

Flem...

I'd like to see Flem do something different. I'm not so sure he's a good fit for the training role but I may be (probably am) wrong. I haven't kept up and to be completely honest I have no clue as to his pedigree or military background. I lost interest in the show long before his role developed but I do remember him having a cigarette with someone who was trying to talk him into doing something. I only know this because I was laid up in a shitty motel with nothing else on but I Love Lucy (which I eventually switched to).

Flem is likely a great guy and possibly has a background that I am unaware of that would qualify him as a trainer. I just don't know so I'm gonna just have to claim ignorance when it comes to Flem.

Neither one of these guys would have likely ever tripped a synapse in the majority of our heads had they not had a few seconds of fame on a shitty TV show.

But my point was not about a TV show, saving a TV show or making a TV show better.

My point was about saving or dumping a business.

Making a business thrive or deciding it should die.

In business you really don't have any other choices. You either live to fight another day or you don't. You either grow or you stagnate.

F350-6 mentioned riding/milking the coat tails of the Will Hayden fallout and the free press its getting. The saying is that no press is bad press but I beg to differ. Child molestation press is a stink that will never wear off.

Feeding mouths.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I just got to thinking.. and I'm pointing the finger at me as well here. For the 99 % of us on TGT that don't know them personally or the victims personally, why should we even care what they do from this point forward?
    What makes us feel like we should care? Some connection we felt from watching the show?

We're all sick I guess for being so distracted by it when we might have people physically around us we should invest time into.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I just got to thinking.. and I'm pointing the finger at me as well here. For the 99 % of us on TGT that don't know them personally or the victims personally, why should we even care what they do from this point forward?
    What makes us feel like we should care? Some connection we felt from watching the show?

We're all sick I guess for being so distracted by it when we might have people physically around us we should invest time into.

Maybe it's not so much a felt connection with the people (agreed, they're total strangers) involved as it is an opportunity to brainstorm over what one might do or how one might react if thrust into a similar situation (excepting of course the situation Will Hayden "thrust" himself into).

I'm a people watcher by nature and also very enthusiastic in business.

It's just a natural thing for me to watch events such as this unfold and see how those personally involved react and how those reactions affect the situation and other involved persons.

For me the fascination (I admit it, I'm fascinated by the Red Jacket spectacle. I'm beyond help so I just unapologetically do what I'm wired to do) stems from an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and knowledge gained at the expense of others is invaluable. I am constantly running possible scenarios through my head of events outside of my control that may affect my businesses and how I might react to such changes.

While it's both sickening and sad to see the effects Will's perversion and poor decision making skills have had on those who played key roles in the success of his company.
    I personally feel empathy for them all (minus Will). I see how they all are reacting, at least the side of it they've made public through interviews, social media, forum posts, etc... and I can't help but cringe thinking of how differently I would be handling it.

Of course that's easy for me to do because I am sitting on the outside looking in completely unaffected by any of it.

With all of the scenarios I've run mentally I honestly have no idea how I would react in a situation such as the one they have been forced to deal with.

I do know this:

Reality TV is poison. You will never see me participating in such dumbassery.

Posting private and personal thoughts/reactions on Facebook and forums is unadvisable to say the least. Anything posted will be scrutinized, discussed, taken out of context, read into...

Even if your profile is locked down and viewable to friends only "friends" tends to be a loosely held concept when SHTF. Especially with those who suddenly find themselves privy to insider knowledge of something everyone is talking about.

Social media is a no no.

Televised interviews are preferable to printed as video is less easily edited or modified seamlessly however both should be avoided entirely unless advised differently and closely rehearsed and monitored by competent and paid legal counsel.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm just here for the comments.

popcorn.gif

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    F350-6 mentioned riding/milking the coat tails of the Will Hayden fallout and the free press its getting. The saying is that no press is bad press but I beg to differ. Child molestation press is a stink that will never wear off.

Feeding mouths.

The coat tails I was referring to is from the victim angle. The media loves to show the victims.

I never watched the show enough to comment on any of the other stuff you said.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I know it's happened before, but I don't understand how a father could do this to a daughter. Fathers are to protect their daughters. Not screw them up for life.

A man has to be bad screwed up in the head to have sex with his own daughter.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom