Guns International

You guys ready for Game of Thrones tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I use a tablet when I'm out of town for personal internet activities. You can find good Android tablets for about $150.
    I have my laptop with but didn't think of it at the time. Been too busy to try watching it again.

Will be back home in a few days anyways so not a big deal.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Our HBO was a free trial deal when we switched cable providers years back.

It is long gone and the cable will be too once our contract is up.

Using Hulu now and prefer it. Much cheaper.

We really don't watch that much tv anyways.

Ah.
    So you can at least still watch it on Hulu when you get home, right?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I wonder what all those people who named their kids after a triggered homicidal maniac think about it now. Maybe they will grow up to be herostratic pyromaniacs.

I can see it 10 years from now. A teacher says your name is Kahleesi? How pretty what does it mean? It's the lady the burned a million people to death in the GOT series.
    Oh. Theres a lesson here.

DeudeMann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2019
    San Antonio
    WTF was that all about? Snow and Tyrion had everything under control, and then without warning, other than some emotional, ambiguous agonized staring and heavy-breathing, Daenerys goes batshit flamethrowing kill-them-all crazy.

When she took off and headed for the Red Keep I assumed she was just going to turn Cersei into a BBQ plate, but then she proceeds to lay down enough flame to cook the entire North American domestic beef herd.

Looks like she is her father after all. Death to Daenerys.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    They've been pushing her character toward the psycho hose beast tyrant for the past two seasons. Shame, she was a cool character once upon a time. I think she might've lost her following with that go on the dragon ride

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Dany’s vision in the creepy priest’s temple YEARS ago shows her walking across a demolished, destroyed, ripped open/ sky visible, ash falling/ covered King’s Landing throne room, to almost (but not quite) touch the throne. This has been the plan all along, something close to it anyways.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    The sacking of the city was brutal. I was thinking that they had destroyed all of cerseis defenses too easily

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    This was always the way it was going to go.

That said, who offs her? Her nephew john, the hand Tyrion or the stark girl in disguise? Or does she burn them all and rule over the ash.

Then who deals with her army. Full circle would seem to demand john snow offs her takes control of the Dragon and gets rid of the army. Still that's not john snow. The bumbling buffoon of the north, comes into his own and calls himself stark.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Her nephew john, the hand Tyrion or the stark girl in disguise? Or does she burn them all and rule over the ash.
    My thoughts?
    • Dany ruling over the ash? No. Please, no. 10 years of buildup to end with an insane pyromaniac as the ultimate winner is too bitter a pill to ask the audience to swallow.
    • Jon killing Dany? I don't think so. He'd have to deal with the few remaining Dothraki and Unsullied. They'd kill him for killing their queen.
    • Arya killing Dany in disguise? Intriguing, but it doesn't seem to serve any plot purpose. I don't know if the white horse at the end of the episode was a metaphorical way to show her death or just a metaphor to show her transformation. Consider that all her motivations are now gone.
      • She's said a permanent goodbye to Winterfell.
      • She doesn't want to be a lady.
      • Her list for revenge, which drove her for half her life, is complete.
        • I think it's time for Arya to ride off into the sunset and never be seen again, metaphorically becoming Nymeria. Even she has to admit that she has become No One, again like Nymeria, one of many, unseen by man, who live their lives by codes not recognized by most of the world. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the last we see of her is her boarding a boat for Bravos where we surmise that she will return to the House of Black and White and spend the rest of her days as a highly skilled murderer for hire in the service of the only God she's ever truly served. If they wanted to give her a little more screen time, I'd love to see her murder Jaqen H'ghar and take over that whole cult.
    • Tyrion? I think that's the ticket. He's shown the ability to do what must be done, even if it means strangling the love of his life. If Tyrion does the deed, he'd get a great death scene out of it and Jon would gain all the options he could want to end this chapter in the history of Westeros. Think about how it could play out if Tyrion kills Dany -
      • Jon could kill him and earn the respect and obedience of the Dothraki and Unsullied. He already has the respect of all the North. Once acknowledged by all as the new ruler, he could send the Dothraki home and send Greyworm and the unsullied to continue Dany's great work in Mereen. I believe they would actually go, enabling Jon to rule. At that point, his options are fully open.
        • Jon could simply accept the Iron Throne, if they can find it in the rubble.
        • Jon could install Sansa on the throne, head north of the wall, reunite with Ghost, be an official King Beyond the Wall, and never be heard from again. The series has hinted that this would probably make the character of Jon happier than anything else.
        • Jon could fulfill the wishes of Ned Stark in the document he manipulated then had Robert sign in the first season, placing a Baratheon back on the throne. Gendry, after all, is now an official Lord and eligible.
        • Jon could get a great scene where he places Dany's body atop Drogon and tells Drogon to take her home, thus ridding Westeros of the threat of the last dragon.
        • Jon, IOW, could do whatever the hell he wants.
    Fan theories are fun, aren't they? Here's one last one. Dany, after walking through the ash-filled throne room, could realize that she's become another mad Targaryan, come to her senses, and simply climb aboard Drogon to fly away and disappear forever. Wait, that's too neat. Maybe she could ride east, leading the Dothraki and Unsullied back to Essos so she can rule there. That would be the best outcome for her since only in Essos is she both loved and feared, only in Essos could she remain a true queen. Of course, an ending like that is far too reasonable and pat and would be awfully lazy writing.

I don't consider any outcome where Dany lives to be a real possibility. I think the only way to redeem that character is to kill her, one way or another.

Top Bottom