• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I've been trying to download it for about an hour know, hope it's better for others. (got a DSL connection, but it just will not get over 340 KBps on that site.)

Thanks for link. Got any hints when it gets done??

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm Texas1911 on there, just find me and friend me, or post your names.

Dude this is an awesome game. I haven't had a game that I can't stop playing in a LONG time. I pitched them $30 for making such a fun game.

I just knocked out 3 tanks, 2 TDs, and 2 SPGs with my Marder II defending a flank by myself. That 7.5cm gun wrecks on people with HE, but I can load AP and hurt heavies too.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Stick with the first tank you get for a while, it has ultra low cost and you can make pretty decent cash with it. Once you start upgrading into the tier II and III tanks you start having to go up against bigger stuff that will one-shot you until you upgrade the tank. Plus, running around in the light tanks is fun.

I've done the US and German trees, the US tree is easier to use than the German tree. I can't force myself to drive a Soviet tank although it can be a decent tree to go down.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I should play. Tried getting it to play on my ubuntu laptop but no dice. Not big on manually patching Wine. I'll try at home on my gaming computer. As for game play, even with the light tanks, the entire game combines light, medium and heavy tanks into a single arena? or is it divided?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I've been trying to download it for about an hour know, hope it's better for others. (got a DSL connection, but it just will not get over 340 KBps on that site.)

I think you killed me last night last 2 tanks in the battle

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I played EVE for a few months but got bored with it :p

I'll definitely check out world of tanks tonight. Sounds like fun.

It's not for everybody, that's for sure. I used to really love EverQuest until my guild downed Quarm during Planes of Time. Difficult game. By comparison when I played things like Dark Ages of Camelot (great RvR!), World of WarCraft (Classic had great PvP and I was a High Warlord but arenas ruined it), Planetside (great Beta but the playerbase dropped off the face of the planet shortly after release), Final Fantasy XI (Can we say "Fisher Price: My First MMO For Dummies"? Horrible game for a hardcore gamer), etc, there haven't been any MMOs that stack up in terms of game depth to EQ... but EVE? Holy crap, EVE is a beast of a game.

EVE is like... it has no n00bs. If you're dumb, people scam you and kill you and it's totally legit according to the game rules, so people quit. I just feel at such a disadvantage right now because I'm a new player and EVE has no way for new players to "catch up" to older players because there is no effective "level cap", you train skills in the game passively (in real-world time) and once you earn a skill it's yours indefinitely so long as you keep your clone up to date. So with people having been training consistently in the game for eight years, you really can't compete at lower skill levels.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I tried the WOT and I just don't get it. Someone please help.
    I spawn, drive, see a red dot, shoot at it and die. I suppose when you are destroyed that you are out of the game is that correct? Driving around avoiding the enemy does not seem to work very well. Can someone post some WOT strategy? Can you repair during the game?

I may have to stick to Bad Company 2, at least I can see the bad guys and it works the way I expect.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's not for everybody, that's for sure.
    I know I just barely scratched the surface on it, but I haven't found an MMO that can hold my interest for long anyways. I do like the combat model and PvP rules in EVE, tho. I used to be really into Ultima Online, but then again my guild was made up of a bunch of people I knew in real life. The real life connection is what made it fun...

Did you ever play Jumpgate? That was a fun space MMO. It was a lot more "actiony" than most MMOs as you actually flew your spacecraft. It was more like a space flight sim in an MMO world. Your "level" dictated equipment, but the skill was all you (not character based).

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I know I just barely scratched the surface on it, but I haven't found an MMO that can hold my interest for long anyways. I do like the combat model and PvP rules in EVE, tho. I used to be really into Ultima Online, but then again my guild was made up of a bunch of people I knew in real life. The real life connection is what made it fun...

Did you ever play Jumpgate? That was a fun space MMO. It was a lot more "actiony" than most MMOs as you actually flew your spacecraft. It was more like a space flight sim in an MMO world. Your "level" dictated equipment, but the skill was all you (not character based).

I haven't even heard of Jumpgate, actually. Sounds fun!

Top Bottom