• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Just for the record I have jammed the crap out of an ak before to the point where it rendered the gun useless for about 3 minutes. Some cheap ak ammo will get stuck in the chamber and the bolt will rip the back of the case off then the bolt will shove a live round into the casing stuck in the chamber. Not saying an ak isn't my first choice because it is I love me some 5.45 just saying they will jam occasionally in either caliber.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Just for the record I have jammed the crap out of an ak before to the point where it rendered the gun useless for about 3 minutes. Some cheap ak ammo will get stuck in the chamber and the bolt will rip the back of the case off then the bolt will shove a live round into the casing stuck in the chamber. Not saying an ak isn't my first choice because it is I love me some 5.45 just saying they will jam occasionally in either caliber.

I Had exactly that happen with my saiga ak74 on saturday...

I think my choice for rifle would be a Mosin... and pistol would be a Mosin also (chopped barrel, and stock crudely cut off into a pistol grip.)

Seriously though, I would grab an sks and p89 ruger.

Strelok

Ста́лкер
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Balcones Fault
    im000001.jpg

Mirage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My pistol of choice would be Springfield XD(m) .45APC. Rifle would depend on where I was, am I coming back, expecting heavy duty combat, or schlepping the thing for miles... Either a Colt LE6920 Socom II, HK91, M1 Garand (.308) or a Ruger Gunsite scout. Am I alone? Where I am a .308 is way better. You cannot go wrong with many choices.

Doc007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Austin
    I'm going wih my 45-70. If I'm fighting ill pick up yours after I shoot you if I'm hunting I can kill anything at 200 yards and when everyone else runs out of ammo I will make my own black powder and keep reloading. And I'm taking 45-70 pistol as well

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    AR in .223 with my drop-in .22 action to swipe out and use.
    I am most likely with you on that for living here in the SW. For folks up N I would go for a bit more bang in a 7.62 NATO, like my AR 10.

As for AK's...you might take note that everyone that has ever tried to kill me carried an AK and that has been a LOT of folks, NONE of which are now posting on here or anywhere else.

img_0640_med.jpg

Last edited:

glockstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Fort Worth
    Seein' lots of semi's listed....one thing to consider is that if stuff DID hit the cyclic mover, cleaning/maintenance could become a challenge, and a bolt action is gonna typically be a lot more forgiving that a semi in my experience.

I agree, in a SHTF situation the ammo one comes across or acquires might not be the highest quality or friendly to the semi. Bolt guns usually don't care about such things.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sig 552. 22lr. and 500rds ammo. Tasco red dot, with an aimpoint back up stored somewhere else. Extra batts, ammo, vert grips(two) and sling. Boresnake in the grip. Trigger mods, and a reset thats gotta be felt to believe. It doesn't stay in the closest. Its not a queen. Shes a 'working' rifle. And i don't cry when she gets scratched. Shes swabbed every 50rds. Broken down every 500rds and detailed cleaned. It's dispatched more animals then I can remember. Its never had a jam either. Me and this rifle have made friends. Id use it over any of my other rifles. from 308, 300blk, to a mosin. At current shes loaded to bear with Remmy subs.

This is my rifle. Nones like it. I plan to have a shitproof fan. And she's the tool to help along.

View attachment 22145

Yes, thats a stock for a Glock. lower left. The blue ammo box is 9mm. The two green remmy boxes are 300blk. The other containers store power levels of 22lr. From 22 sub, to mini max's.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom