• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mirage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nah...

I will bring HK91 .308... I want to outgun and out range those with AK and AR's. If they are wearing body armor, .308 will negate that. Nothing like opening fire at 600+ yds. and not really fearing them. .308 stops people in their tracks, negates target cover, and is a far better hunting round.

Out gunning the opposition is always a good thing...

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    If we are going the bigger is better route I'm bringing my cousins Marlin Guide gun in 45-70 no such thing as cover with that round.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    If we are going the bigger is better route I'm bringing my cousins Marlin Guide gun in 45-70 no such thing as cover with that round.

Amen brother. Love my Marlin 1895 .45-70

I love this excerpt from The Box O' Truth on the .45-70...

It went through 12 boards of sheetrock, busted the water jug really nicely, busted the brick to pieces, and exited the back board...carrying a brick and half of the back pine board with it, and was last seen headed down range, mad as the dickens.

Moral of this lesson:

Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

Brownman0311

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2013
    This and my M&P 45. My family will carry the rest.
    0bf5d739-ccc6-4dba-b0d4-56a07f207d26_zpsccf7c85b.jpg

I'm disabled so I'll be sitting on top of a hill somewhere

Last edited:

davec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    South Texas
    9mm Beretta Cx4 carbine and something like 150-200 cartridges, four or five magazines and a Ruger Speed Six .357 revolver are mine.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm not worried about body armor. If the bad guys have it when shtf and I can't hide or get away I'm just screwed.
    I would take my AR in 5.45 and my ruger 22/45 lite. I shoot them best and I have tons of ammo ready to carry out for both of them.
    Hopefully my wife won't get us killed and we can get out together. She would carry either a moss 500 or 930 and her ruger LCR. I don't have any other handguns and she's been training with the LCR and it's her edc.
    Husband/wife AR AND shotgun couple surviving on the Texas coast - sounds like an action movie.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    My suppressed 11.5" AR-15 SBR along with my H&K USP 9mm. The latter has got a threaded barrel and SilencerCo Osprey for quiet work if needed (though it'll be tough to get ahold of 147 grain ammo) plus 18+1 capacity with the Jet Funnel kit.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I will bring HK91 .308... I want to outgun and out range those with AK and AR's. If they are wearing body armor, .308 will negate that. Nothing like opening fire at 600+ yds. and not really fearing them. .308 stops people in their tracks, negates target cover, and is a far better hunting round.

Out gunning the opposition is always a good thing...

Good point. I s'pose I could grab my 51 clone but it's neither quiet nor subtle. I'm not even sure how it'd do at distance.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom