• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    Absolute truth. Greasy garbage that ex-Californians love.
    Best burgers are from barbeque joints (and Moviehouse Grill). Not sure why.

In all my 12 LONG years of living in that shitty state, I have never liked In-N-Out. I really don't see what's so special about their burnt burgers and tasteless fries.
    Guns International

demigodtorpedo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    kemah, tx
    i and my wife have chl's and we carry religiously. we have an M4, a P350, 2 beretta PX4 storms, LCP's etc... we are rabid where it comes to our right to defend ourselves, but we can't understand how a private business (get PRIVATE) requesting that patrons not openly carry their long guns in their private establishments undermines our right to keep and bear arms, thus defend ourselves. we simply don't go into such establishments and we stay armed. how do you claim rights (2A) on one side while maligning the perfectly valid (private property) rights of the other side?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    i and my wife have chl's and we carry religiously. we have an M4, a P350, 2 beretta PX4 storms, LCP's etc... we are rabid where it comes to our right to defend ourselves, but we can't understand how a private business (get PRIVATE) requesting that patrons not openly carry their long guns in their private establishments undermines our right to keep and bear arms, thus defend ourselves. we simply don't go into such establishments and we stay armed. how do you claim rights (2A) on one side while maligning the perfectly valid (private property) rights of the other side?

Your right to keep and bear arms is only with the government. That being that the government can't take them away. However, as a private business or person is NOT government, the Bill of Rights has no bearing with them.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    how do you claim rights (2A) on one side while maligning the perfectly valid (private property) rights of the other side?
    Maybe I missed it, but I don't see anyone maligning property rights in this thread. All of our rights boil down to property rights in one form or another. So yeah I care quite a lot about property rights and think the government already infringes on them. That doesn't mean I have to patronize some place that doesn't agree with the how I might carry a firearm. I think this Whataburger thing is a little blown out of portion, tho.

btw, welcome to the forum

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Your right to keep and bear arms is only with the government. That being that the government can't take them away. However, as a private business or person is NOT government, the Bill of Rights has no bearing with them.
    Thanks this is what I was trying to say

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Ok this pisses me off

I've been in New Mexico all week
    I'm in Roswell sitting at a whataburger
    In a state where OC is legal and the whataburger has no signs at all prohibiting OC

So Texans are not responsible enough to OC in their stores but New Mexicans can ?

What the frick?

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Ok this pisses me off

In a state where OC is legal and the whataburger has no signs at all prohibiting OC

So Texans are not responsible enough to OC in their stores but New Mexicans can ?

What the frick?

More liberals needing their asses kissed in the name of profit?

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Ok this pisses me off

What the frick?
    I think the policy had more to do with the idiots bringing their ARs into private businesses, trying to get attention and scare people. I imagine once it is legal to open carry a handgun and not just some wannabe rambo, the policy will change.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I think the policy had more to do with the idiots bringing their ARs into private businesses, trying to get attention and scare people. I imagine once it is legal to open carry a handgun and not just some wannabe rambo, the policy will change.

As we get closer to Jan 1 we will know. So far I've yet to see a whataburger with a 30.07 sign. I suspect I probably won't as I haven't seen any with a gunbuster either. I bet all notifications will be verbal and it will depend upon store and manager on duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I just think they should have the same policy for Texas as they do for New Mexico

I hope you guys are right on your assumption

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Ok this pisses me off

What the frick?

I imagine that the policy will not change, but won't really be enforced.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    As we get closer to Jan 1 we will know. So far I've yet to see a whataburger with a 30.07 sign. I suspect I probably won't as I haven't seen any with a gunbuster either. I bet all notifications will be verbal and it will depend upon store and manager on duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the law does not go into effect until Jan 1, there is no need for signs. ;) But I bet you are right about the verbal enforcement

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If that is the case, then after 1 Jan 16 anyone told they cannot open carry needs to post up the location of the restaurant they were in when it happens. I understand their right to do so, but I also understand my right to avoid such establishments and share that information with others...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If that is the case, then after 1 Jan 16 anyone told they cannot open carry needs to post up the location of the restaurant they were in when it happens. I understand their right to do so, but I also understand my right to avoid such establishments and share that information with others...

Just conceal the gun and go on with your life.

Or avoid the awesomeness that is a whataburger.

I choose go on with my life

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    for those of you who think they will not post but rather go with verbal notice, do you think it will be at the manager's discretion or just on a case by case? What happens if all employees are told to look for a weapon and give a pre planned verbal notice, but some father has his IWB in the small of his back and after he orders and his family is seated someone noticed and then you have to kick him out and his family and cause a scene?

I think Whataburger as a corporation needs a better plan than that.

You know, I will confess that at first I took up for Whataburger, in the beginning of this thread, I supported them and their right to make the choice on their property and as far as private property goes, I sill support their right to decline, but dammit, it ought to be the same in every damn location in every damn state.

If they enforce 30.07 in Texas, then I'm going to be critical of them because they allow OC in other states

Top Bottom