• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    You're missing the point entirely. We're not railing on OC at all, we're railing on bad manners.
    Everyone has the RIGHT to be as white trash and idiotic as they want. I still prefer folks who have a little class and modesty - and those two things have nothing to do with money either.
    Very well put, and I agree completely. I agree that it is a bad idea to carry a rifle into Whataburger.

The entire point of my thread was that the right should be supported regardless of the individual exercising it.

All of the posts railing on "bad manners" could be applied nearly directly to the majority of people (in my experience) who qualify for a CHL.

Think back to your last CHL class / renewal. Were the people there any better than the idiots OCing rifles around?
    I know for my initial and renewal, the vast majority of the people there had absolutely no idea how to handle or shoot a gun. Every one of my friends with a CHL has stated similar things about the skill levels of the people in their classes.

Do we support their right to have a CHL even though they have 0 skill and 0 credibility when carrying that gun? Absolutely!

It will be OK, he knows how to edit. Now ..... if he could just change those pesky little quotes

I appreciate what you're trying to imply, but I regretted posting it. It's called self control and decency.
    You're absolutely right, though; people who read self help books have every right to, and I apologize if I insulted or offended you in that regard.

Also,

In 'n Out is just salty McDonald's. :) I don't see the appeal
    Venture Surplus ad

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Anyone who thinks In 'n Out & Whataburger are good burgers have obviously never been to a Five Guys or Mighty Fine.....
    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This x 100

FatBurger is, IMO, something worth eating.

However, my personal list is Hut's > Top Notch = Five Guys = Mighty > Whataburger >>>>>>> other chain burger joints.

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    This x 100

FatBurger is, IMO, something worth eating.

However, my personal list is Hut's > Top Notch = Five Guys = Mighty > Whataburger >>>>>>> other chain burger joints.

If you're ever in Oregon or WaRshington, give Burgerville a shot. Their stuff is on the pricey side since it's all organic and their food items are from local sources. They're stuff is definitely worth the price!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    All of the posts railing on "bad manners" could be applied nearly directly to the majority of people (in my experience) who qualify for a CHL.
    Think back to your last CHL class / renewal. Were the people there any better than the idiots OCing rifles around?
    I know for my initial and renewal, the vast majority of the people there had absolutely no idea how to handle or shoot a gun.

How does not being able to shoot well translate into bad manners? If they go CC into Whataburger nobody knows and they don't cause Whataburger to ban hand guns.

Most of the people railing against the people who carried long guns into Whataburger and elsewhere are not in principle against open carry, they just don't like the tactic of holding a rally at someone's business without their permission and the demeanor of the people who participate. Those people are just shooting themselves in the foot, sort of a political ND. This tactic reflects poorly on the rest of the 2nd Amendment supporters and makes it harder to get positive gun legislation passed. Appearance and PR is important for any cause.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I don't know. Maybe I'm getting paranoid in my old age. But the thought has crossed my mind that some of the OC demonstrations are anti-guns folks trying to make all gun owners look bad.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I don't know. Maybe I'm getting paranoid in my old age. But the thought has crossed my mind that some of the OC demonstrations are anti-guns folks trying to make all gun owners look bad.
    That or it could just be normal idiots who don't know how to properly demonstrate without looking menacing. Either way, it's not working.

-PAK-

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Of course, companies are always going to pander to those they think will best help their bottom line. Since people who OC are in the minority, they are the ones who get asked to leave. If and when OCers are in the majority, then watch these companies slip their corporate discs as they flip-flop their position. In the interim, I boycott any and all companies that post bans.

DIESEL-44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    There are no postings on the Whataburgers around here. If I owned a business and my employees were concerned, my customers got up and left, customers coming in turned around and left because there were a bunch of people inside with long guns..............I would do more than put out a memo. They are in business to make money not take up the fight for open carry. Week by week the OC bunch around here are losing ground for the cause. They are unwittingly taking us backwards and even losing ground for CC.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can't believe people are arguing about "good" fast food. Hit some some small town mom and pop burger joints that aren't part of a corporate chain if you want good food.

Also, I'm pretty sure now that people from Arizona are yankees.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Just a question I understand that the 2nd a is important. And oc is important to some
    But aren't the rights of others just as important as ours?
    I know how I feel when someone tries to impose their will on me,
    The more they do the more I resist. We as gun owners have a hard road to hoe to start with
    Do we really need to make enemies of our supporters along the way?

Top Bottom