• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I did a search and couldn't find a thread, so I thought I'd post it here.

Apparently, some guys in San Antonio went into a Whataburger with long guns at low-ready. Employees freaked and called the cops.

Although whataburger is a Texas company, they're responding in a super shitty corporate fashion.
    Have a look:
    geQnA8w.jpg

Take action! Let them know what you think on Facebook, Twitter, and through emails!

And for the love of Pete, if you don't have/like/use/believe in Facebook, just send an Email.
    Guns International

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Take action? For what?

Do you realize Whataburger is aware of their own roots / history?

Don't you think Whataburger is aware of the latest OC goings on?

They made a corporate / property rights decision. If you are compelled to take action, do so with your wallet.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Whataburger leadership is from South Texas and definitely NOT anti gun.

The action we need to take is for the boneheads carrying ARs all over to stop and let the next legislative cycle run it's course.

If my business was in danger because of some customers I'd ban them as well. It doesn't matter "why" , it just matters that they're jeopardizing your business.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I think it is a pretty good response to a bunch of ass hats. They have every right to ask weapons be left out side of THEIR property. You Do Not have a right to a hamburger, nor is it the employees responsibility to uphold your 2A rights.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Gay rights, gun rights, ANY rights! Go protest somewhere else! That business is trying to appeal to the broadest group possible and these guys are driving away business.

We have to stop protesting stuff at businesses.

It makes us look like idiots and creates unneeded and negative publicity.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    As long as OC guys keep doing what they're doing we will lose more rights. Right now there doing more against gun rights than New York city's mayor

Edit- whataburger's responses are more than reasonable for me. I love that we can open carry long guns, but we have to respect other peoples private property. Some people don't feel safe when strangers have loaded guns in plain view on their property. It is their right to refuse service to anyone to protect their business.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

The action we need to take is for the boneheads carrying ARs all over to stop and let the next legislative cycle run it's course.

If my business was in danger because of some customers I'd ban them as well. It doesn't matter "why" , it just matters that they're jeopardizing your business.

This. People need to not be so short sighted.

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    More harm than good is coming from these clowns. While OC has it place, a long rifle in open at a public place, is def outve place. I support OC of a sidearm if they are properly licensed, but seriously... If a perpatraitor was to start shooting and you had your long rifle slung on your back, your not going to be able to react quick enough.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Apparently, some guys in San Antonio went into a Whataburger with long guns at low-ready.
    Well thar's ur problem!

It's interesting that they chose to prohibit open carry of handguns, as well. Wonder how the folks in OK feel about that... A better company policy would be to require that all firearms be securely holstered, slung, or cased before entering, instead of the knee jerk "ban them all!"

Also, the memo doesn't make a distinction between open and concealed... Is this effective notice?

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I love Whataburger, I don't have any social networking pages but if I did I would high five them. Or whatever it is you do to each other on there

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

I started typing a reply, but dang, it would have been in concert with your post. So, let me just say I agree.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Also, the memo doesn't make a distinction between open and concealed... Is this effective notice?
    It is poorly worded to say the least but ultimately the statement reads:

Whataburger does not want weapons inside our restaurants.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Most of the rest. Address open carry out unlawful carry, if you have chl and concealed. There's your answers

From my secret cel phone the NSA doesn't track !

Top Bottom