DK Firearms

What does your username mean? Why did you choose it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Im from TX and I think ISIS gotta go. Sorry all I could think of at the time

Know what you mean.

I'm from TX, I like ARs and I'm a guy.

TXARGUY

It was all I could think of at the time.

It really seemed like a like a good and fitting name when I picked it years ago but it wasn't long before I started running into the real guys who were way into ARs and I felt kinda silly for calling my self an AR guy essentially representing the great state of Texas when all I was doing was liking ARs and enjoying shooting them so I reached an online identity crossroad (LMAO at the thought of it, first world problems LMAO). I either had chow down on my humble pie and accept that in my zeal I had picked the wrong name and would need to change it or I had to step up my game and live up to it.

I'm a Texan. Humble pie is a dish for Cali boys and Yankees.

Hours upon hours upon hours of reading the writings of others whom I had through observation identified as guys who knew wtf they were talking about (many of which are here and probably reading this but probably don't know they are one of the few), keeping my mouth shut (natural born and raised Texan so that was the hardest part for me), paying attention, studying, trying it myself, failing, trying again, doing some awesome builds and a lot of not so awesome builds (($01D)), a large amount of money invested the size of which I cannot speculate here for fear my wife might see it and in the interest of marital bliss (my wife knows I have a whole lot of really cool guns but the reality is she has no idea...)...
    Not that I keep things from my wife but I just believe that in cases such as this ignorance truly is bliss.

What I'm saying here is that your chosen screen name is not silly at all.

But you find yourself at a crossroad.

Humble pie sits in one direction.

A pile of dead ISIS sits in the other.

You're going to have to kill some ISIS.

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Know what you mean.

I'm from TX, I like ARs and I'm a guy.

TXARGUY

It was all I could think of at the time.

It really seemed like a like a good and fitting name when I picked it years ago but it wasn't long before I started running into the real guys who were way into ARs and I felt kinda silly for calling my self an AR guy essentially representing the great state of Texas when all I was doing was liking ARs and enjoying shooting them so I reached an online identity crossroad (LMAO at the thought of it, first world problems LMAO). I either had chow down on my humble pie and accept that in my zeal I had picked the wrong name and would need to change it or I had to step up my game and live up to it.

I'm a Texan. Humble pie is a dish for Cali boys and Yankees.

Hours upon hours upon hours of reading the writings of others whom I had through observation identified as guys who knew wtf they were talking about (many of which are here and probably reading this but probably don't know they are one of the few), keeping my mouth shut (natural born and raised Texan so that was the hardest part for me), paying attention, studying, trying it myself, failing, trying again, doing some awesome builds and a lot of not so awesome builds (($01D)), a large amount of money invested the size of which I cannot speculate here for fear my wife might see it and in the interest of marital bliss (my wife knows I have a whole lot of really cool guns but the reality is she has no idea...)...
    Not that I keep things from my wife but I just believe that in cases such as this ignorance truly is bliss.

I thought you were a girl :confused:

KrcTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Taylor, TX

That cracked me up. Lol

As for my name it is my initials "KRC" and the Trooper portion has multiple meanings. I have enjoyed countless opportunities to work with some Tx State Troopers that I respect a great deal, and I plan to apply with DPS once I finish my wonderful college career. Trooper was also a nickname I was given by my grandfather when I brought in a dove I had killed with my pellet gun when I was young and he was quite impressed. I respected him very much so I have always liked the name even though nobody else has ever used it.

Stuck-n- CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    I'm stuck in CA for the foreseeable future. Born and Raised in San Antonio but came to CA 21 years ago for a temporary job and haven't yet made it back. Almost have the wife convinced to move back to the Austin area.

Good news is I will be in for opening day next weekend. Bad news is I have to get the non-resident license. At least I get to spend the weekend hunting with my son.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Pretty self explanatory... But I'm one of the good Yankees... Like ones that fought the British and said GTFO, not the 21st century little bitches.

I relate Texas to Sparta... And New England to boy lovers (insert cool 300 manly accent here) and the Muslim extremist trying to take over the world to... Well you know.

This is Texas...

We need a pit.

Last edited:

Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    Don't give up on Texas....

I'm stuck in CA for the foreseeable future. Born and Raised in San Antonio but came to CA 21 years ago for a temporary job and haven't yet made it back. Almost have the wife convinced to move back to the Austin area.

Good news is I will be in for opening day next weekend. Bad news is I have to get the non-resident license. At least I get to spend the weekend hunting with my son.

Not knowing your profession, the Eagle-Ford Shale play has numerous craft-professional jobs available. From Kennedy up to the Gonzales area and then within the Houston energy corridor.

Austin has a few of those high tech, engineering jobs as well and San Antonio also.

Anyways just trying to be encouraging. Enjoy your hunt with your son.

They will soon enough become beer drinking story telling tales lol...

Stuck-n- CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Not knowing your profession, the Eagle-Ford Shale play has numerous craft-professional jobs available. From Kennedy up to the Gonzales area and then within the Houston energy corridor.

Austin has a few of those high tech, engineering jobs as well and San Antonio also.

Anyways just trying to be encouraging. Enjoy your hunt with your son.

They will soon enough become beer drinking story telling tales lol...
    Appreciate the heads up but my niche is unfortunately much uglier and dirtier ;). CFO for a bunch of lawyers. Been in the industry for 20 years and it has done good by me.

The beer drinking story telling has already begun. At least for this weekend.

Good luck to all the hunters this season.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom