What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Ain't pretty, but it works

Attachments

• IMG_2292.JPG
      IMG_2292.JPG
      1.2 MB · Views: 154

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Got bored and mounted my trimmer to a nice piece of pine so I can clamp it to my bench. Counter sunk in some T Nuts, I really need some forstner bits for that type of stuff.
    Ain't pretty, but it works
    Very nice. Only problem is that the shavings can still fly up and out.

When I trim a bunch of cases I cut the top off a water bottle that sits over the cutter to stop the shavings so they can fall straight down. Slide the drinking hole over the cutter rod if that makes sense.

May not be an issue you are too concerned about though. Your setup will catch most of them.

Look at the Vice Grips to get an idea of what I am describing.
    a61c92554b8579658809c5d104335c39.jpg

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Very nice. Only problem is that the shavings can still fly up and out.

When I trim a bunch of cases I cut the top off a water bottle that sits over the cutter to stop the shavings so they can fall straight down. Slide the drinking hole over the cutter rod if that makes sense.

May not be an issue you are too concerned about though. Your setup will catch most of them.

Look at the Vice Grips to get an idea of what I am describing. View attachment 158736

I may have to look into something similar, honestly if I get most of it I'm happy.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Switched the small primer 650 over to 9mm and loaded 400 competition rounds. Then swapped seats and started casting some .45 ACP bullets. RCBS 201-KT, which actually weigh right at 210 grs.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I push against the case and the bullet doesn’t budge!

I really wanted to try them out today but I’m trying to beat a head cold before I go to Dallas to see my Aunt. The family hasn’t seen her in a year.

Please don’t forget the old folks in your lives!

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I stood in front of my benches and decided I need to clean up! What a mess! Of course, I didn't, yet!
    We've all been there.

I got 1300 lpp 45s deprimed and have 800 of them reprimed between last night and this morning. Quit because my hand hurt. Will finish sh the rest after work tomorrow.

Still have to size 350 spp 45 and then I'll prime them. Going to load them a little hotter though and maybe use HAP bullets instead of the powder coated bullets.

Anyone ever use small mag primers for small pocket 45s?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

fstfrd00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    North Texas
    A few months back, I replaced my work bench. Halloween,Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas.... my garage is a mess with decorations. So nothing.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When I bought my 458 brass, I could have sworn my manual said to use LR primers. Then after plowing through the 458 website fir a couple days, then looking at another manual, it takes LP Magnum primers.

So I popped off the primed cases so I can load them properly. I stuck the end of the barrel in a mop. My wife thought I was shooting my air rifle.

50 pops later I'm ready to load some more 458. I love shooting that gun.

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    When I bought my 458 brass, I could have sworn my manual said to use LR primers. Then after plowing through the 458 website fir a couple days, then looking at another manual, it tAkes LP
    Magnum primers.

So I popped off the primer cases so I can load them properly. I stuck the end of the barrel in a mop. My wife thought I was shooting my air rifle.

Why not just deprime them and use the LR primers elsewhere?

I had a similar problem loading 460 s&w for my brother in law. I came across an article saying they had blown some large mag pistol primers so they had switched the round to use large mag rifle primers. Sounded legit.bi loaded him 50 with rifle primers but a few months later we were talking and he told me he had a bunch fail to go off on the first strike. Switched over to pistol and he hasn't had any trouble with them.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    When I bought my 458 brass, I could have sworn my manual said to use LR primers. Then after plowing through the 458 website fir a couple days, then looking at another manual, it tAkes LP
    Magnum primers.

So I popped off the primer cases so I can load them properly. I stuck the end of the barrel in a mop. My wife thought I was shooting my air rifle.

A lot less recoil that way.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Why not just deprime them and use the LR primers elsewhere?

I had a similar problem loading 460 s&w for my brother in law. I came across an article saying they had blown some large mag pistol primers so they had switched the round to use large mag rifle primers. Sounded legit.bi loaded him 50 with rifle primers but a few months later we were talking and he told me he had a bunch fail to go off on the first strike. Switched over to pistol and he hasn't had any trouble with them.

Can you resize / deprime a live primer? I've never done it in 30ish years of reloading.

Top Bottom