• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I think we are a better chance of independent winning than ever. You got conservatives pissed at the GOP/Big Con grift and you got moderate Dems/independents who don’t like mean tweets. It would actually probably throw off their algorithms and they would rather let a GOP win instead of an independent. Both parties are polarizing the middle 1/2, divisive and neither want represented lower class.
    Shit in one hand .....
    Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Trump's ego won't let him say out of the limelight during the upcoming election, despite the fact he'll do more harm than good.

He was an effective president, and far better than what we have right now; but he would have been a great one had he learned to keep his mouth shut!

Contrary to his belief, this country isn't entirely made up of ignorant dipshits who think he's a demigod!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Remember he's no conservative. No more than Tulsi Gabbert is, she is evolving much like he has done on many issues, trust her yet? . He is a counter punching capitalist. He can be pushed far right. I still don't trust him for some reason.

Bump stocks?

We will all be voting for him in the general but I think there are much better younger more electable candidates.

Think past the primary to a national general election.

His negatives are Hillary Clinton like in scope. He's done.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Trouble is, during the primaries he'll throw out enough attacks to give the left all the soundbites they need to undermine the actual candidate.
    The problem is he'll probably be spot on with most of the attacks... Trump is not a "conservative" but does seem to be pro-freedom and pre-constitution (more so than anyone else running at this point).

I'm really interested to see what will happen.

Does his nomination of constitutional judges counter his support for the now overturned bumpstock ban? I think so. Once you start listing the cases that have been moving us towards true 2a freedom that were a dire t result of the judges he nominated I think we are leaps and bounds ahead of were we were in Jan 19, 2016.

Again, I am really interested to see what happens in this election.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I think we are a better chance of independent winning than ever. You got conservatives pissed at the GOP/Big Con grift and you got moderate Dems/independents who don’t like mean tweets. It would actually probably throw off their algorithms and they would rather let a GOP win instead of an independent. Both parties are polarizing the middle 1/2, divisive and neither want represented lower class.
    I don’t think this increases the chance of an independent winning, because these groups will be wanting entirely different candidates to win.

there are two problems with the “middle 1/2” or “moderates”. The first one is that nobody truly knows what is considered to be moderate. The other problem is that candidates who try to appeal to too many groups of people end up not appealing to any of them.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The problem is he'll probably be spot on with most of the attacks... Trump is not a "conservative" but does seem to be pro-freedom and pre-constitution (more so than anyone else running at this point).

I'm really interested to see what will happen.

Does his nomination of constitutional judges counter his support for the now overturned bumpstock ban? I think so. Once you start listing the cases that have been moving us towards true 2a freedom that were a dire t result of the judges he nominated I think we are leaps and bounds ahead of were we were in Jan 19, 2016.

Again, I am really interested to see what happens in this election.

Trump can not, and never has been able to be counted on to be pro freedom. He was a supporter of red flag laws and it was one of his judges that first upheld the bumpstock ban. He did a lot of good things as POTUS, but he knows how to pander as good as any of them.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I don’t think this increases the chance of an independent winning, because these groups will be wanting entirely different candidates to win.

there are two problems with the “middle 1/2” or “moderates”. The first one is that nobody truly knows what is considered to be moderate. The other problem is that candidates who try to appeal to too many groups of people end up not appealing to any of them.
    I think the middle ground has shrunk considerably, given the polarization we see in this country.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Trump can not, and never has been able to be counted on to be pro freedom. He was a supporter of red flag laws and it was one of his judges that first upheld the bumpstock ban. He did a lot of good things as POTUS, but he knows how to pander as good as any of them.
    Capitalists are by nature pro freedom... he still has work to do to expand the freedoms he understands, but he is hardly anti-gun and even if he was, he appointed enough constitution following judges that he could personally support about anything and I'd take him if only for the justices whose direct effects will last decades and whose legacy perhaps centuries...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I think the middle ground has shrunk considerably, given the polarization we see in this country.
    I honestly think it’s just a term the left came up with to try to convince the right to move more to the left. It’s hard for me to think we were really ever more united than we are now. We had the revolutionary and civil wars, as well as the 1960s race riots just to name a few. Maybe people are more open about their true views because of social media. I’ve never heard anyone refer to themselves as left or right wing extremists. It’s always people with opposing views who are the extremists.
    Capitalists are by nature pro freedom... he still has work to do to expand the freedoms he understands, but he is hardly anti-gun and even if he was, he appointed enough constitution following judges that he could personally support about anything and I'd take him if only for the justices whose direct effects will last decades and whose legacy perhaps centuries...

If he is hardly anti gun, then why were the only times he ever mentioned guns as POTUS when he was talking about gun control? He did a lot of good when it came to foreign policy, and exposing government corruption, but he campaigned on gun rights to get the support, then like every other politician, quit caring about them.

His judges are not always on the same sides of things, although I’m not sure it’s ever any different. I have no problem with crediting him/his judges for the good, but im not going to give them a free pass on the bad.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ross Perot got 19 percent if the vote. Clinton got 44 percent Bush got about 37 percent.

A third party gives you a president no one wanted. The worst possible outcome. Only 44 million people voted for Clinton.

Without Perot it would have been a sound victory for Bush. Not the worst possible outcome.

If Trump runs 3rd party he will do the same thing and worse, probably ruin a probable senate take over and expansion of the house majority that almost everyone predicts based on who's up for reelection then.

Pragmatic critical thinking demands you ensure the worst possible outcome doesn't come to pass. Unfortunately for us that is solely in the hands of an ego maniac who's time has past. He needs to get out of politics and quit running his hand picked candidates. That lost us the senate this year.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

You do not understand. If an elected official does not agree with me 100% and does EVERYTHING just the way I want, I will trash them.

And I am not even sure if there is any sarcasm there. Most people today seem to be in this mode.

Trump did some things I did not like. But on the whole, his administration had many good to great accomplishments. So on the whole I view his term favorably.

However, I do not want to see him run again. If he couldn't win in 2020, he won't in 2024.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    We will all be voting for him in the general but I think there are much better younger more electable candidates.
    I'm guessing you meant, "if he gets the nomination", but problem is I think he will regardless, and all the conservative opposition to him leading up to the nomination and the election will just decrease his chances of beating the Democratic nominee...

I don't love Trump... In fact I loathed him prior to his nomination in 2016, and claimed Never Trump until I caved and voted for him on election day.

Trump loves Trump, and needs to be loved by others... I think that if the left had loved him, he could have been a happy leftist (and to some degree he is), but instead he got what love he needed from conservatives, not necessarily Republicans. I might wish there was a better candidate, but I'm just not seeing them. It would probably be someone smart enough to not want the job, unlike Trump who does want it, and the more he wants it, the more the left wants to stop him, the more they push him in our direction. I think that makes him a tool, but he is a tool in our hands more than some candidate, like Desantis, who is less dependent and really in it more for political reasons than Trump, who is in it for personal reasons (his narcissism) and now for payback for his being mistreated.

Right now, I can identify with personal reasons and wanting payback, and I still don't have to like Trump...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    You do not understand. If an elected official does not agree with me 100% and does EVERYTHING just the way I want, I will trash them.

And I am not even sure if there is any sarcasm there. Most people today seem to be in this mode.

Trump did some things I did not like. But on the whole, his administration had many good to great accomplishments. So on the whole I view his term favorably.

However, I do not want to see him run again. If he couldn't win in 2020, he won't in 2024.
    I can’t speak for others, but for me personally, I don’t have to like everything they do just like everyone isn’t going to like everythjng I do. However, I’m pretty firm when it comes to infringing on rights. But not approving of trump doing it doesn’t mean I’m ok with other politicians doing it. I also personally think people have a better idea of how self serving politicians are than in the past, probably due to technology making information more available.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can’t speak for others, but for me personally, I don’t have to like everything they do just like everyone isn’t going to like everythjng I do. However, I’m pretty firm when it comes to infringing on rights. But not approving of trump doing it doesn’t mean I’m ok with other politicians doing it. I also personally think people have a better idea of how self serving politicians are than in the past, probably due to technology making information more available.
    most politicians are corrupt and dishonest regardless of the party they belong to!

Top Bottom