Hurley's Gold

The Government is "Shut Down" and My Life Is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    zincwrrior,

Despite your sarcastic/off-point remark, COULD YOU have in any time/place supported Hillary ROTTEN Clinton rather than President Trump??

While Jerod & Ivanka may NOT be the best negotiators, at least they are both PRO-USA, which NONE of the DIMocRATS are in 2019. Further, DJT's kids seem capable of learning & the stinky little DIMs seem to learn nothing from their real-world experiences.

yours, satx
    I agree. No Dimirat could have negotiate d the shutdown like they did.
    DK Firearms

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

OK. Now would you at least TRY to directly answer the question that I asked with a simple: YES or NO??

yours, satx

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    WT_Foxtrot,

Moreover DJT was once a Democrat, when the DP were actually Democrats & democratic, rather than a HARD LEFT-dominated coven of crooks, creeps, weirdos & NUTS.

yours, satx

In other words, DJT is a perfect fit for the modern GOP.....

I voted for Trump because I knew he would disrupt the status quo enough to slow down federal creep into more of our lives and drive the crazy and corrupt into the open. As far as I'm concerned, mission accomplished.

Was anyone here REALLY expecting FEDGOV to solve all the nation's problems?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Interesting, I looked into the Co. that was paid to hire more border patrol people. Seem like the Co. Is a big headhunter/consultant (contract employee) out fit for ferderal gov. at all levels, basically called a body shop. Lots of green card gov. workers that were furlowed. Provide IT for the gov.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

SORRY but nobody here is FOOLED by your generally lame attempts to avoid answering direct questions (and not just questions by me) that show that you "know NOT & know not that you know NOT" and/or try to avoid admitting that your opinions are fact-free, wrong & "wrong-headed", too.

Laughing AT your latest attempt to avoid answering with a YES or NO answer, as to whether you would have ever even considered supporting Hillary over President Trump.

yours, satx

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I agree. I don't see how one could think ill of our President. He brings the A Team of Ivanka and Jerod Kushner as expert world class negotiators. I know some have said he has financial ties to the Saudis and Russians but we know Jerod is the real deal.

I really like the way you cynicise (Yes, it is a verb now) Trump's inner circle.

It's abysmally sorrowful that many of us feel Trump's only really praisable attribute is that "He was better than Hillary".

A sentiment, I suspect, shared by most moderate GOP voters.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I really like the way you cynicise (Yes, it is a verb now) Trump's inner circle.

It's abysmally sorrowful that many of us feel Trump's only really praisable attribute is that "He was better than Hillary".

A sentiment shared by most moderate GOP voters.
    What is many? (fake news)

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While Jerod & Ivanka may NOT be the best negotiators, at least they are both PRO-USA, which NONE of the DIMocRATS are ....

Too fatuous an utterance to even debate.

“but I really feel that working with Democrats and Republicans, we can make a truly great and secure deal happen for everyone.”

Donald Trump
    Rose Garden
    January 25, 2019

Self professed deal-maker that he is.....I trust he will stick to his word.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Too fatuous an utterance to even debate.

“but I really feel that working with Democrats and Republicans, we can make a truly great and secure deal happen for everyone.”

Donald Trump
    Rose Garden
    January 25, 2019

Self professed deal-maker that he is.....I trust he will stick to his word.

HKShooter,

OH REALLY?? - IF you believe that it's "fatuous", explain WHY you believe that, PLEASE.

Do you really doubt that "Nanny" Pelosi, "Chuckie" Schumer, "Little Dickie" Durbin & other DIMocRATS of their ilk wouldn't sell-out our USA "to the highest bidder" for another bit of PERSONAL POWER and/or MONEY??
    (I do NOT doubt that they would sell-out the Republic for a single second.)

yours, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    zincwarrior,

SORRY but nobody here is FOOLED by your generally lame attempts to avoid answering direct questions (and not just questions by me) that show that you "know NOT & know not that you know NOT" and/or try to avoid admitting that your opinions are fact-free, wrong & "wrong-headed", too.

Laughing AT your latest attempt to avoid answering with a YES or NO answer, as to whether you would have ever even considered supporting Hillary over President Trump.

yours, satx
    All you have to do is use correct grammar and punctuation. If your average high school student can do it you can!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    All you have to do is use correct grammar and punctuation. If your average high school student can do it you can!

zincwarrior,

I write to suit me & me alone. - IF it really bothers you that much, I suggest you don't read my posts & just "scroll on by".
    I promise that I won't miss your evasions & silliness in "majoring on the minors" for even one minute.

As an old grad school prof of mine used to say, "Those who constantly talk about 'form' rather than 'comment thoughtfully on content' are trying to cover up their own sense of inadequate academic preparation and/or their inability to think critically".
    (Fyi, my dissertation committee thought that my research was sound & that my writing was "somewhat eccentric" but "fully acceptable".)

Frankly, I believe that you are unable or unwilling to admit when you are wrong & try to cover-up your ignorance/mistakes with what I call: "avoiding a succinct & thoughtful answer", trying to change the subject and/or resorting to posting obvious BILGEWATER.

just my opinion, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

In 2018-19 school year, the average HS student is barely semi-literate & cannot accurately add/subtract/multiply/divide, write in cursive/longhand and/or even balance their own checkbook.
    (The average HS senior is so culturally ignorant that about half of them don't know what CENTURY that WWII was fought in.)

I've had to MUCH simplify my lectures, that I present to HS classes for the TX Master Naturalists, as the students are so ignorant that even simple concepts are "over their empty heads". = Many of the students are so ill-prepared that they would be "over their head" in a mud-puddle.

It must also be said that most of their teachers seem to be as EMPTY between the ears as the students are.

Otoh, they know all the latest gossip about "celebrities", who are as ignorant & foolish as the HS students are.

We are raising a generation of DUNCES.

yours, satx

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Must be a different government I worked for when I was furloughed. I was able to collect unemployment, which was no where near as much as I was making and which I had to pay taxes on. There was no pay or back pay other than that. Time in service was the only thing that counted.
    I had this thing called savings to ride out the any rough spots. I liked my paid vacations.

Top Bottom