Military Camp

The Government is "Shut Down" and My Life Is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Last edited:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Well you are assuming the Repubicans in Congress wanted a wall. Most never did. Let's not forget the GOP did not want DT either. The GOP is lucky the DNC is in more disarray than they are.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

This exactly. People forget that the GOP establishment (probably at least a third) not only didn't want Trump as the nominee, but fought against him in the general and have ever since he won right along with Chuck and Nancy and the rest of them. Think all the Bushes, McCain, Romney, Corker, Flake, Koch brothers, all the RINOs at the National Review, Kasich, scores of others......and even Cruz.

Someone said to me recently how he wished a third-party candidate would get into the White House. I politely reminded me that one has.....Donald Trump. The (R) behind his name notwithstanding.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    WT_Foxtrot,

Moreover DJT was once a Democrat, when the DP were actually Democrats & democratic, rather than a HARD LEFT-dominated coven of crooks, creeps, weirdos & NUTS.

I easily foresee the day when the DIMocRATS are a THIRD PARTY & UNABLE to win anyplace outside of the major cities. = The farther LEFT that the DIMs go, the less that they can relate to us "ordinary voters" & even my friends, who are "yellow dog Democrats", are LEAVING the party by the thousands every month to be committed INDEPENDENTS. = Those former DP "regulars" won't be back, either.

yours, satx

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am shocked you would say that. Gary Cohn, Wilbur Ross, Tom Price , and Scarramucci are the best people.

We elect a 21st century Vito Corleone analog and then feign surprised at what we get???

Trump was (is) a registered NYC democrat. Not GOP or pro-2A until he saw personal benefit in being so.

Interesting article about how out of touch an ultraprivleged old billionaire really is:
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/trump-grocery-stores-paul-ryan-narrative.html

He has scant insight into our southern border and has no acumen into real life Texas gun owners until it benefits him to appear to have such.

Though he is our President so we must wish him success.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    HKShooter,

President Trump, like so many MILLIONS of other loyal Americans, LEFT the LEFTIST, American-HATING DIMocRATS, when he could no longer support the policies of the increasingly horrid DIMs.

I'm shocked that you don't seem to understand that.

Ronald Reagan was also a former Democrat who "got out of" the DIMocRATS Party, was once a NEW DEAL believer & a UNION PRESIDENT, too at one time.

yours, satx

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    HKShooter,

President Trump, like so many MILLIONS of other loyal Americans, LEFT the LEFTIST, American-HATING DIMocRATS, when he could no longer support the policies of the increasingly horrid DIMs.

Ronald Reagan was also a former Democrat who "got out of" the DIMocRATS Party, was once a NEW DEAL believer & a UNION PRESIDENT, too at one time.

yours, satx

"Trump was a registered Democrat" is just HKS's current mantra. I guess it's slightly less annoying then him mentioning going into the hot tub in every thread.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    benenglish,

Perhaps TRUE but he seems (unlike the DIMocRATS) to be at least "disinterested in supporting" any so-called "gun control legislation".

Is the POTUS as conservative as I would prefer?
    NO. he is NOT but he is 100X better than 99% of current national politicians.

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan: It's hard to find any person who supports everything that I do but if he supports 80% of my issues, he is preferable to those who support none of my aims.

yours, satx

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hey, I thought Ronald Reagan was a good president and I supported most of what he did. It just bugs the hell outta me that he was so lousy when it came to 2A issues.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Agreed. Good thing he brought in a bunch of guys from Wall Street. If anyone knows how to drain the swamp it's Roger Stone and Wall Street!
    Ha , I see what you did there. Pretty witty for a nevertrumper. I am impressed.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    HKShooter,

Yes. Cool.

Some here are now realizing why maybe we should back lying-Ted Cruz for 2020, as I knew in 2016.
    He understands gun ownership and the realities of our border situation.

That, I do understand.

Bye.
    .17HMR, .204 and 375 H&H in the truck to shoot in an hour.
    Covering the extremes?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    HKShooter,

Feel FREE to support Ted Cruz as the GOP candidate for POTUS in 2024, i.e., just before President Trump completes his 2nd term on 20JAN25.

yours, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    HKShooter,

yours, satx
    I agree. I don't see how one could think ill of our President. He brings the A Team of Ivanka and Jerod Kushner as expert world class negotiators. I know some have said he has financial ties to the Saudis and Russians but we know Jerod is the real deal.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Hey, I thought Ronald Reagan was a good president and I supported most of what he did. It just bugs the hell outta me that he was so lousy when it came to 2A issues.

He was also crap for gun rights. The Mulford Act and the Hughes Amendment come to mind.

And he also single-handedly killed the US's domestic oil exploration in the mid 80's ... an unintended consequence of his reduction in the marginal tax rate in '82.

Not that I disagree with reducing taxes ... it's just that, like the government's involvement in healthcare since the end of WWII by giving corporate tax breaks to corporations for employee benefits, using the tax code to solve societal problems is a balloon, that when pushed, pooches out in unexpected places.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I agree. I don't see how one could think ill of our President. He brings the A Team of Ivanka and Jerod Kushner as expert world class negotiators. I know some have said he has financial ties to the Saudis and Russians but we know Jerod is the real deal.

zincwrrior,

Despite your sarcastic/off-point remark, COULD YOU have in any time/place supported Hillary ROTTEN Clinton rather than President Trump??

While Jerod & Ivanka may NOT be the best negotiators, at least they are both PRO-USA, which NONE of the DIMocRATS are in 2019. Further, DJT's kids seem capable of learning & the stinky little DIMs seem to learn nothing from their real-world experiences.

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom