The Government is "Shut Down" and My Life Is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    The news conference I watched stated the shutdown was over for 3 weeks.
    His last sentence was something to the effect that if they couldn't work out shit with the wall, then he would use his "power" to get it done, can't expand on that any further.

I don't think the wall will ever be built. The democraps are against anything that Trump wants and he will not be able to do it by executive power. When he tries to do that the democraps will file suits to stop it and they will keep it tied up in court for as long as it takes.

I hope that I am wrong.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I don't think the wall will ever be built. The democraps are against anything that Trump wants and he will not be able to do it by executive power. When he tries to do that the democraps will file suits to stop it and they will keep it tied up in court for as long as it takes.

I hope that I am wrong.

The border wall will be built, wherever the experts at the USBP and/or ICE say that it is necessary in the next year, regardless of what the DIMocRATS & the MORON LEFT say/don't say.

That you can take to the bank.

yours, satx

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    roadrunner,
    Indeed he did & I'm DISGUSTED.

The border wall will be built, wherever the experts at the USBP and/or ICE say that it is necessary in the next year, regardless of what the DIMocRATS & the MORON LEFT say/don't say.

yours, satx

Nah.
    No need to be disgusted.
    He's just playing the high stakes political poker.

His base was seriously eroding.
    Six GOP Senate votes yesterday went with the Dems.
    Air travel was being perceived, likely correctly, as becoming less safe and efficient.

800,000 employees without another paychech was a national debacle of Trumpian proportion that was about to massively turn his base against him and our GOP congressional leaders were getting pretty fed up with our POTUS.
    "The Wall" as he sold it in his campaign was just an ill conceived sound bite and 5.7 billion was a nonsensical whimsical number made up on the fly at some rally.
    Both sides know we need a better physical barrier to the south. Enough with the word "Wall" already.

We need border construction, border security, border personnel, border technology, border courts and judges, border immigrant health care, border humanitarian relief......and on and on.

The "Crisis" was mostly a manipulative political confabulation, but our southern border needs a lot of attention. That's been true for longer than any of us have been alive, eh?

ya, ya, ya '247.
    I'm again 100% wrong but most Americans know I speak the truth.
    He did finally "Man-Up" as I've insisted, though only when he knew he was loosing badly.

NOW!!!!!!
    The Dems had damn well better work with him.
    They are overwhelming bright and motivated and devoted.
    Time for them to man-up and woman-up as they were elected to do.

H

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Does this give you sufficient insight into the processes?
    Thanks Ben, it definitely gives me insight, but also triggers my curiosity even more ;) I am kind of a data science geek, getting an opportunity to see those algos would literally be like being a kid in a candy store. To be honest I'm a lot more interested in the science and thought process behind them than what they ultimately do, it plays to my "have to know how everything works" propensities. I always want to know what's in the black box, and love to figure out what goes on between what goes in and what comes out.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Nah.
    He's just playing the high stakes political poker.

His base was seriously eroding.
    Six GOP Senate votes yesterday went with the Dems.
    Air travel was being perceived, likely correctly, as becoming less safe and efficient.

"The Wall" as he sold it in his campaign was just an ill conceived sound bite and 5.7 billion was a nonsensical whimsical number made up on the fly at some rally.

Both sides know we need a better physical barrier to the south. Enough with the word "Wall" already.

We need border construction, border technology, border courts and judges, border immigrant health care, border humanitarian relief......and on and on.

800,000 employees without another paychech was a national debacle of Trumpian proportion that was about to massively turn his base against him and our GOP congressional leaders were getting pretty fed up with our POTUS.

ya, ya, ya '247.
    I'm again 100% wrong but most Americans know I speak the truth.
    He did finally "Man-Up" as I've insisted, though only when he knew he was loosing badly.

NOW!!!!!!
    The Dems had damn well better work with him.
    They are overwhelming bright and motivated and devoted.

H
    Which democrats are you referring to? It's not really the wall they are opposing, it's Trump.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Which democrats are you referring to? It's not really the wall they are opposing, it's Trump.

Remind me again which party had a majority in both houses for the last two years, and the oval office and as soon as that advantage is lost, he tries to play poker holding nothing but his ass?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Remind me again which party had a majority in both houses for the last two years, and the oval office and as soon as that advantage is lost, he tries to play poker holding nothing but his ass?
    He's fighting the whole swamp.
    Not just nancy and chucky.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ummm....

We've pummeled the perished equine quadruped enough.

Dems?
    Opposed his method of holding 800,000 Americans hostage.
    Never negotiate with a kidnapper was their M.O. I got that.

Let's move to the next round.
    Let's encourage both sides to work on our border.

Please
    We should be celebrating rather than sulking morosely.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

kar98,

The POTUS couldn't get the border wall passed because of the STUPIDITY, DISHONESTY & BULLHEADEDNESS of the DIMocRATS in the Senate. = NOBODY except another DIMocRAT President could get 60 votes in the Senate.

The DIMs would "sell the country out" to the highest bidder to defeat Donald Trump. = FACT.
    End of story.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Dems?
    Opposing his method of holding 800,000 Americans hostage.
    Never negotiate with a kidnapper.

Please

HKShooter,

IF Donald Trump was still a DIMocRAT and the POTUS, he would be acclaimed a GENIUS by the same DIMocRAT scum that now are 100% against ANYTHING that he favors. = 99% of the current DIMs are UNFIT to hold any public office that requires HONESTY or even COMMON DECENCY.

yours, satx

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Never negotiate with a kidnapper.

Nope.

By law, Congress is required to send an Appropriations bill to the president prior to the end of the fiscal year, or prior to the previous funding bill expires.

Ever shutdown begins with Congress (both houses) not doing what they are required by law to do.

If Congress (as a whole) is going to abdicate their responsibility to the law, they can’t make a stand on principles, so they can go have carnal knowledge of themselves.

If Congress disagrees with the President’s proposed budget, there’s a process to send a bill, get it vetoed, and then override it.

But that would require Congress did something.

All today ‘proved’ is the D contingent in both houses of Congress is more willing to act as a unified party than the Rs.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Ummm....

Dems?
    Opposed his method of holding 800,000 Americans hostage.
    Never negotiate with a kidnapper was their M.O. I got that.

Please
    We should be celebrating rather than sulking morosely.
    Instead of just getting information from the surface (The issues of today as told by the MSM), you should dig a little. If Trump was a typical republican politician then the democrats would know that they could manipulate enough towards there own agenda. Trump is anything but a typical politician and that has thrown the proverbial monkey wrench into the works. The democrats want to bring down the government as we know it and they've demonstrated that by their lack of concern.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am kind of a data science geek, getting an opportunity to see those algos would literally be like being a kid in a candy store.
    The algos actually exist in human-readable form only in a LEM. Law Enforcement Manuals are not FOIA-accessible.

If you want to know what can be gleaned from TCMP, you need to look into the work produced by the SOI office. The Statistics of Income documents are huge. They are the data plugged into the algorithms that generate the DIF scores.

However, I could be full of it. I'm sure there are web pages out there where data geeks have devoted their lives to understanding the DIFs and how they're generated. I'm sure some of them know more than I ever will.

Personally, I don't care enough to jump into all that. After all, if I were really curious, I know a couple of people I could call. :)

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Well you are assuming the Repubicans in Congress wanted a wall. Most never did. Let's not forget the GOP did not want DT either. The GOP is lucky the DNC is in more disarray than they are.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    6.jpg

A couple of my hard core Trump-supporter-buddies are pretty distraught.

I'm trying to reassure them.
    Things will be OK.

The sun will still (probably) come up tomorrow.

Trump will win the end game.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      66.3 KB · Views: 333
    Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne