Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Instructor that gets it.
    screenshot.2014-12-161.jpg

No.

LMAO!

No explanation needed, no explanation given.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    No.

LMAO!

No explanation needed, no explanation given.

Remind you of anything else?

To the U.S.A. Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne.
    The fortune of war is changing. This time the U.S.A. forces in and near Bastogne have been encircled by strong German armored units. More German armored units have crossed the river Our near Ortheuville, have taken Marche and reached St. Hubert by passing through Hompre-Sibret-Tillet. Libramont is in German hands.
    There is only one possibility to save the encircled U.S.A. troops from total annihilation: that is the honorable surrender of the encircled town. In order to think it over a term of two hours will be granted beginning with the presentation of this note.
    If this proposal should be rejected one German Artillery Corps and six heavy A. A. Battalions are ready to annihilate the U.S.A. troops in and near Bastogne. The order for firing will be given immediately after this two hours term.
    All the serious civilian losses caused by this artillery fire would not correspond with the well-known American humanity.
    The German Commander.

To the German Commander.
    NUTS!
    The American Commander

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Remind you of anything else?

Funny.

I knew exactly where you were going with that before I read the rest of your post.

Sometimes the best response is the simplest.

Kind of like when I respond "K" to someone who sends me a long drawn out text explaining why they f'kd something up instead of manning up and calling me.

They know I got their message but bur they have no idea what my reaction will be.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Do you have an example of this you can cite?

Seeing their insistence that allegations of voter fraud in the last two elections are labeled as FALSE, and not "Partly True", was enough to make them suspect in my book.

[h=1]“I have yet to see a piece of writing, political or non-political, that does not have a slant. All writing slants the way a writer leans, and no man is born perpendicular.”[/h]E.B White

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Perhaps on some things they really do good fact checking but I constantly see them referenced when people are trying to discredit "conspiracy theories". In that respect they have severe bias that shows through and never really do even close to good job of fact checking. They also tend to have a left leaning bias on other subjects from what I've seen. Not that I spend alot of time on there, only when it's linked to me.
    I use SNOPES often: They are clearly left of center. If the piece is true and is right of center you can bet their response will be wishy-washy. That said IF you use SNOPES I would certainly validate with another source and if it does not jive with SNOPES go to a 3rd source. I have done that many times and found SNOPES is not always call it honestly...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Snopes is two people. A husband and wife. Both liberal activists.
    Yep, they definitely have their bias. I think it's important to understand someone's bias when digesting information from them. It doesn't necessarily make them right or wrong, but you need to keep it in mind while forming your own opinion. For example, rush likes infowars and his tin foil is too tight, so that bias colors his perspective on snopes ;)

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Yep, they definitely have their bias. I think it's important to understand someone's bias when digesting information from them. It doesn't necessarily make them right or wrong, but you need to keep it in mind while forming your own opinion. For example, rush likes infowars and his tin foil is too tight, so that bias colors his perspective on snopes ;)

It's not that I like infowars. I have been a conspiracy nut since well before I even found out about infowars. They happen to espouse alot of views on things/events that I for the most part already held. And I try not to just take their word for it. I try and do my own research and follow the clue trail to confirm (or in some rare cases deny) what they espouse and it ain't always their clue trail. Just saying, I know you weren't trying to straight up attack me, but thought I would clarify.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's not that I like infowars. I have been a conspiracy nut since well before I even found out about infowars. They happen to espouse alot of views on things/events that I for the most part already held. And I try not to just take their word for it. I try and do my own research and follow the clue trail to confirm (or in some rare cases deny) what they espouse and it ain't always their clue trail.
    Dude, you like infowars. It is OK.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Dude, you like infowars. It is OK.

Sorry I like to overexplain things (in case you haven't noticed) and just plain ramble :D

Also to clarify I will admit I have a bias, a bias that alot people in power get corrupted and become straight up evil and that evil is capable of a level of organization that most have a hard time grasping.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Im not sure what Alex Jones is really up to. Hey speaking of that...have you been to Brave New Books in Austin?

Of course. I'm listening to the radio show that Harland, the owner, does right now (called the Cryptoshow, about bitcoin and Anarcho-capitalism). I always like to joke that he is setup in the belly of the beast, Jamie Dimon's basement (he's right underneath a Chase bank).

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Of course. I'm listening to the radio show that Harland, the owner, does right now (called the Cryptoshow, about bitcoin and Anarcho-capitalism). I always like to joke that he is setup in the belly of the beast, Jamie Dimon's basement (he's right underneath a Chase bank).
    Nice. Cool store and I definitely enjoy some subversive literature.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Nice. Cool store and I definitely enjoy some subversive literature.

God speaking of Dimon, when spellchecking his name on google I just came across an article from yesterday that I'm going to have to post in the Ominibus bill thread. And yes that store is awesome, I've been so tempted on several occasions to invest in a bitcoin miner. I usually go there for supplements though.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Top Bottom