• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Both of the offenders in that video are F$^%$#4y COWARDS!!!! not only once but twice they hit the older guy when he wasn't looking!!!!!!!!!! We are not sure or what the disagreement was about, but we do know they are F%$#%&$* COWARDS!!!!!

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Instructor that gets it.
    screenshot.2014-12-161.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Exactly what makes Snopes such a self-righteous authority on fact from fiction? Freaking hate those assholes.
    They actually do a little fact-checking. Not much, mind you, but they're still miles ahead of social media and a definite cut above the mainstream media, basically because they have the luxury of taking some time to really examine a topic before posting one of their essays. They're not perfect but they do a better job than most media.

I don't get where the hate comes from nor the characterization as "assholes". Did they really screw up on something you had knowledge of or is there another reason you don't like them?

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    They actually do a little fact-checking. Not much, mind you, but they're still miles ahead of social media and a definite cut above the mainstream media, basically because they have the luxury of taking some time to really examine a topic before posting one of their essays. They're not perfect but they do a better job than most media.

I don't get where the hate comes from nor the characterization as "assholes". Did they really screw up on something you had knowledge of or is there another reason you don't like them?

Perhaps on some things they really do good fact checking but I constantly see them referenced when people are trying to discredit "conspiracy theories". In that respect they have severe bias that shows through and never really do even close to good job of fact checking. They also tend to have a left leaning bias on other subjects from what I've seen. Not that I spend alot of time on there, only when it's linked to me.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'll make a point of reading more critically, with an eye to recognizing bias, when I use their site in the future. Thanks for the new perspective.

Top Bottom