Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Truly sad.

I have to agree with some others, I have trouble believing there is not more to this story.
    Guns International

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    One thing that doesn't make sense is that PTSD isn't a known cause of violent tendencies. It's easy to say, "oh, he had PTSD and just snapped." The thing is, when someone with PTSD "snaps", they commit suicide. PTSD is fear, not anger, not aggression.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    One thing that doesn't make sense is that PTSD isn't a known cause of violent tendencies. It's easy to say, "oh, he had PTSD and just snapped." The thing is, when someone with PTSD "snaps", they commit suicide. PTSD is fear, not anger, not aggression.

You are exactly correct.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Between the strange events surrounding the recent mass shootings and the 3 deaths of high profile 2a supporters, I feel more and more like there is something going on bigger than just random incidents.

Nothing is a coincidence.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    Between the strange events surrounding the recent mass shootings and the 3 deaths of high profile 2a supporters, I feel more and more like there is something going on bigger than just random incidents.

I don't normally buy into conspiracy theories but I'm starting to wonder....

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

Ratliff, Noveske and Kyle or are their others? Travis and Chris better lay low. Yea, I am fully suspicious. I believe there is foul play with the intent of attacking our 2A and these 3 will not be the last three.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    I have looked hard, but I can find no evidence to support the media claims that the perp sufferred from PTSD. Further, I read an article that states specifically the victims did not come into contact with the perp through the foundation.

I also concurr with Sage's comment that PTSD does not usually result in violent behavior towards others, mostly depression and suicidal tendencies. The "homicidal Vet" is a myth propagated by MSM.

I smell an Al-Quaeda hit. Wouldn't suprise me to see the perp's parent's house paid off very soon.

Man charged in fatal shooting of ex-SEAL/author - Yahoo! News

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012

This, as someone who has been diagnosed with PTSD and having lost a close friend in October to suicide because of it I refuse to believe that was the reason.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    Former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle fatally shot at Texas shooting range | Fox News

This article quotes an aquaintance that mentions PTSD of the guy (shooter) they were trying to help.

Same article that I cited. Fox just recycled it. At this point, there has been no official confirmation from military or medical proffessionals confirming that the perp had PTSD. So far, everybody's assuming it because they were together, but Cox did state that he knew the perp did NOT contact them through the foundation. And the "For Sale" sign at Routh's house may indicated financial difficulties.
    Routh could have been a nutbag with an axe to grind, but there was a bounty on Kyle's head. Either way, the MSM will twist this to fit their anti-gun agenda.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I like Ron Paul. He's way off base in this tweet though. He's going to disenfranchise a bunch of supporters with this.

@RonPaul Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Fox news just said that the suspect Routh never served in combat. I know this doesn't rule out ptsd, but for now this does seem to be a bunch of speculation from the media.

I will also purchase his book in the hope that it will help support his family, does anyone know if there is a memorial fund or something for his family?

RIP Chris

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I like Ron Paul. He's way off base in this tweet though. He's going to disenfranchise a bunch of supporters with this.

@RonPaul Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense.

WTF?, over

This tweet of his makes no sense, and it's completely disrespectful given the situation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79