• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    I just started posting but have noticed the disappearing OP phenomenon also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Get what fits you good...people talk about how crappy certain guns are, but some of the cheaper guns will run right with the $1000+ guns..... I like my 930 itll eat anything no adjustments. the gas system self regulates you can mix slug/dove shot/00/whatever in any order and itll empty as fast as you can pull the trigger and stay on target. I shot 9 slugs on target in I think 2.3-2.6 seconds, and almost no recoil.

As for recoil my Maverick 88 will kick you ass but I shot a benelli pump all day sunday way less recoil and have no bruising, my arms just tired from the repetitive movements all day.

Last edited:

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    also my 8yo nephew shoots slugs offhand with my 930 if that says anything. He was scared to death till he pulled the trigger and saw there really isn't really any recoil its about like an AR.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Real men pump their scatterguns. Get an 870. Oh yeah, and real men don't shoot 20 ga...

Ever hunted anything that shot back? I have.

I've served and hunted with some of the toughest, hardest, high-speed low-drag MCLM SOB's on the face of the planet. Their go-to scatterguns of choice weren't pump shotguns.

If it makes any difference, I was on a guided goose hunt in Hutchisinson KS this past February during winter storm Nika. Single digit temps, 40 mph winds, blizzard conditions, and low visibility. The guys on the hunt shot a broad range of high end shotguns; O/U's, gas, and inertia. Only two shotguns ran problem free, the guides Stoeger M3000, and another Stoeger being used as a backup when his new intertia A5 wouldn't cycle.

....that's my $.02. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    After my epic struggles with the Mossbergs...im not expecting anything but a pump to run light loads well.

The Beretta 390 / 391 is your friend in semi then , our the original A5. 1100's run good but one needs to keep extra o rings on hand because they do eventually go bad. They can be picked up cheap for not cycling too if the gas rings and o rings aren't reinstalled properly.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Beretta 390 / 391 is your friend in semi then , our the original A5. 1100's run good but one needs to keep extra o rings on hand because they do eventually go bad. They can be picked up cheap for not cycling too if the gas rings and o rings aren't reinstalled properly.

Will check out the Beretta you mentioned. OP what you get?

Last edited:

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    OP hasn't been back since February, but you guys are on a roll. Maybe talk a little about 20 Ga slugs for a while. We haven't covered that too much. Are they ok for breaching?

Tap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014

Or the Beretta A300.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom