2012-09-08161526.gif
    Capitol Armory ad

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    WIsh I wouldve read the thread more thoroughly and told you camping on the beach sucks so you couldve saved that effort

The incessant wind and of course the humidity blowing off the ocean sucks. Plus I was paranoid as hell about some drunk running us over in our tent so anytime headlights flashed on the tent I got nervous. Plus people walking up and down the beach talking, guess Im just nervous and think the worst of people. Cleaning my xdm was a PITA since I had it by the air matress and of course it got sand and that nasty film on it.

For future beach campers some words of advice:
    1- Camp somewhere where you can use a shower and toilet
    2- Bring BIG stakes to stake your tent down with
    3- Make sure your tent has auxilary attachment points up high to attach rope and additional stakes to
    4- Bring a few gallons of fresh water for rinsing off here and there
    5- Use a tarp for in front of your tent so you dont track so much sand in there
    6- An extra car battery with a power inverter to power a small fan makes a HUGE difference and can power a small radio for some tunes
    7- Test your air mattress out before using it, ours was a dud and was too flat to use within 4 hours
    8- Get an electric latern

Thats all I can think of besides the obvious of going in a 4wd vehicle and make sure to check the tides.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ill be doing it again too but not by choice. The wife loves the beach, I hate it when Ive got to camp on it. She deals with my hobbies so I figure a sleepless night every couple months on the beach isnt too bad.

I shouldve taken a picture of all the twisted up canopy skeletons, there had to be atleast 3 at each trash can and theres trash cans every 200yds or so.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Ill be doing it again too but not by choice. The wife loves the beach, I hate it when Ive got to camp on it. She deals with my hobbies so I figure a sleepless night every couple months on the beach isnt too bad.

I shouldve taken a picture of all the twisted up canopy skeletons, there had to be atleast 3 at each trash can and theres trash cans every 200yds or so.

No joke, I got about a solid 3 hours of sleep last night.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011

you're not doing it right.

sounds like you should just book a hotel room next time.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    you're not doing it right.

sounds like you should just book a hotel room next time.

Yeah, we will be renting a condo next time. The only other time Ive "slept" on the beach was in my younger days passing out after drinking with friends in teh bed of my truck so my beach experience is a bit different these days.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    i'm glad the only image in my head of a shirtless rusty shackleford, is just Dale Gribble...

Top Bottom