• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I know it sounds weird, but I've never been to the beach before. I'm trying to set up a trip to Corpus Christi to see what it's all about. Anyone have any recommendations on where to go? I'm reading I need some sort of parking permit for some of the beaches. Is that it?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Camping on the beach sounds like a cool idea. The original plan was to meet up with a few friends in San Antonio, take one car, and come back that night - to save money on a hotel.

Are you allowed to drive your car up onto the beach?

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yes, the link I gave ya' has beach access and can drive right to where you wanna play. Is plan on the night there. Sooooo much better that in the sun all day and then driving back drained.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The beach permit is $15, good for a year. Get them at any convenience store. Port Aransas has a great setup. $8 or $10 to camp, and they have restrooms and showers really close.

Great surf fishing there too. IMO, better than Corpus. Fishing is also good at Packary Channel.

But check out the Lexington. Very cool.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I grew up there and though I know they have the beach stickers and passes we never used them (except for the Rockport beach) would always go out to Port Aransas and drink/camp on the beach without any permits, for the first few miles there are wooden posts that prevent cars from passing and getting close to the water but if you go down far enough you can actually drive straight into the water if you wanted to.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    If you want bring some shovels, we used to go pick up the broken pallets Walmart would leave by the road, dig a fire ring, and have a small bonfire on the beach. Can be very relaxing, if anyone said anything to you about camping without a permit you could always say that you drank more than intended and was being safe by not driving, could possibly still get a ticket but we never did, depending on when you actually decide to head down we might be able to join you, possibly heading down anyways around the 15th to see my sister before she heads out to CA.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    That doesn't sound too bad timing wise.

So there's no burn ban?

To the best of my knowledge no, I'll verify with friends who still live down there but don't think there would be as you're right on the water, did see some dumbasses set the grass on fire on the hill behind the beach in front of the hotels a few years back because they were drunk spring break partiers playing with fireworks.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    The only time I've actually heard of anyone getting a ticket for no parking permit was during spring break where there is a lot of stupidness going on and police presence is high, would basically slip a ticket under the wiper of someone who had parked and was walking down the beach. As far as fires and stuff though use common sense and you'll be fine, don't go too big, have some water on stand by and keep the dirt you dig up close so you can throw it back over the hole after you're done and leave the beach as you left it. Also side note glass bottles aren't allowed on the beach, have seen many people get ticketed for that.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I like to get really drunk at an in town bar then go to some random persons house on Shoreline Drive, strip buck ass nekid and shower in their garden hose before sleeping on the beach.

But that's just how I roll.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    The only time I've actually heard of anyone getting a ticket for no parking permit was during spring break where there is a lot of stupidness going on and police presence is high, would basically slip a ticket under the wiper of someone who had parked and was walking down the beach. As far as fires and stuff though use common sense and you'll be fine, don't go too big, have some water on stand by and keep the dirt you dig up close so you can throw it back over the hole after you're done and leave the beach as you left it. Also side note glass bottles aren't allowed on the beach, have seen many people get ticketed for that.

Should be good on the glass bottles. I typically use my camelbak and a nalgene. As long as I don't get a ticket, I'm good.

Top Bottom