• 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    ANother Jeeper here too, mines a bit older though
    IMG_2138.jpg

Once my dad gets his shop built Ill be building an iron LS1 to drop in it. It went from 17ish stock to 13 on the highway with the lift/wheels and all the extra BS on it. We should get a group together to go do a little offroad wheeling.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    It's a fun place, but most of the trails are going to be more hardcore than you'll want to do in your stock JK. There's still plenty of fun to be had though, even if you end up riding shotgun in somebody else's Jeep through some of the more challenging trails.

Since you're in San Antonio, I'd recommend Katemcy Rocks.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yeah, I'm going with a few modified guys...they said I should be able to at least do the 1 trails and most of the 2. We're mainly going to meet more of the folks from our area...looking forward to it.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    If yall plan another trip post up. I built the jeep 4 years ago and have yet to ever take it somewhere where I need to pull the sway bar disconnects

Mine isnt hardcore by any means so Id like to know how tough the trails really are. Mine just has a 4" short arm kit with a triangulated rear on 33s with of course the stock Rubicon goodies so its pretty damn capable but relatively low ground clearance compared to some but I built mine with more hunting capability and good road manners in mind than hardcore trail riding...

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    i'd be down for a get together. i trailer to the far-away OHV parks, and don't mind the drive. here's my Ford CJ7:

162957_585487343504_7346183_n.jpg

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Oh man. Just got back an hour or so. It was an experience. I learned a lot valuable beach camping lessons lol.

All in all, it was a fantastic trip, and I would definitely go back. I'll post up a picture or two later.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    hahah look forward to hearing about the valuable beach camping lessons. i have an idea...

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Just a few quick tid bits of info that I've learned:

1) That sand gets everywhere. If air can touch it, it will get sand in/on it.
    2) Bring the necessary gear. I brought wood, but didn't have a way to split it. I also had a hell of a time trying to make a campfire, so much so - that I didn't have a campfire.
    3) Bring a lighter, or a hell of a lot of matches.

There's plenty more, but I'm far too drained to think of them all.

Also, trying to sleep when it's super humid and 80F+ outside is INCREDIBLY difficult.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    it's always a good idea to stop at a self-serve car wash and spray down the entire truck, top and bottom - especially the bottom. rinse off all the salt.

Top Bottom