• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Since I was not in the military, can someone cite the section of Marine rules that prohibits umbrellas?

I have done some basic research and it seems the Army, Air Force and Navy allow it. I could be wrong, and if you decide to correct me please list a source, if you have one.

Thanks.

http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCO P1020.34G W CH 1-5.pdf

Section 3035

3035. UMBRELLAS. Female Marines may carry an all-black, plain standard or
    collapsible umbrella at their option during inclement weather with the
    service and dress uniforms. It will be carried in the left hand so that the
    hand salute can be properly rendered. Umbrellas may not be used/carried in
    formation nor will they be carried with the utility uniform.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    US Army Regulation 670-1

Army Regulation 670-1 (Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Equipment), paragraph 27-27, reads: Females may carry and use an umbrella, only during inclement weather, when wearing the service (class A and B), dress, and mess uniforms. Umbrellas are not authorized in formations or when wearing field or utility uniforms.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCO P1020.34G W CH 1-5.pdf

Section 3035

3035. UMBRELLAS. Female Marines may carry an all-black, plain standard or
    collapsible umbrella at their option during inclement weather with the
    service and dress uniforms. It will be carried in the left hand so that the
    hand salute can be properly rendered. Umbrellas may not be used/carried in
    formation nor will they be carried with the utility uniform.

US Army Regulation 670-1

Army Regulation 670-1 (Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Equipment), paragraph 27-27, reads: Females may carry and use an umbrella, only during inclement weather, when wearing the service (class A and B), dress, and mess uniforms. Umbrellas are not authorized in formations or when wearing field or utility uniforms.

Thank you. And just for my clarification, there are no sections covering males?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I just want to cover my 6 before I get into with some lefttards. ;)

hehe Sure

Oh, the same Marine that gave that cite said despite the regs, and political affiliation, when the CiC tells any service member do something short of moral or ethical violations, you do it. So, service first.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    ...but the point remains that these are not Mr Obama's personal servants. They are United States Marines. He should've had one of his lackeys like Jay Carney hold the damn umbrella. Or he could just man up and deal with a little rain falling on him.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    ...but the point remains that these are not Mr Obama's personal servants. They are United States Marines. He should've had one of his lackeys like Jay Carney hold the damn umbrella. Or he could just man up and deal with a little rain falling on him.

Carney would have been perfect, he was born to hold obamas umbrella. Sure does think he's special. Comes from being toted around like a pharaoh on the shoulders of liberal lackeys his whole life. Incompetent arrogant asshole. But he's got the right skin color and that's all that matters. MLK would be proud.[/sarcasm]

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Never said the point didn't remain. If the POTUS asked my USN husband to hold his umbrella he'd say 'Yes sir' and comply, his personal views aside.

We as civilians can hold this view and express it. Service members, especially in uniform and on duty cannot. Some members, often those in leadership roles, both Enlisted and Officer are professional enough to separate politics and duty. And they should. That is done specifically so they can do their jobs and do it well, no matter who is in office. It is for the mission, not the man. My husband serves at the pleasure of the President of the United States. He took his oath seriously as did/do majority of members.

I realize the topic and the point you are making. My husband and I have these conversations all the time. He is further to the Right than I am. I am telling the readership that you must understand there is a line that service members do not cross when they are actively serving, whether you like it or not, it exists. I experience it with DH. Us civilians can spout just about anything anywhere. They cannot, rather, will not. They are in a chain of command and take it very seriously. It must be adhered to and complied with. It is the foundation.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I see it as a good thing that this many civilians who can voice their opinions are voicing them. It's not just here, this is all over Facebook as well. Maybe, just maybe, some of the outrage will reach Glorious Leader - although he will be baffled by it.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I see it as a good thing that this many civilians who can voice their opinions are voicing them. It's not just here, this is all over Facebook as well. Maybe, just maybe, some of the outrage will reach Glorious Leader - although he will be baffled by it.

Surely!

I in no way approve of what he did. I think he has an ego problem. He's always gotta prove he is better than everybody else; he's completely arrogant. (Though I don't know what for. I flat out think he's a failure and he needs to come to terms with it, but knowing his personality, he won't.)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    USAF Regulations Section 1
    Officers: Do whatever you want
    Enlisted: Mirror your CO, but expect 25year NCOs and Canadians to yell at you. Confusion is normal

;)

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    i don't know why i'm revisiting this, i think the disgust meter has already maxed out.. the day to day picture of him "saluting" is what bothers me, that and the fact he practiced it in front of some white house mirror.. duty corp's man proll'y taught him..

my apologies to any and all corpsmen..

Top Bottom