Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Am I the only one who see's a few problems with this?
    Previously I haven't been as hard on Obama as many people. I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt and, as I've noted elsewhere, the USA has a stunning habit of electing nincompoops to the presidency. We've always survived bad leadership; in fact, we've made it a tradition.

This picture, though, is a kick in the stomach. It reveals a great deal about the character (not the competence, not the politics, the character) of our president. And what it reveals is all bad, an order of magnitude beyond simple corruption and incompetence.

He must plead ignorance and apologize very quickly. If he doesn't, I will no longer consider unreasonable the personal animosity towards the person of BHO that so many people display. Previously, I hadn't understood it; now I think I do.
    DK Firearms

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Previously I haven't been as hard on Obama as many people. I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt and, as I've noted elsewhere, the USA has a stunning habit of electing nincompoops to the presidency. We've always survived bad leadership; in fact, we've made it a tradition.

This picture, though, is a kick in the stomach. It reveals a great deal about the character (not the competence, not the politics, the character) of our president. And what it reveals is all bad, an order of magnitude beyond simple corruption and incompetence.

He must plead ignorance and apologize very quickly. If he doesn't, I will no longer consider unreasonable the personal animosity towards the person of BHO that so many people display. Previously, I hadn't understood it; now I think I do.

Here is a point of reference for you. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368832795.089772.jpg

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Here is a point of reference for you. View attachment 21300

Seriously. Could any of you stand there (as an average self respecting man, and not the "leader" of the "free" world) and let a MARINE hold an umbrella over your head? What's next? Are they are going to put down their coat for him to walk on so he doesn't step in a puddle? Shameful. That guy needs to be smacked.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I know in the Army it is against regulations for a male in uniform to carry or hold an umbrella, is it not the same in the Marines?
    I thought you could carry whatever, it just had to be with your left hand. At least that's what we did in the AF. I would just wear my gortex shell when it rained tho... I still wear it when it rains; its the perfect rain coat.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I thought you could carry whatever, it just had to be with your left hand. At least that's what we did in the AF. I would just wear my gortex shell when it rained tho... I still wear it when it rains; its the perfect rain coat.

In the Army only females can carry an umbrella while in uniform and only while in a Dress Uniform.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    In the Army only females can carry an umbrella while in uniform and only while in a Dress Uniform.

Its the same across the board. That marine holding it for the president is breaking two regs-holding an umbrella and holding an object in his left hand. The way they're standing, I'm sure they're just doing as instructed at an earlier time.

This is my shotgun. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I actually laugh at this photo going around. He is the president, whether we like him or not. Personally I don't care if they held the umbrella while he spoke.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I don't think people are objecting that Marines hold umbrellas for "the President"... if they volunteered to do so out of respect for the office. Instead, he ordered them to the task without any reciprocal respect for the fact that they are Marine Corps Honor Guards. He could have easily asked one of his ass-kissing staffers to do so instead...

It's just a small peek into his mindset, I suppose.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    The thought of anyone holding an umbrella over my head makes my skin crawl. Let a alone a marine. If it's raining hold the presser indoors. If there's a sprinkle, take a hanky and wipe your damn face.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Since I was not in the military, can someone cite the section of Marine rules that prohibits umbrellas?

I have done some basic research and it seems the Army, Air Force and Navy allow it. I could be wrong, and if you decide to correct me please list a source, if you have one.

Thanks.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom