• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    OP, short answer is probably.

Still can't believe 4M voted for O'Rourke.

Influx of West Coasters and hispanics is pushing Texas left.

In the mid 70's and into the 80's, roughly 2 out of every 10 licenses plates you saw in urban/suburban Houston were from NJ or FL, with MI a close third.

Now their grand kids are voting ... while some may be conservative, what are the odds that the urban NE "crowded rat syndrome", at the root of the liberal mindset and introduced into a rural Texas at the time, and our public education, did not pollute the gene pool?
    Guns International

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Hispanics don’t necessarily have to be automatic “liberals” IF their conservative side could successfully be addressed (appealed) to by the GOP.

Those South American right-wing (as in, RIGHT-wing) death squads in the 1960s & 70s came from *somewhere*!

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Hispanics don’t necessarily have to be automatic “liberals” IF their conservative side could successfully be addressed (appealed) to by the GOP.

Those South American right-wing (as in, RIGHT-wing) death squads in the 1960s & 70s came from *somewhere*!

You're right. Many Hispanics I worked with in the construction industry, particularly those in business for themselves, were more conservative than the rinos in congress.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    A thoughtful article, that addresses many of the underlying causes of this topic.

A pretty good read to gain an understanding of why, and what we need to get through these times with our Constitution intact.

"Most elites had assumed the deindustrialized red-state interior was doomed to a sort of preordained and irreversible decline, much of it supposedly self-induced. In more candid moments, elites jested that red-state losers might be better replaced by new immigrants, both legal and illegal."
    Victor Davis Hanson

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Thanks karlac,
    For that article; now I don’t know if I’m more sick to my stomach or depressed!

Actually his point is well taken but I could’ve lived without the rehashing of all the criminal players over the last decade+.

When Obama began preaching his sermon about there being no such thing as “American exceptionalism” and his wife saying she had never been proud of America, I knew we were in for a long and arduous struggle.

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como

These articles/polls seldom expand on just what it is that Hispanics feel Democrats are representative of them and as such care about them.

Do they feel some connection to the illegals coming across the border? The demonizing of illegals? Or perhaps "free stuff."

As others have said. I am getting older and by the time the shit hits the fan; I'll be on my way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    As others have said. I am getting older and by the time the shit hits the fan; I'll be on my way out.
    I hear 'ya, I'm there also, but I think it might occur sooner than you think it might. 2020 is going to be a very telling election. I've got maybe 10 years left, 15 at the most, and I would sure rather spend it in peace.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I moved to This Great State 4 months ago with my Wife From Commifornia. Obviously Texas is Better than Commiland in the sense that There is a 2nd Amendment, Lower Taxes, ect... But Iv got to ask this Nail biting Million Doller question. With the recent BETO scare. Do any of you think Texas will Turn Blue in the near future ? Do you think there will me major Restrictions on the 2nd Amendment like They did in Commifonia ?

TexasPatriot1916,

Texas will NEVER, in the lifetime of anyone now alive, be BLUE or even PURPLE unless the many millions of illegal emigrants were, by magic, made voters.

Well over 80 MILLION bucks, dumped into Texas from the left/right coasts & "Holly-WEIRD", to try to elect the "PHONY Tejano", Beto O'Rrourke, to the Senate was utterly WASTED.

IF the leftist DIMocRATS from out of TX are foolish enough to try that stupid stunt again, they will be UNSUCCESSFUL again. - Frankly, I truly hope that they are DUMB enough to try that again, as that is many millions of $$$$$$$$ that they won't have to campaign with elsewhere.

Personally, I would like to see a new law passed that PROHIBITS any but donations to any candidate UNLESS the donor can vote for that person. = Which is to say: NO corporate, union, NGO, PAC, group and/or out-of-state donations allowed be given to ANYONE.

I would also like a federal law passed that PROHIBITS "anything of value" being given to, solicited from, offered to and/or accepted by any federal office-holder.
    (NOT even a free cheeseburger & a Coke should be lawful, imo.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Agree.

While most Hispanics tend to have more conservative values, results indicate they largely vote one issue - immigration. And thus most vote Dem.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    IDo any of you think Texas will Turn Blue in the near future ?

Now that I’ve calmed down a little (this topic sets me off), let me do some explaining for you.

Pretty much since reconstruction, Texas was solidly democrat controlled. That doesn’t mean Texas was liberal; instead Texans have general been limited government, fiscally conservative libertarian. It’s only been since 1994 or so that Texas has primarily elected Republicans in state and federal offices and most of our Senators and Republicans go to Washington with a mandate to first do no harm.

There have always been diehard pockets of democrats, especially in Hispanic areas. Traditionally, you could tie this to their religion of choice and that LBJ decided pretty much everyone should be able to shit indoors and have electricity, so he made that happen and that has not been forgotten. But, most Hispanics I know that we’re born here don’t really buy the argument that we need more immigrants. For a lot of reasons.

So, let’s get back to another unique thing about Texas. Historically, Texas has not wanted federal intrusion. This is part of why Texas is something like 94% private land. When the US admitted Texas as a state, the offer was give us your land and we will pay your debts. Smartly, we said no and that’s why there’s very little public land in Texas.

If there’s one serious mistake we’ve made, it was electing Rick Perry. In his quest to attract business, he essentially said “import your people, their beliefs, and their money”, which is why we’re paying the price today, both financially and politically. As far as I’m concerned, that fucker sold us out for a shot at the presidency.

Finally, let’s talk about Beto. That jackass raised more money than anybody running for the Senate ever in the history of America, and he outspent Cruz about 2.5 to 1. In Texas terms, he put on a good show but, like the Texas/Georgia Sugar Bowl last week, it wasn’t as close as the score looked.

Sure, he was a national sensation, but only because, for some reason, a bunch of non-Texans said so. He’s the Ocasio-Cortex of Texas. And Texans looked at him and rightly said all hat, no cattle. Now if he swings for Cornyn’s seat in 2020 that’ll be a different story because Cornyn will treat the race like any other instead of realizing there’s a ton of R-voters in Texas that will bypass his name on the ticket and cast no vote instead of holding their noses and going straight party.

If you’ve stayed with me this long, here’s one piece of advice I’ll give you. Most people don’t care where you came from, so long as you forget that you willing my moved here because you want to be a Texan. So, don’t tell us how you did it back there, don’t ask us why we don’t have/do whatever it is you did back there, because there’s a reason we’re different. Adopt your new state. Study our history, learn our customs and culture, and be good to your neighbors, because most of them will go to the ends of the earth for you, without your even asking, because immigration without assimilation is invasion.

And that is what it feels like to a lot of natives. An invasion. From CA; and the numbers support that feeling.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Finally, let’s talk about Beto. That jackass raised more many than anybody running for the Senate ever in the history of America, and he outspent Cruz about 2.5 to 1. In Texas terms, he put on a good show but, like the Texas/Georgia Sugar Bowl last week, it wasn’t as close as the score looked.
    And Texans looked at him and rightly said all hat, no cattle.

4M Texans bit.

That vote was probably the closest a Dem has gotten to a statewide office in a long time.

Wake up call.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    oldag,

YEP. - I suspect that "the rich out of state donors" learned that they couldn't sell a "handsome, Kennedy-style" DUNCE & a 100% PHONY to the majority of Texas voters and/or BUY a US Senate seat here.
    NO DIMocRAT has held statewide office in TX in over 2 decades.

Even billionaires don't like "throwing good money after bad". - Most RICH people didn't get rich by being STUPID or being reckless with their money.

yours, satx

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Now that I’ve calmed down a little (this topic sets me off), let me do some explaining for you.

Pretty much since reconstruction, Texas was solidly democrat controlled. That doesn’t mean Texas was liberal; instead Texans have general been limited government, fiscally conservative libertarian. It’s only been since 1994 or so that Texas has primarily elected Republicans in state and federal offices and most of our Senators and Republicans go to Washington with a mandate to first do no harm.

There have always been diehard pockets of democrats, especially in Hispanic areas. Traditionally, you could tie this to their religion of choice and that LBJ decided pretty much everyone should be able to shit indoors and have electricity, so he made that happen and that has not been forgotten. But, most Hispanics I know that we’re born here don’t really buy the argument that we need more immigrants. For a lot of reasons.

So, let’s get back to another unique thing about Texas. Historically, Texas has not wanted federal intrusion. This is part of why Texas is something like 94% private land. When the US admitted Texas as a state, the offer was give us your land and we will pay your debts. Smartly, we said no and that’s why there’s very little public land in Texas.

If there’s one serious mistake we’ve made, it was electing Rick Perry. In his quest to attract business, he essentially said “import your people, their beliefs, and their money”, which is why we’re paying the price today, both financially and politically. As far as I’m concerned, that fucker sold us out for a shot at the presidency.

Finally, let’s talk about Beto. That jackass raised more many than anybody running for the Senate ever in the history of America, and he outspent Cruz about 2.5 to 1. In Texas terms, he put on a good show but, like the Texas/Georgia Sugar Bowl last week, it wasn’t as close as the score looked.

Sure, he was a national sensation, but only because, for some reason, a bunch of non-Texans said so. He’s the Ocasio-Cortex of Texas. And Texans looked at him and rightly said all hat, no cattle. Now if he swings for Cornyn’s seat in 2020 that’ll be a different story because Cornyn will treat the race like any other instead of realizing there’s a ton of R-voters in Texas that will bypass his name on the ticket and cast no vote instead of holding their noses and going straight party.

If you’ve stayed with me this long, here’s one piece of advice I’ll give you. Most people don’t care where you came from, so long as you forget that you willing my moved here because you want to be a Texan. So, don’t tell us how you did it back there, don’t ask us why we don’t have/do whatever it is you did back there, because there’s a reason we’re different. Adopt your new state. Study our history, learn our customs and culture, and be good to your neighbors, because most of them will go to the ends of the earth for you, without your even asking, because immigration without assimilation is invasion.

And that is what it feels like to a lot of natives. An invasion. From CA; and the numbers support that feeling.
    What he said.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    4M Texans bit.

That vote was probably the closest a Dem has gotten to a statewide office in a long time.

Wake up call.

I’m not there yet. He got to that number because a bunch of people had their panties in a wad over Trump.

That and about 12M bumper stickers and yard signs.

Had it been <100,000 vote difference I’d be worried. Traditionally, more registered Ds vote than registered Rs. This was true in 18 and he lost. If the Rs ever get really motivated, it’d be embarrassing for the Ds, I think.

Top Bottom