• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I've always had pre-cancer stuff sprayed (frozen) on my face and head each year. Stings for a few seconds then stops. Last week she found a spot on back of my right arm she didn't like so took a biopsy. I never saw it before but never looked. It came back Melanoma, that bad shit. No spraying gonna get rid of that. Gotta go in next week to have even more cut out to see how far it's progressed and already close to lymph nodes. My advice to all is to get a check each year and at least have someone around your house check your back, back of legs, neck, butt, and even between your toes and feet. And you do the same for them. This stuff is deadly if it gets into lymph nodes and travels to organs. And it doesn't all look like the pic I'm enclosing here. Any suspicions, make an app't to clear it up.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• IMG_6223.JPEG
      IMG_6223.JPEG
      151.1 KB · Views: 80

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I go once a year, most times a freezing does the trick. Had a spot on my nose that needed MOHS, told the doctor when he closed up the hole make me look like a bad guy. Next check up a spot on my forehead, doctor said it could be cut out without the MOHS. I have a spot on my arm needs to be looked at, appointment this month. garysoltner.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I go once a year, most times a freezing does the trick. Had a spot on my nose that needed MOHS, told the doctor when he closed up the hole make me look like a bad guy. Next check up a spot on my forehead, doctor said it could be cut out without the MOHS. I have a spot on my arm needs to be looked at, appointment this month. View attachment 449808
    Ouch!! I’m do for a wellness check up. The box to shit in has been ordered for me. My doctor said I should have labs done again in June.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Melanoma survivor; don’t FA or you’ll FO. If you’re routinely getting stuff froze off, talk to your derm about efudex. It’s a DIY topical chemo that attacks dividing cells (root of cancer).

Applied 2x daily for 2-4 weeks followed by 2-4 weeks of recovery. First time is worst time because you’re dealing with a lifetime of damage. After that you can do the application once every other year or so and it’s way less problematic.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I've always had pre-cancer stuff sprayed (frozen) on my face and head each year. Stings for a few seconds then stops. Last week she found a spot on back of my right arm she didn't like so took a biopsy. I never saw it before but never looked. It came back Melanoma, that bad shit. No spraying gonna get rid of that. Gotta go in next week to have even more cut out to see how far it's progressed and already close to lymph nodes. My advice to all is to get a check each year and at least have someone around your house check your back, back of legs, neck, butt, and even between your toes and feet. And you do the same for them. This stuff is deadly if it gets into lymph nodes and travels to organs. And it doesn't all look like the pic I'm enclosing here. Any suspicions, make an app't to clear it up.
    <>

Melanoma can be a really bad actor.

Make sure that you are treated EARLY-ON by real experts.

Some of the treatments may seem excessive; but you are literally ‘’betting your life’’ on them.

Good Luck !

leVieux

<>

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Without treatment melanomas are 98% fatal as they metastasize to other parts/organs of the body.

A retired doctor found one on my left ear and suggested I get it checked out i.e. biopsied.

Turned out to be a melanoma.

I had it removed and checked in with the Surgeon/Oncologist once a year for 10 years.

All he'd do is briefly examine it and tell me I was fine.

At the end of 10 years he assured I was cured and didn't need to see him again.

This was done 40 years ago.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    A longtime friend said her friend had been examined each year, full body scan. But they missed a spot on her foot she found later on her own. It was progressive melanoma and she ended up almost dying from it. Check your own body and have someone you trust check your back. There are two cancers you do not want - melanoma and esophagus. Damn near a death sentence with one.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    A longtime friend said her friend had been examined each year, full body scan. But they missed a spot on her foot she found later on her own. It was progressive melanoma and she ended up almost dying from it. Check your own body and have someone you trust check your back. There are two cancers you do not want - melanoma and esophagus. Damn near a death sentence with one.
    Good luck. Amigo. Hopefully you got in front of it. Prayers sent.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Some ‘’cancers’ can lie dormant for decades, then return clinically. I’m. not a ‘’Cancer Doc’’; but have seen these for decades.

Some are renal cell CA, melanoma, & certain types of breast CA.

Once one is a 5-year ‘tumor-free survivor’’, they are still never out of danger.

We used to think the recurrences were ‘’new’’ cancers; but modern genetic tumor analyses prove them the same tumor, back again.

IDK exactly how this works; but if once a melanoma patient, one must remain. under surveillance for their lifetime.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    How does one find these experts?
    <>

U T’s M D Anderson has them, but the price is the rigid bureaucratic treatment of their patient care.

I’d ask my local Oncology or Dermatology Docs for a referral to specific expert care.

This is out of my areas of expertise; and I haven’t kept up with it.

<>

Top Bottom