• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    ...If the Rs ever get really motivated, it’d be embarrassing for the Ds, I think.

Still, back when concealed carry, its amendments and campus carry bills were before the Texas Legislature, the urban Dem's (along with one rino) gave us an out of proportion measure of crap getting something reasonable passed.

You can lay all the extra hoops we have to jump through to exercise those rights in Texas directly at the feet of today's Dems.

... just hope like hell we don't have to ever start over on that issue.
    Target Sports

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ..., the urban Dem's (along with one rino) gave us an out of proportion measure of crap getting something reasonable passed.

You can lay all the extra hoops we have to jump through to exercise those rights in Texas directly at the feet of the Dems.

That I agree with; this should probably go in the resolutions thread, but I’ll probably be working my ass of this session to get HB357 and HB238 passed, and shooting down all the ERPO and anti-2A stuff.

I forget the bill off the top of my head...I thinks it’s HB195...wants to reduce the 3.06/30.07 signage to 8.5x11 combined for English and Spanish.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    AustinN4,

ME TOO, as I want to end my earthly life (I'm 72 YO.) as a citizen of a CONSERVATIVE & solidly "RED" Texas.

In the event that the "out of state rich" ever try the "Beto stunt" again, I want them 100% HUMILIATED at the polls, regardless of what we have to do as GOP activists, to assure that they are NEVER again tempted to interfere in TX elections.

yours, satx

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Agree.

While most Hispanics tend to have more conservative values, results indicate they largely vote one issue - immigration. And thus most vote Dem.
    I think it was just last week that I heard on 820AM that the left was disappointed in the % of Hispanic votes. I will see if I can pull that story later.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    From observing this trend for 50 years, which picked up speed in Texas in the early 70's, it is unarguable that anywhere the urban/suburban population exceeds the rural, the transition from red, to purple, to eventually blue is in full swing. Why? In nutshell: public education systems.

To reverse it you'd have to take back public education, all the way through university.

Good luck with that.

One way we could slow it down is to not allow Texas political campaigns to be financed from special interests outside Texas, which happened in the most egregious manner to date with Beto.

That $80m+ is still poisoning the conservative well we must have to stay even purple.

Home school. It works.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Home school. It works.
    That’s my hope. My oldest, the boy, is almost 8. Very soon he and I will start reading the Politically Incorrect Guide series and giving him a better foundation of American history, exceptionalism and other historical stories without the liberal twist.

We also got a really interesting looking book at the Alamo the other year.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Home school. It works.

Preach it, Bro!

After you've put a white female through K-12 in urban Houston, Texas ISD, and 4 years of an aptly named "liberal" arts college in the 21st century ...

To raise a conservative in that environment takes 20 years of constant effort against an unrelenting liberal ideaology ... and basically a losing proposition if the parents were products of same.

txtanut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    fort worth
    I think Texas will become blue at some point. With the influx of people from blue states and our diverse population it is bound to happen.

Seems like all the things I have loved about Texas are slowly eroding.

I think we are seeing a erosion of just basic manners, civility, and personal responsibility. My nephew always calls me old school or a hard a$$ but I am shocked these days when someone holds a door for me or addresses me as sir. My nephew thinks that his car getting broken into because he left his backpack on the seat was not his fault. His argument is someone else should not be acting like a jerk and break his window out.

Some things are getting light shined on them like bullying etc which is a good thing. But I think a large amount of people today are more concerned about how the look to their social media friends than their friends they see every day and whatever problem they are having is because of someone else. No one wants to take responsibility for them selves any more.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    That’s my hope. My oldest, the boy, is almost 8. Very soon he and I will start reading the Politically Incorrect Guide series and giving him a better foundation of American history, exceptionalism and other historical stories without the liberal twist.

We also got a really interesting looking book at the Alamo the other year.

I highly recommend the "Uncle Eric" series by Richard Maybury; he has books covering economics, history, and government. Some of them are geared toward middle-school aged children and some toward high-school aged/adult.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I think it was just last week that I heard on 820AM that the left was disappointed in the % of Hispanic votes. I will see if I can pull that story later.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

When we look at the maps showing which areas voted Dem, they primarily are the big cities (Austin, Houston, Dallas) and the areas with high hispanic populations (San Antonio, valley, etc.).

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    When we look at the maps showing which areas voted Dem, they primarily are the big cities (Austin, Houston, Dallas) and the areas with high hispanic populations (San Antonio, valley, etc.).
    And therein lies the time bomb - those areas have faster growth rates.

Top Bottom